Game Day: Suns (5-5) @ Celtics (3-5), Mon 11/17/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Game Day: Suns (5-5) @ Celtics (3-5), Mon 11/17/14

Post by INFORMER »

jkalldaway wrote:Okay, well the Green/Plumlee deal definitely qualifies as a rabbit in the hat.
Not really. That was fair value for Scola, even in hindsight. It looks so lopsided because Scola went to a team with a poor offensive system, and Green went to a coach that got the most out of him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

INFORMER wrote:
jkalldaway wrote:Okay, well the Green/Plumlee deal definitely qualifies as a rabbit in the hat.
Not really. That was fair value for Scola, even in hindsight. It looks so lopsided because Scola went to a team with a poor offensive system, and Green went to a coach that got the most out of him.
Fair value then, maybe. Today, rights to Bogdanovic are probably the most valuable thing in the whole package. We turned short-term value into long-term value. It was more than I expected to get out of Scola.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SwingMan wrote:Just as I thought - you'll relentlessly down others' takes, yet, when pointedly asked for your own, you stiff.
Relentless? That's a bit of a hyperbole. You've posted that same scenario before, and my opinion of it hasn't changed. I'm sorry if that bothers you. In this particular case, I wasn't even responding to you directly. Another poster questioned the deal and I responded to that poster. It's not like I told you to stop posting that suggestion.

As far as not supplying a trade scenario on demand, I'm not really inclined to when the poster is being needlessly hostile or contentious. If you're yearning to hear voice a trade idea, just hop over to the other thread where OE, myself, and Shel discussed potential Bledsoe destinations at length.
SwingMan wrote:Thank you for making my point - carry on with the eye-rolls, cheerio-pissing and one-word responses. :lol:
Throughout this entire exchange, I have not once given you a one-word response or an eye-roll. So this comment seems unwarranted at best. As far as "cheerio-pissing" goes, if that's your elegant way of saying I didn't agree with an idea you had, then so be it.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:LEN-SANITY!!
Nice. :D

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote: Of course. It wasn't just about staying healthy for Robot though. It was also about him being anything more than a stiff
True.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

INFORMER wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:LEN-SANITY!!
Nice. :D
I agree. In fact I give that Len out of 10

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:
SwingMan wrote:Thank you for making my point - carry on with the eye-rolls, cheerio-pissing and one-word responses. :lol:
Throughout this entire exchange, I have not once given you a one-word response or an eye-roll. So this comment seems unwarranted at best. As far as "cheerio-pissing" goes, if that's your elegant way of saying I didn't agree with an idea you had, then so be it.
No - just talking about your attitude & approach to others (not just myself) when discussing scenarios and the like. I don't care whether you agree with me or not, personally.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:Also, I've done what I promised. I've been a better & nicer poster refraining from personal attacks. You can see who hasn't even tho that person swore he'd be different if given his privileges back.
Yeah - trying to jump into a conversation and pile on like a little bitch after the fact because you have something personal against me. Yeah, that's "better", alright. :lol:

Quit trying to stand, carey - you've got no legs.

Indy

Post by Indy »

SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:Also, I've done what I promised. I've been a better & nicer poster refraining from personal attacks. You can see who hasn't even tho that person swore he'd be different if given his privileges back.
Yeah - trying to jump into a conversation and pile on like a little bitch after the fact because you have something personal against me. Yeah, that's "better", alright. :lol:

Really Swing? If ever SMH should be used it is here.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SwingMan wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
No - just talking about your attitude & approach to others (not just myself) when discussing scenarios and the like.
In others words you're reaching for whatever ammo you can muster to fuel your hostility because you read something you didn't like.

So you can dismiss how I have conversed with you in this instance and you can choose to ignore my discussion with OE and Shel regarding various scenarios, a discussion devoid of any of the behavior you cite, because it is self-serving to your contentiousness and sweeping, inaccurate generalizations. The alternative is to downgrade from DEFCON 1 and deal with things as they have been presented and handled right here and right now.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
No - just talking about your attitude & approach to others (not just myself) when discussing scenarios and the like.
In others words you're reaching for whatever ammo you can muster to fuel your hostility because you read something you didn't like.

So you can dismiss how I have conversed with you in this instance and you can choose to ignore my discussion with OE and Shel regarding various scenarios, a discussion devoid of any of the behavior you cite, because it is self-serving to your contentiousness and sweeping, inaccurate generalizations. The alternative is to downgrade from DEFCON 1 and deal with things as they have been presented and handled right here and right now.
Oh, in this instance you've been detailed - but, you refuse to acknowledge that what I'm talking about pertains to what's happened outside of this particular discussion because, if you did, you'd have to acknowledge that, yeah, you too rub people the wrong way with responses and attitude I've mentioned.

