Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Waiving Kaminsky, Diallo and Okobo impacts our ability to improve the roster and only means Sarver saves money. Those contracts could have been used to trade for a rotation player fallen into disgrace. Bah.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They also just take up a roster spot. Perhaps we have free agents in mind already. And we haven’t waived Okobo yet.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kaminsky and Diallo have zero value.

Okobo has next to zero value, otherwise I think he'd have already been dealt. They've just been keeping him for the contract hold to trade, and if they waive him it'll be to free up space for a rotation player.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

As much of a nice guy that Kaminsky is people know he's just not that good of a basketball player and is not worth 5m per year.
For me waiving him is the right thing, and Diallo as well.
Our weakness is the bench and if they can bring in better basketball players to strenthen it then all good.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:30 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:48 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:22 pm
Zach Harper of the Athletic has tidbit about Evan Fournier trying to get traded to the Suns, Clippers or Nuggets in his power rankings piece. I don't have a subscription, but I saw it on the hoopshype rumors.
Interesting, I’ll look it up. We don’t have the contracts to do that though...

Edit: that’s literally all it said
League sources say Evan Fournier is trying to find his way to a team like the Clippers, Suns or Nuggets.
Then he shouldn't have picked up his option.
He wants to get paid 17 million and play for a better team. He’d have to give up 8 million in that scenario.
Of course. He wants his cake and to eat it too.
8 million is a lot of cake.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Forgetting that cake is a trash desert when there are so many other options... If someone has a cake, aren't they expected to eat it?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Cap wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:46 am
ShelC wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:36 am
Houston and GS fans may disagree.
Well, so much for Houston and GS. Looks like Brooklyn will have the most dominant backcourt if Harden is able to hook up with Irving. As Shel pointed out, Portland should also be on the list.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

England Sun wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:22 am
As much of a nice guy that Kaminsky is people know he's just not that good of a basketball player and is not worth 5m per year.
Our weakness is the bench and if they can bring in better basketball players to strenthen it then all good.
Nobody would want Kaminsky's $5m/yr contract, not even as ballast in a trade. It's right to let him go. I am a known critic of Sarver and his cheap-ass moves, but I don't blame him for cutting Kaminsky off and saving the $5m for other purposes.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 am
England Sun wrote:
Nobody would want Kaminsky's $5m/yr contract, not even as ballast in a trade. It's right to let him go. I am a known critic of Sarver and his cheap-ass moves, but I don't blame him for cutting Kaminsky off and saving the $5m for other purposes.
And people said it was my UofA biases when I said I didn't like him and couldn't root for him. :lol:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:55 am
Mori Chu wrote:
England Sun wrote:
And people said it was my UofA biases when I said I didn't like him and couldn't root for him. :lol:
It was! He destroyed your team. Face it! :lol:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 am
carey wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
England Sun wrote:
But he's also not good!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:24 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 am
carey wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
England Sun wrote:
But he's also not good!
What does that say about your college team? :)

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:27 am
INFORMER wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:09 am
In terms of free agent targets:

Tristan Thompson, Chris Boucher, Jordan McLaughlin, Shaquille Harrison, Allonzo Trier, Derrick Jones Jr.
I love how committed INF is to Shaq Harrison. I'd welcome him back, though I think I like Payne better and would try to keep Payne over Harrison first.
Harrison has nothing to do with Payne. Payne is a PG. Harrison is a SG. Harrison would replace Carter, not Payne.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:50 am
carey wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:49 am
Shaq Harrison with a jumper.
Was my other thought
Harrison is more athletic and a better rebounder. But Alexander is the far superior scorer/shooter, or at least has the potential to be.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:55 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:27 am
INFORMER wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:09 am
In terms of free agent targets:

Tristan Thompson, Chris Boucher, Jordan McLaughlin, Shaquille Harrison, Allonzo Trier, Derrick Jones Jr.
I love how committed INF is to Shaq Harrison. I'd welcome him back, though I think I like Payne better and would try to keep Payne over Harrison first.
Harrison has nothing to do with Payne. Payne is a PG. Harrison is a SG. Harrison would replace Carter, not Payne.
Yuck.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Carter has earned his stay. I'd offer BE money, even up to half the MLE (we have his rights, don't need to actually use the MLE).

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 am
Carter has earned his stay. I'd offer BE money, even up to half the MLE (we have his rights, don't need to actually use the MLE).
. Minimum deal please.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’ll get like 2 year 6 million or something. That’s fine.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
. Minimum deal please.
He has shown himself to be worth more than 1.5M.

carey

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 am
specialsauce wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:42 am
Ring_Wanted wrote:
. Minimum deal please.
He has shown himself to be worth more than 1.5M.
Sure, but how much more? He's a 6'1" PG with no real PG skills. He can defend some & shoot it quite well from deep. How much is that worth?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!