Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
jonh

Re: Suns News: Playoffs Edition

Post by jonh »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:56 pm
I told my wife Booker made the Olympic team. I thought she would like it. She didn’t. She was a Gymnast on the National team for five years and doesn’t think professionals should be allowed in the Olympics. We had a debate and I decided to let it go.
If this is just an excuse to let us know your wife was a gymnast on the national team, I’m in. Feel free to send additional visual evidence to convince the rest of the guys here.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, let’s definitely not force anything to Ayton. We’ve tried that before and it doesn’t work. Let’s just stick to our game plan. Defensively, we just mostly need to guard the three point line.That’s the shot they want. The reason they shot such a high percentage tonight was because they mostly wide open. Utah wasn’t guarding them at the three point line.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

jonh wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 am
Nodack wrote:
I told my wife Booker made the Olympic team. I thought she would like it. She didn’t. She was a Gymnast on the National team for five years and doesn’t think professionals should be allowed in the Olympics. We had a debate and I decided to let it go.
If this is just an excuse to let us know your wife was a gymnast on the national team, I’m in. Feel free to send additional visual evidence to convince the rest of the guys here.
I wasn’t aware that there were so many professional gymnasts and that they were crashing the Olympic teams.

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

You mentioned that she was a big time gymnast when we met like...20 years ago? I can see why she was unhappy, I was about two tiers down from the national team in a club sport about two years ago and the people who were more or less pros just had much better connections, etc.

How are you feeling today?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'm a big karma guy. So this sets up perfectly...

CP3 having to go through the Clippers?
The suns having to beat not 1, but both Morris who are the poster boys for their darkest days?

When the playoffs came out I told my girl, if we do this it's only fitting that we'll have to beat both Morris twins after
all the stuff they've said about us. The suns going to the finals before Marcus Morris does would be a massive F U
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

Team should be giving an update on Chris Paul today. Any news yet?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

jonh wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 am
Nodack wrote:
Ok, I am really proud of her gymnastics career and maybe that was a shameless plug. She is much older now. I didn’t find anything from the friendship games on Youtube. There is a cartoon called friendship games that dominates that search. Here is a clip I found from the 1982 US Championships.

Then she went to Utah for College and they were National champs every year and she was an 8 time All American.

Here is the listing of National team members since 1982. Apparently we didn’t have gymnastics before 1982 or they just decided that was the cutoff for displaying their names on the site.

https://usagym.org/pages/women/history/ ... ms_sr.html

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Very cool, 'Dack!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:24 am
40 minutes!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cam Payne going for 30

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If Paul is out game 1 I think I would start Moore and let Payne continue in his role so we don’t disrupt the space time continuum.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:26 am
You mentioned that she was a big time gymnast when we met like...20 years ago? I can see why she was unhappy, I was about two tiers down from the national team in a club sport about two years ago and the people who were more or less pros just had much better connections, etc.

How are you feeling today?
I am feeling a lot better than I thought I would at this stage of the game. They did a new nerve blocker thing at my foot long scar site they said similar to what they use on pregnant women. I have felt zero pain from the scar. Pretty amazing the things they do nowadays.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Silver lining is that he hasn't been ruled out yet but not getting my hopes up. The team will be prepared either way and having the week to practice and gameplan was big.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:57 am
If Paul is out game 1 I think I would start Moore and let Payne continue in his role so we don’t disrupt the space time continuum.
I haven't seen Monty do that though. I'm thinking Payne will start and Moore will back him up.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:10 pm
Silver lining is that he hasn't been ruled out yet but not getting my hopes up. The team will be prepared either way and having the week to practice and gameplan was big.
It would be cool if it was a chess move to keep the Clips on their toes and he actually did play. Or, stay with me here, he comes out at half time Willis Reed style and plays the 2nd half! :D

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Paul didn’t have the week to practice.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Cap wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:16 pm
ShelC wrote:
Paul didn’t have the week to practice.
Not touching a basketball for a week is probably a good thing for Paul.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.