Suns News: September

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Suns News: September

Post by The Bobster »

In2ition wrote:I have a feeling that Bledsoe is going to be traded for Dion Waiters and filler so that Cleveland can have the two pg lineup and perimeter defense to cover for Irving. This will also allow them to have their 4 stars too.
well, that filler would have to be Varejao to make it work salary-wise then. I don't think they have enough other parts to match things up salary-wise.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

The Bobster wrote:
In2ition wrote:I have a feeling that Bledsoe is going to be traded for Dion Waiters and filler so that Cleveland can have the two pg lineup and perimeter defense to cover for Irving. This will also allow them to have their 4 stars too.
well, that filler would have to be Varejao to make it work salary-wise then. I don't think they have enough other parts to match things up salary-wise.
Let him take the QO and then we can trade him to Cleveland. I am sure he would agree to that trade and he could go for Waiters and the Miami pick or for Thompson and the Miami pick.

If Eric really wants a trade, he could negotiate a reasonable two-year deal with some team for a sign and trade. At this point, if the Suns got reasonable return, I am sure they would take it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I highly doubt a Bledsoe-to-Cleaveland trade would involve Thompson. They share the same agent.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

JCSunsfan wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Let him take the QO and then we can trade him to Cleveland. I am sure he would agree to that trade and he could go for Waiters and the Miami pick or for Thompson and the Miami pick.

If Eric really wants a trade, he could negotiate a reasonable two-year deal with some team for a sign and trade. At this point, if the Suns got reasonable return, I am sure they would take it.
If we could trade Bledsoe for Waiters + practically anything else, I think I would consider that a pretty successful move. I've always like Waiters. I think he's like Demarcus Cousins where if he was in a winning situation with a good coach, he'd be more level-headed and perform really well.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:
SDC wrote:ben affleck looked good as matt murdoch in daredevil too. too bad there were no sequels to that movie.
Wow. You may be the only person who's ever said they want a sequel of that turd.
it was better than the thor movies, iron man 2-3. i just saw it daredevil a few days ago again.

SDC

Post by SDC »

is there even room for bledsoe at this point for the suns?

Cap

Post by Cap »

SDC wrote:is there even room for bledsoe at this point for the suns?
Not unless his brother plays here.

SDC

Post by SDC »

bledsoe is a de facto UNrestricted free agent at this point if the dragic news is true.

Cap

Post by Cap »

SDC wrote:bledsoe is a de facto UNrestricted free agent at this point if the dragic news is true.
If teams weren't interested in trying to sign him before, I doubt the Zoran news will make the difference. Especially now that there aren't many teams with cap room.

Let's see if the offer sheets start flooding in. lol

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:
SDC wrote:bledsoe is a de facto UNrestricted free agent at this point if the dragic news is true.
If teams weren't interested in trying to sign him before, I doubt the Zoran news will make the difference. Especially now that there aren't many teams with cap room.

Let's see if the offer sheets start flooding in. lol
bledsoe is becoming rajon rondo.

once zoran becomes a sun, that 4/48 offer will be withdrawn.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Not sure if the Zoran talk is purely Goran appeasement. McD has watched them play together over several tournaments. I think it says more about them being open to shedding Beldsoe and perhaps wanting someone who could fit in quickly as part of the replacement strategy since we already have quite a few pups on the roster. Not saying Zoran would solely replace Beldsoe of course.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

In2ition wrote:I hope that we aren't signing him to just make Goran happy. I like Goran a lot and don't want to see him leave, but if he's the "core" of our franchise and it's best player(I'm not a hater and I apologize to all you Dragic lovers), then the Suns will be without a title for another decade.

I tend to agree with you. The thing is he doesn't seem like someone we need to pander to. He says all the right things and seems to love Phoenix. I worry this kind of this can mess with chemistry a bit

SDC

Post by SDC »

zoran's arrival here would signal the end of eric bledsoe's chapter as a phoenix sun, if IT's signing wasnt a clear enough.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Superbone wrote:Double Dragon!
Love(d) that game.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:I really don't think the Suns are doing it just to appease Goran.
Appease? No. Ingratiate themselves to him? Possibly.

The depth at the 4/5 spot is pretty weak, and there are/were guys out there like Earl Clark, Gustavo Ayon, Miroslav Raduljica, Andray Blatche, Elton Brand, and Jeremy Tyler that could have helped. Instead they add another guard. I have hard time believing that the main motivation off adding that guard was for his ability on the court.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it, and it isn't cause for significant criticism, but I do think a spade should be called a spade.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Superbone wrote:I really don't think the Suns are doing it just to appease Goran.
Appease? No. Ingratiate themselves to him? Possibly.

The depth at the 4/5 spot is pretty weak, and there are/were guys out there like Earl Clark, Gustavo Ayon, Miroslav Raduljica, Andray Blatche, Elton Brand, and Jeremy Tyler that could have helped. Instead they add another guard. I have hard time believing that the main motivation off adding that guard was for his ability on the court.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it, and it isn't cause for significant criticism, but I do think a spade should be called a spade.
this is why i kept saying suns should get zoran and gustavo as a pair. if it's just zoran, the suns still have a gaping hole at center. getting blatche could have worked also. he's improved his passing game and decision making playing for gilas.

if it's just zoran, then maybe your suspicions are correct. but if the suns also added blatche or ayon, sayonara bledsoe.

SDC

Post by SDC »

just sign zoran and blatche to two-yr deals and let's move on from bledsoe.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/AndyJ0seph/status/511951124845166592

The most homoerotic Suns related thing I've ever seen.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Maybe if they werent brothers it could be a bit homoerotic, but I dont see that at all. A tad weird, sure.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/AndyJ0seph/status/511951124845166592

The most homoerotic Suns related thing I've ever seen.

I love football on TV
Shots of Gina Lee
Hanging with my friends
Aaaaaannnddd TWIIIIIIIINNNNSS