Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Post by Ring_Wanted »

You can be sure Jackson’s camp has crunched those numbers and presented them to the Thunder as a comparison.
We now know that Jackson can't command the max.

Go figure.

$12M per? I guess, if you are operating under the assumption that the cap will be at 80-100M, but that remains to be seen.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Cap wrote:Welcome back.
Thanks - and please heed what's in parenthesis in my previous post. ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ahhh feels whole again with carey and swing back.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Great to see you Swingy! The place just isn't the same without you around.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Thanks gents, but please - PM me and keep this off of the thread, ok?

I know it may feel like a bit of old-home week and such, but I'd rather not clutter up the thread with stuff about my return - believe it or not, I still get severe attacks of conscience. ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:Welcome back.
Yes, welcome back Swing!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

D-oh!

Okay, screw it - I went over to some OLD stomping grounds in AzSportsFans & was promptly reminded why I left there for good when it made the jump from Rivals clear back in 2000 or so. So, I log onto here to check up on news, find the reply box at the bottom of the page, as Mori about it & he says my post privs are re-instated as of today.

So, that's it in a nutshell - glad to be back "home". Now let us get back to bashing Bledsoe as, though his agent is a first class screw-up, Bledsoe's the one who's paying that dummy.....

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Why don't we talk about the Player Rankings that TrueHoop and ESPN are doing?

Alexey Shved 104 places higher than T.J. Warren?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SwingMan wrote:D-oh!

Okay, screw it - I went over to some OLD stomping grounds in AzSportsFans & was promptly reminded why I left there for good when it made the jump from Rivals clear back in 2000 or so. So, I log onto here to check up on news, find the reply box at the bottom of the page, as Mori about it & he says my post privs are re-instated as of today.

So, that's it in a nutshell - glad to be back "home". Now let us get back to bashing Bledsoe as, though his agent is a first class screw-up, Bledsoe's the one who's paying that dummy.....
Glad to have you back Swingy!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote: No, we all know you don't care what anyone else thinks.
:roll:
You should probably just put me on ignore.
Don't be melodramatic, carey. That's like nuking your own house just because you see a roach in it.
If I see an interesting rumor I'm going to post it here.
That's a low standard for "interesting." But like I said, you can do what you want.
Really? I hope you take a step back and reread this post and see how you come off when you talk to me. It's seriously unpleasant and at this point would rather you ignore me.
My disdain is for RealGM insiders, not you, carey. I'm not ignoring you.

I'm not sure what was "seriously unpleasant" about my response, unless you have a deep personal attachment to RealGM insiders.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'll echo what others have said: Good to see you back, Swing. I made a thread about you in the General section to let others know you'd be back.

Who are all of Rich Paul's clients? Does he have a single one besides Lebron James who has a current contract of any kind? I mean, Bledsoe hasn't got one. Mark Jackson isn't coaching. Tristan Thompson, okay, but he's still on his rookie deal. Does Rich Paul represent Greg Munroe? Anyone else?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Mori Chu wrote:I'll echo what others have said: Good to see you back, Swing. I made a thread about you in the General section to let others know you'd be back.

Who are all of Rich Paul's clients? Does he have a single one besides Lebron James who has a current contract of any kind? I mean, Bledsoe hasn't got one. Mark Jackson isn't coaching. Tristan Thompson, okay, but he's still on his rookie deal. Does Rich Paul represent Greg Munroe? Anyone else?
Eric Bledsoe
Norris Cole
LeBron James
Cory Joseph
Kevin Seraphin
Tristan Thompson

http://hoopshype.com/agents.htm
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/514596171877449729

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Just beat me to it. Let's see what comes out of it. I suspect that they'll sign Bledsoe and auction him off to the highest bidder once he's locked in.

Edit: I'm curious to see how they handle the possibility above. Trade kickers or no-trade deals? I just hope they have enough money left to max Dragic next year.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The Hornets should at least call Phoenix about a sign-and-trade for Bledsoe, though it would be a long shot. The Suns have shown little interest in any Bledsoe deal, per sources around the league, and unless Phoenix adores Vonleh, the Hornets don’t appear to have the goods.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/kemba ... extension/

Vonleh would be tremendous. Sigh.

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:Just beat me to it. Let's see what comes out of it. I suspect that they'll sign Bledsoe and auction him off to the highest bidder once he's locked in.

Edit: I'm curious to see how they handle the possibility above. Trade kickers or no-trade deals? I just hope they have enough money left to max Dragic next year.
I think it all depends on how fair the deal is.

Sent using Tapatalk

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

virtual9mm wrote:I suspect that they'll sign Bledsoe and auction him off to the highest bidder once he's locked in.
If only ...

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

INFORMER wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:I suspect that they'll sign Bledsoe and auction him off to the highest bidder once he's locked in.
If only ...
Edit -- for whatever you think that's worth, this is what Traxxe over at RealGM has been saying about the Suns' plans.

Alternatively, I love the idea of a CHA trade with Bledsoe and Vonleh as the principals.

Indy -- fairness is in the eye of the beholder. Isn't that what this brouhaha boils down to?

Indy

Post by Indy »

virtual9mm wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
If only ...
Indy -- fairness is in the eye of the beholder. Isn't that what this brouhaha boils down to?
Absolutely. Sorry for phone post. Meant fair towards Suns. If it is close to what they already offered, they may very well keep him a couple years.

Sent using Tapatalk

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
If only ...
INF, when did you turn into WormWood? :P

Sent using Tapatalk