Suns News: October

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns News: October

Post by carey »

There are only two impending FAs I want to chase hard. Marc Gasol next summer & Joakim Noah in 2 Summers. I think both are elite defensive big men. Noah can also pass the rock like a PG. Either will immediately transform our defense without turning us into a Memphis style plodding team.

I have no idea who to chase via trade that's remotely available that would improve us. I wrote about it at Real GM. Horford maybe? I doubt the cost benefit would be in our favor. You guys got anyone in mind?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

I don't know what it is, but Noah has never really impressed me.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:There are only two impending FAs I want to chase hard. Marc Gasol next summer & Joakim Noah in 2 Summers. I think both are elite defensive big men. Noah can also pass the rock like a PG. Either will immediately transform our defense without turning us into a Memphis style plodding team.

I have no idea who to chase via trade that's remotely available that would improve us. I wrote about it at Real GM. Horford maybe? I doubt the cost benefit would be in our favor. You guys got anyone in mind?
Those two would be my choice as well, but only if we could get them aboard today.

They're not spring chickens by far, both are over 29 years old and Noah is already a lock for 20 missed games every year. Memphis won't give Gasol away with out asking for a King's ransom, and if I'm correct, we are out of cap space for the next summer, so a S&T is a must.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I do not have high hopes for the Lakers' pick, and would prefer it to sold high on it's value. I think that coming december 15th, we should start making some phone calls to see what a package headlined by the pick would net us back. I want GG to stay at the right price, he has earned and I'm a late bloomer Dragic fan (I just converted after that 4th quarter demolition of the Spurs)

So, to me, we could add either of these assets: the Minnesota's pick (or what is left of its value), Tucker, Goodwin, Len, Ennis. Maybe Blesdsoe was signed on a Nene kind of deal, I mean, to flip him over time, instead of losing him today, so throw him in the mix too. Plumlee as well.

Not counting Bledsoe, there is not much to work with. What could we get back with those kind of packages? Is Javalee McGee a gamble worth to be taken if he cost nothing but scraps?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Yeah, Javale McGee!

[youtube][/youtube]

carey

Post by carey »

Oh hell no. McGee must be the weakest mental player in the league. I won't be able to watch that every game.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

Ballstreams still isn't showing tomorrows game on the calendar. They don't even have the Clippers game that is on ESPN next week. Dammit I need high quality streams of all the preseason games!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I contacted ball streams about the lack of Suns preseason games, they said they were having an issue finding a local source that had the games. They also said that it shouldn't be an issue once the regular season starts, so I'll just bear watching the RISE network for my preseason fix.

EDC

Post by EDC »

I sent in a ticket just now about the Rockets and Clippers games since those are on NBATV and ESPN. Hopefully they can add those two since they probably won't be on the RISE network.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Cap wrote:Yeah, Javale McGee!

[youtube][/youtube]
I know!!!

But I do not think we can get Marc Gasol for a Tucker+Ennis+ Randolph package.

And we could start the "Hornacek House of Rebirth" Church if he can get McGee into the court with a straight head above his shoulders.

carey

Post by carey »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:And we could start the "Hornacek House of Rebirth" Church if he can get McGee into the court with a straight head above his shoulders.
It's hard to make an adult person smarter. He can learn what to do in certain situation through repetition which will lead to a decrease in mistakes. Basketball is a game of improvisation, and I just worry that he'll continue to make awful mistakes when it's required he think for himself. I probably sound really harsh, but you've seen the video. He does some really dumb stuff out there, often.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

What does McGee offer that Plumlee doesnt at a fraction of the price?

EDC

Post by EDC »

Got a response from Ballstreams. They said they would add those two games. Which is awesome.

Cap

Post by Cap »

One season with McGee would probably age Hornacek ten years.

TOO

Post by TOO »

So he'd looks as old as McGee does?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:Ballstreams still isn't showing tomorrows game on the calendar. They don't even have the Clippers game that is on ESPN next week. Dammit I need high quality streams of all the preseason games!
It's on NBATV.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

He probably doesn't have NBATV if he's using ballstreams

EDC

Post by EDC »

I cut that cable bill. Paying 130 a month mostly just for sports was a bit much.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:I cut that cable bill. Paying 130 a month mostly just for sports was a bit much.
Alright, cool. Glad they added it for you.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
carey wrote:There are only two impending FAs I want to chase hard. Marc Gasol next summer & Joakim Noah in 2 Summers. I think both are elite defensive big men. Noah can also pass the rock like a PG. Either will immediately transform our defense without turning us into a Memphis style plodding team.

Those two would be my choice as well, but only if we could get them aboard today.

They're not spring chickens by far, both are over 29 years old and Noah is already a lock for 20 missed games every year. Memphis won't give Gasol away with out asking for a King's ransom, and if I'm correct, we are out of cap space for the next summer, so a S&T is a must.
gasol and dragic would make a good pair for any team.