See, you're trying to pick gnat shit out of pepper and I'm not letting you - that's what you're upset about. But, whatever - I tried to move on earlier today and others keep dragging it back to this point for rehashing. Whatever. :lol:

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

Really Swing? If ever SMH should be used it is here.
What the hell are you talking about, Indy?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Swingman wrote:See, you're trying to pick gnat shit out of pepper and I'm not letting you - that's what you're upset about.
How did this become about me being upset? Where/when did I express anything to suggest I'm upset? And talking about the conversation we're currently having is "picking gnat sh!t"?
SwingMan wrote: Oh, in this instance you've been detailed - but, you refuse to acknowledge that what I'm talking about pertains to what's happened outside of this particular discussion because, if you did, you'd have to acknowledge that, yeah, you too rub people the wrong way with responses and attitude I've mentioned.
That's just it Swing: why am I on trial here? What compels you to have this random review of my posting infractions, none of which have occurred during this current exchange I've had with you?

I say Atlanta wouldn't be interested in your proposed deal and I expressed bewilderment as to why you keep pushing it. Obviously that offended you. Wouldn't it have been better just to say you found that comment offensive and explain why or ask me why I said what I said?

But instead you launch into belligerent mode, demanding things of me and commencing with the aforementioned arraignment. So my point, I guess, is not to play the victim but to ask: Is this all really necessary?

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:
Swingman wrote:See, you're trying to pick gnat shit out of pepper and I'm not letting you - that's what you're upset about.
How did this become about me being upset? Where/when did I express anything to suggest I'm upset? And talking about the conversation we're currently having is "picking gnat sh!t"?
SwingMan wrote: Oh, in this instance you've been detailed - but, you refuse to acknowledge that what I'm talking about pertains to what's happened outside of this particular discussion because, if you did, you'd have to acknowledge that, yeah, you too rub people the wrong way with responses and attitude I've mentioned.
That's just it Swing: why am I on trial here? What compels you to have this random review of my posting infractions, none of which have occurred during this current exchange I've had with you?

I say Atlanta wouldn't be interested in your proposed deal and I expressed bewilderment as to why you keep pushing it. Obviously that offended you. Wouldn't it have been better just to say you found that comment offensive and explain why or ask me why I said what I said?

But instead you launch into belligerent mode, demanding things of me and commencing with the aforementioned arraignment. So my point, I guess, is not to play the victim but to ask: Is this all really necessary?
Where have I been "belligerent" in any of this? I think you're taking it a little too personally, if that's the case. At least I haven't purposely misquoted you. ;) If you weren't upset, why would you be making such a deal about it as opposed to taking some consideration?

It's true, though - more often than not, you offer up one-sided takes stating "well, that just won't work" or " :roll: " without offering up an explanation, almost arbitrarily pissing on someone else's take because it doesn't jive with your own and it's been going on for many years. Hardly a way to foster discussion, IMO.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What do you guys hope to accomplish with this public conversation? Can you guys take it to PM? Let's move forward. Unlike SS, I'm bored of it. At least you guys are being civil but I just don't think it's of any interest to others.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:What do you guys hope to accomplish with this public conversation? Can you guys take it to PM? Let's move forward. Unlike SS, I'm bored of it. At least you guys are being civil but I just don't think it's of any interest to others.
I agree - I tried to move on earlier today, but others chose to sit & rehash.

I'd rather talk about how the hell Atlanta could sit there, let the Lakers waltz right in & beat 'em in their own house.....

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SwingMan wrote: Where have I been "belligerent" in any of this?
You talk about posting in a way that encourages discussion; this isn't it:
Things seem to be in such dire straights, how's about you sacking up and giving the rest of us something to shoot down?
Uh-uh, INF - quit back-pedaling and deflecting. The bullshit stops.
Thank you for making my point - carry on with the eye-rolls, cheerio-pissing and one-word responses. :lol:

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:
SwingMan wrote: Where have I been "belligerent" in any of this?
You talk about posting in a way that encourages discussion; this isn't it:
Things seem to be in such dire straights, how's about you sacking up and giving the rest of us something to shoot down?
Uh-uh, INF - quit back-pedaling and deflecting. The bullshit stops.
Thank you for making my point - carry on with the eye-rolls, cheerio-pissing and one-word responses. :lol:
So, again - where have I been "belligerent"?

Look - I realize that it was a mistake to even bring the point up. You're not going to change and it's an exercise in futility for anyone to ask you to do so.

Whatever - I was through with this bullshit earlier today. If you care to further rehash it, kindly do so without me.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

You're right Swing. I was wrong to say Atlanta wouldn't accept that deal. When you demanded a scenario from me, I should have complied. Telling me to sack up, using obscenities, and bringing infractions external to our exchange were inviting and productive attempts on your part to discuss basketball topics. I foolishly rebuffed those attempts and continued to stubbornly seek clarity as to why our exchange was progressing in such a manner.

Moreover, you afforded me an excellent opportunity to revisit past complaints made about my posting, confess to my toxic behavior, and presumably make reparations. Such revisiting was timely, relevant, and justified. Unfortunately, I did not take advantage of said opportunity. So for that too, I convey my sincerest regrets.

Superbone, you are right. I thought I was handling the situation appropriately but in actuality was making it more toxic, subsequently ruining the thread and your forum experience. swing, you were in exemplary in trying to move on from the mess I made, but I persisted. In the future, I will try to follow your lead and post with sensitivity, encouragement, reason, and an open mind.

My apologies to all.