Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
ShelC wrote:Pass on Blatche. Skills wise yes, character...nah.
I hear what you are saying but no one wins without a problem child or 2 at least not in the NBA.
The Spurs?

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I don't think Blatche seems like too much of a problem. I might not know everything, but aside from soliciting a prostitute years ago and speeding on the freeway, has he really been that much of a knucklehead? Didn't he recently do some kind of Jamaican fundraiser?

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:
I hear what you are saying but no one wins without a problem child or 2 at least not in the NBA.
I guess learning how to deal with a problem child or 2 on the team is part of the development process too.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Dealing with a problem child requires a pretty well-set roster and defined roles. This team has way too many players who are expecting minutes. Its a powder keg already.

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:
The Spurs?
Robert Horry. Stephen Jackson. Also, depends on what you believe about Tony Parker. But they are probably the best in regards to this, yes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't know if I'd take a chance on Blatche. He is going out of his way to diss his former team. He openly proclaims that teams should offer him the lowest amount of money possible so as to screw the Wizards as much as possible. That is not professional behavior. He's a grade-A knucklehead. I think he's got a decent amount of talent, but he doesn't move the needle for us, so I don't see a good reason to take on a risk or distraction like that.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Don't the good people of Phoenix deserve Lap Dance Tuesdays, too?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Grantland makes the case for Bledsoe to the Bucks:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/we-ha ... the-bucks/

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:Dealing with a problem child requires a pretty well-set roster and defined roles. This team has way too many players who are expecting minutes. Its a powder keg already.
In 2013-14, the Suns were the "great chemistry" surprise of the season, and in 2014-15 they're a powder keg? I don't believe it. These guys are professionals. They've shown that.

Yes, even Bledsoe, whose apparent desire not to be in Phoenix is probably not new and even as yet remains unspoken. Let him play and he'll give his best and he'll keep quiet about the fact that he'd rather be elsewhere. He has shown that, at least.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Dealing with a problem child requires a pretty well-set roster and defined roles. This team has way too many players who are expecting minutes. Its a powder keg already.
In 2013-14, the Suns were the "great chemistry" surprise of the season, and in 2014-15 they're a powder keg? I don't believe it. These guys are professionals. They've shown that.

Yes, even Bledsoe, whose apparent desire not to be in Phoenix is probably not new and even as yet remains unspoken. Let him play and he'll give his best and he'll keep quiet about the fact that he'd rather be elsewhere. He has shown that, at least.
Yes, a powder keg. All is calm at the moment, but one spark (a bad apple like Blatche) could make it blow up. Chemistry is fragile.

We will see. Its just that I have seen this over the years. Too many players expecting minutes leads to discontent. I think we need to find a way to pare down this roster some. We certainly cannot trade Bledsoe for multiple players. Picks are fine. They don't complain--now anyway.

Look at it. We removed Channing Frye from the roster. That is it. We are adding:

Tolliver
Isaiah Thomas
Half a year of Bledsoe (if he remains)
Ennis
Warren
Len might as well be a new player
Potentially Zoran

You cannot replace one player with 6.5 players and expect everyone to be content. Now I understand that Ennis and Zoran would probably be end of the bench types. But if Bledsoe plays, IT and Green will both play significantly less minutes than they did last year. Warren will cut into PJ and Mook's minutes. Len will take minutes from the departed Frye, so that will probably be ok.

Edit: Excuse me. I forget about Ish Smith going. That eases things us slightly. If the chemistry remains good it will be a testament to incredible character of the individual team members.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:
The Spurs?
Robert Horry. Stephen Jackson. Also, depends on what you believe about Tony Parker. But they are probably the best in regards to this, yes.
What did Tony Parker do??!

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:
The Spurs?
Not sure if serious? If so PM me.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:
The Spurs?
Ask Brent Barry.

Still wouldn't put him in the "knucklehead" category.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I'd be open to giving Blatche a chance, but it won't happen this year, here.

My guess is that Horndog and Mac want to give Len every chance to succeed or fail this coming season and the tall one will get plenty of minutes. In a pinch, Kief can see some time in the deep post. But for the dreamers out there, Ayon, Blatche or any other hanging-chad centers probably aren't coming this way, soon ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:I don't know if I'd take a chance on Blatche. He is going out of his way to diss his former team. He openly proclaims that teams should offer him the lowest amount of money possible so as to screw the Wizards as much as possible. That is not professional behavior. He's a grade-A knucklehead. I think he's got a decent amount of talent, but he doesn't move the needle for us, so I don't see a good reason to take on a risk or distraction like that.
it's personal with him. but how is that not professional? does he still have any obligations for the wizards?

and what's your opinion on bledsoe's behavior so far? i WOULDNT say it's unprofessional, but...

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:Too many players expecting minutes leads to discontent. I think we need to find a way to pare down this roster some.
It's the Phoenix Suns. Injuries will take care of that.

SDC

Post by SDC »

shavlik is also gone once blatche or ayon is acquired.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
carey wrote: I hear what you are saying but no one wins without a problem child or 2 at least not in the NBA.
Ask Brent Barry.

Still wouldn't put him in the "knucklehead" category.
Oh, okay. If it is the Brent Barry situation you are referring to Carey then I already knew about that. Yeah, I wouldn't put him in the "knucklehead" category for that either which is why I was confuse. Although that was pretty fudged up.

SDC

Post by SDC »

LazarusLong wrote:I'd be open to giving Blatche a chance, but it won't happen this year, here.

My guess is that Horndog and Mac want to give Len every chance to succeed or fail this coming season and the tall one will get plenty of minutes. In a pinch, Kief can see some time in the deep post. But for the dreamers out there, Ayon, Blatche or any other hanging-chad centers probably aren't coming this way, soon ...
they should have dumped him and okafor's body for a gasol rental

carey

Post by carey »

Wally_West wrote: Oh, okay. If it is the Brent Barry situation you are referring to Carey then I already knew about that. Yeah, I wouldn't put him in the "knucklehead" category for that either which is why I was confuse. Although that was pretty fudged up.
Yes, but not just that. There's the sketchy night club he ran in a strip mall with his brothers too. I'm not saying he's a knucklehead, but he ain't a choir boy.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!