Game Day: Grizzlies (4-0) @ Suns (3-1), Wed 11/05/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day: Grizzlies (4-0) @ Suns (3-1), Wed 11/05/14

Post by TOO »

Sounds like I'm missing the typical Suns suckfest vs the Grizz. Welp.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Bledsoe's 9 turnovers and Goran's 3 of 9 for 6 points just killed them tonight.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Just 1 game but Goran is in quite a shit slump roght now. We seriously need to talk him out of playing summer ball. Coulda swore we had another Dragic.

We also got a little out coached tonight it seemed. Hornacek didnt make any adjustments.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I don't think anyone looked good tonight Except Kieff and Tucker.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Sarver needs to ban Dragic from all national team play as long as he's here - otherwise, who the fuck needs him here when he plays like dogshit?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

carey wrote:Every jumper that isn't taken by Markieff has been short. I don't mind losing to these guys. They are playing .740 basketball since Gasol returned last year. That is, I believe, the best in the league over that stretch. They are no joke.
Memphis is a better team than the Suns. They're disciplined, they play excellent defense, and they have a great interior game offensively. Plus, tonight they were great from the perimeter.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SwingMan wrote:Sarver needs to ban Dragic from all national team play as long as he's here - otherwise, who the fuck needs him here when he plays like dogshit?
He better not get a max from us, that's for damn sure.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I don't think anyone looked good tonight Except Kieff and Tucker.
Bled looked alright, his turnovers killed us in the 3rd though..

Cap

Post by Cap »

SwingMan wrote:Sarver needs to ban Dragic from all national team play as long as he's here - otherwise, who the fuck needs him here when he plays like dogshit?
Yeah, too much basketball, that's the problem. Good thing we didn't make the playoffs, then he'd be even worse. Let's make sure we miss them again so everybody can rest.

SDC

Post by SDC »

the suns are probably going to lose to GSW because steve kerr knows this team and the org.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:
Yeah, too much basketball, that's the problem. Good thing we didn't make the playoffs, then he'd be even worse. Let's make sure we miss them again so everybody can rest.
easy way to solve the dragic problem is to just trade him to the spurs. i hear ginobili is retiring soon.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Cap wrote:
So - you're saying he useful when he's useless?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Marc Gasol would look so good in a suns uniform next yr
No cap room. So just enjoy the Morris Twins and #wewriteouronchapter.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

da_suns_fan wrote:I dont know why Hornaceck has stuck with Len so long. Hes not stopping anything at the rim, not blocking shots, not catching passes etc.

Why not go with both Morrii rather than play that stiff?

Im seriously unimpressed with his lineup combinations.
There's not really a better alternative than Len. Go to the Morrii? Against Memphis's frontline? That's not going to cut it.

Getting Len minutes is never a bad thing. You gotta develop him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The Bobster wrote:The offense has been terrible - much of the credit goes to Memphis of course - but there's to much standing around on the perimeter and watching.
Channing Frye wrote:Ha!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Cap wrote:
This is actually a really good point. The time he spent with the national team wasn't even as extensive as what players put in when their team advances far into the playoffs.

I'm not sure the reason for Dragic's struggles are entirely a byproduct of his international play.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:
He better not get a max from us, that's for damn sure.
We love giving up on Dragic too soon.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

INFORMER wrote:I'm not sure the reason for Dragic's struggles are entirely a byproduct of his international play.
It's not. Fatigue is not the only reason, and it's debatable if it's even the biggest factor.

The roster is different. It has experimented two big changes, and both affect Dragic directly. There is one more dominant playmaker and one less option to play a two man game.

He'll need to get his legs back to make long distance shots but above all he'll need to adjust to the new product on the floor.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Marc Gasol would look so good in a suns uniform next yr
No cap room. So just enjoy the Morris Twins and #wewriteouronchapter.
Yeah, because Marc Gasol and the likes are eager to play for the Phoenix Suns while leaving money from their original teams on the table. Sure.

Anyway, I am starting to have an issue with the roster configuration. Not because the Morrii were extended, but because the Suns prescinded of one key piece when they were already spending, or planning to do so, to the point of essentially not being able to just sign a major FA without further roster juggling.

IT3's contract is great (and I believe he was not on the plan until the opportunity presented itself), although as we are seeing it implies a major change to the system and rotations.

My issue is letting go without replacement one player who provided something we used extensively, and what I don't like is that the Suns went with sort of a middle of the road approach.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We had 2 point guards...signed a third....and then drafted one

We resigned our 2 small forwards.....and then drafted one

Meanwhile we let Frye leave at our biggest position(s) of need and replaced him with Tolliver.

And the Suns management would be surprised if this group struggled?