Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Suns @ Clippers Game 4, Sat June 26

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Charlie Smithy!

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition - WCF Suns @ Clippers Game 4, Sat June 26

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I still feel like (at times) we need to go to Ayton more exclusively- especially in games like tonight.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They always forget about him after the first quarter.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

One of these days he is going to have a monster offensive game and just dominate some team. It may not be this year but, it’s coming.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ayton played a great game, but listen to yourselves.

Do you really trust him to catch the ball, make a move, and score in a late game situation? Unless it's a quick move, he's just not composed enough to go one-on-one in crunch time.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Did anyone else think Bridges didn’t even foul PG in that late game situation when he poked the ball out? He got some body, but he got all ball first, don’t they often let contact go after you get all ball?

Of course I’ll live with it as he got away with fouling Mann on the previous possession.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

1 GAME AWAY

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He has more success on some plays more than others. Lobs have turned into his most proficient move. Going to the basket and catching and finishing he is pretty good too. Trying to throw the ball to him in the post is a 50/50 proposition at best. If he catches it they probably steal it from him.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t know about those +, - things so much but, their entire starting unit was in the negative and none of the Suns starters were in the negative.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

virtual9mm wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:57 pm
We gotta close this team out on Monday. Honestly worried about an injury the way the Clips are hacking our guys with no repercussions.
League office has to do something. And if they don't, James Jones needs to make some kind of statement and get fined.
I am sorry for the rant, but ...

Refereeing has been brutal those last 2 games. One-sided. Inconsistent. Unreal.

A) Physicality

This type of physicality is not good for the players, not good for the game and definitely not good for the score.

B) Consistency

Not only Suns fans but basketball fans in general will usually not enjoy watching this type of one-sided officiating. Even SVG has trouble containing his opinion on the issue.

C) Objection

I was close to writing an open letter to the league office after game 1 but English not being my first language there are probably people more qualified than me. Somebody needs to say something. Maybe James Jones should make use of his reputation and think of something to put out there.

D) NBA as a product

Everybody knows that the NBA wants close games but it should not be so obvious. Adam Silver should understand that people who care about the sport do not want to suffer through Mark Jackson justifying all these inconsistent calls to keep the score close, just to keep his job.

Everybody wants good and consistent officiating, no matter what team they are rooting for. This is BS and it sucks to watch. Even for casual fans.

Not gonna lie, I am super happy we got the W!

Please close it out on Monday. The Clippers are not done and dangerous in every sense of the word.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We come back to Phoenix up 3/1. Maybe we get some home cooking now.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:51 pm
I wasn’t sure if I was watching a basketball game or a hockey game that last quarter. We won and are up 3/1, so screw everything else.

FINISH THEM!
Absolutely. We’re one win from the finals, so f&@k aesthetics, f*#k how we did it, f*^k who’s missing for other teams, f$&k the refs, f#*k the Clippers and everyone else. All that matters right now is the score, and we won this one and need to do that one more time to have a shot at our first title. Let’s go get it!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I love this team.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mike Breen was hilarious when he said “Kawhi Leonard going crazy!” while showing him emotionless in his suite.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That was funny.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:01 pm
Ayton played a great game, but listen to yourselves.

Do you really trust him to catch the ball, make a move, and score in a late game situation? Unless it's a quick move, he's just not composed enough to go one-on-one in crunch time.
Do I trust him more than Booker tonight? Yes. More than Paul the way he was shooting? Yes. They just need to stop throwing bounce passes to him when they do pass it to him. Throw it up high and let him catch it. Or set up some lobs for him when we couldn't buy a basket. Monty had them do it once in the 4th out of a timeout, but he should have had them do it multiple times.
Last edited by JeremyG on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I do wonder if the nba sees this game and says, ya we can’t have these games dropping into the 80’s, and tells the refs to call things tight in game 5. Make both teams lay off a bit with the physical defense and open up the game a bit. Think that would benefit us more than LA

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I haven't read the thread since like an hour before tip

I decided to watch the last quarter at work so now heading home. Just gotta say before I actually go and watch back the game....

I'm very Happy we Won but.....
Oh man I hated how we played the 4th

I'm really Happy we Won but.....
Kept shaking my head that Monty was gonna play CP the whole 4th quarter, really was ready for it to collapse at the end with him being gassed but hey we survived

I'm very Happy, believe me but....
Monty also lost me by having Book mark Jackson when he had 4 fouls especially with Beverly on the court. I didn't have on the audio but was confused, Book quickly got his 5th and then Jackson scored next possession

Don't mind me, I am still Happy 8-) :lol:
I didn't enjoy our two star guards just taking turns and not letting anyone else get a shot. CP3 was trying but everything was short, Book forced a couple then fittingly ending in a charging foul.

Always better to have a Win through these growing pains games. Guys were resilient tho 💪👍
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Beverley should have gotten a flagrant for throwing Booker to the floor. He already broke his nose for goodness sakes. And then George could have seriously injured CP3 at the end, stepping on his shoe/ankle/achilles on purpose. He should be suspended for game 5 if the league cares about its players' health at all.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.