Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by AmareIsGod »

If KP never really plays or continues to suffer injuries, I'd win that bet that cap's signature displays. I'll take a role player over a star that never plays any meaningful minutes or games every season.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 am
iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:16 am
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:15 am
God. Salt in the wounds.
Jesus.
I am going to choose to believe that this is not true. My mental health needs it.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:59 am
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 am
iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:16 am
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:15 am
God. Salt in the wounds.
Jesus.
I am going to choose to believe that this is not true. My mental health needs it.
Maybe if we traded JJ for Porzingis, he never would have blown his knee out with our vaunted medical staff. Otherwise we would have traded for a guy that would have rode the pine for a season + recovering from a pretty bad knee injury. Then we could cross our fingers every night hoping that a 7'3" player doesn't have any continued knee injuries while we curse the Gods for our bad luck.

Why are we all overreacting to a player that had a bad knee injury and hasn't been on the court since February 6th of 2018? Do people really believe, especially after one torn ACL, that a guy with his frame and "mobility" won't ever have an awkward fall and suffer another knee injury (or multiple knee injuries) for the rest of his career?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Bledsoe and the 4th pick for KP and the 8th? No brainer IMO especialy since we apparently weren't taking Fox. Could've had DSJ, Frank or Mitchell.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:36 am
Bledsoe and the 4th pick for KP and the 8th? No brainer IMO especialy since we apparently weren't taking Fox. Could've had DSJ, Frank or Mitchell.
Ah, the days ago when the Suns thought that Bledsoe was the face and future of the Suns...good times...good times.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:48 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:36 am
Ah, the days ago when the Suns thought that Bledsoe was the face and future of the Suns...good times...good times.
I don't think this was ever a thing. The closest I can remember is when McD traded Dragic, got asked about trading out his best player and he answered that Bledsoe (and Kieff) were still Suns.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Bledsoe was McD's guy from day 1. He was the franchise point guard and it blew up in his face.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 am
Bledsoe was McD's guy from day 1. He was the franchise point guard and it blew up in his face.
This. Exactly this. This was the lynchpin of McD's demise.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:10 pm
ShelC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:57 am
This. Exactly this. This was the lynchpin of McD's demise.
Bledsoe was a McD's guy for sure, but until Dragic was traded, Goran was clearly the main guy. If Bedlsoe was truly the franchise in McD's eyes, he would have cleared the way for him as the undisputed PG, when in fact he did the opposite. He would have also granted him a max contract as soon as possible, instead of forcing the player to go find a deal.

I believe the lynchpin was signing IT3.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:04 am
Is there any doubt phx-suns.net could have this organization in a different place if we were the ones making the decision for the past few years?
I do think that our collective wisdom would have done better than the idiots running the Suns now. But I do wonder sometimes if we fans grossly underestimate the difficulty of dealing with agents and player egos and all that. We come up with these transactions and trade ideas and we assume we can just treat the players as assets or pieces to be used. But then we forget that we have to include some ballast player to please his agent or to make good on a FA signing last year from one of that agent's other players, or we forget that another agent won't deal with us so we can't swing that deal with Washington, or any number of other complications. I suspect a lot of stuff under the table makes being in an NBA front office really complex and difficult.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:32 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:04 am
Is there any doubt phx-suns.net could have this organization in a different place if we were the ones making the decision for the past few years?
I do think that our collective wisdom would have done better than the idiots running the Suns now. But I do wonder sometimes if we fans grossly underestimate the difficulty of dealing with agents and player egos and all that. We come up with these transactions and trade ideas and we assume we can just treat the players as assets or pieces to be used. But then we forget that we have to include some ballast player to please his agent or to make good on a FA signing last year from one of that agent's other players, or we forget that another agent won't deal with us so we can't swing that deal with Washington, or any number of other complications. I suspect a lot of stuff under the table makes being in an NBA front office really complex and difficult.
Well, when you say it that way...darn it.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

So our offer ended up being Josh Jackson, Mikal Bridges, and I’d guess Dragan Bender.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What has KP done for anyone lately? What has KP shown lately? A lot of wasting time being upset about a hurt player. "What if.. What if.. What if.."

Our glaring hole isn't Center. Our glaring hole is PG. When are we going to do something about that? Let's waste our energy there.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:00 pm
What has KP done for anyone lately? What has KP shown lately? A lot of wasting time being upset about a hurt player. "What if.. What if.. What if.."

Our glaring hole isn't Center. Our glaring hole is PG. When are we going to do something about that? Let's waste our energy there.
I think the assumption is that KP would have played PF. We need a PF too.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm not upset about not getting KD. I'm upset that the Suns had a 4 year plan of collecting assets to make a trade for a star when one became available and several stars have already come and gone and several more are on the market now and we're BAU.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Gambo says the Pelicans are not trading with the Lakers because they say the LA offer will still be there later and they want to see what other offers they can get (Boston?). I say we should help sweeten the Lakers offer by adding our 2019 first for NO, in exchange for Ball (who doesn't want to go to NO anyway). I get the feeling we are not taking any proactive steps like that, instead just waiting for something to happen first.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t want to include our 2019 1st for Ball.

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

What protection on the 2019 first would you require, if you were making the decision? Top 3? Top 5? Top 10?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Top 5