Game Day: Suns (5-5) @ Celtics (3-5), Mon 11/17/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SwingMan

Re: Game Day: Suns (5-5) @ Celtics (3-5), Mon 11/17/14

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:You're right Swing. I was wrong to say Atlanta wouldn't accept that deal. When you demanded a scenario from me, I should have complied. Telling me to sack up, using obscenities, and bringing infractions external to our exchange were inviting and productive attempts on your part to discuss basketball topics. I foolishly rebuffed those attempts and continued to stubbornly seek clarity as to why our exchange was progressing in such a manner.

Moreover, you afforded me an excellent opportunity to revisit past complaints made about my posting, confess to my toxic behavior, and presumably make reparations. Such revisiting was timely, relevant, and justified. Unfortunately, I did not take advantage of said opportunity. So for that too, I convey my sincerest regrets.

Superbone, you are right. I thought I was handling the situation appropriately but in actuality was making it more toxic, subsequently ruining the thread and your forum experience. swing, you were in exemplary in trying to move on from the mess I made, but I persisted. In the future, I will try to follow your lead and post with sensitivity, encouragement, reason, and an open mind.

My apologies to all.
Apology accepted.

And keep up the snark, by all means - it helps your cause immensely.....

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:You're right Swing. I was wrong to say Atlanta wouldn't accept that deal. When you demanded a scenario from me, I should have complied. Telling me to sack up, using obscenities, and bringing infractions external to our exchange were inviting and productive attempts on your part to discuss basketball topics. I foolishly rebuffed those attempts and continued to stubbornly seek clarity as to why our exchange was progressing in such a manner.

Moreover, you afforded me an excellent opportunity to revisit past complaints made about my posting, confess to my toxic behavior, and presumably make reparations. Such revisiting was timely, relevant, and justified. Unfortunately, I did not take advantage of said opportunity. So for that too, I convey my sincerest regrets.

Superbone, you are right. I thought I was handling the situation appropriately but in actuality was making it more toxic, subsequently ruining the thread and your forum experience. swing, you were in exemplary in trying to move on from the mess I made, but I persisted. In the future, I will try to follow your lead and post with sensitivity, encouragement, reason, and an open mind.

My apologies to all.
INF going deep, no lube. LMAO.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
My apologies to all.
I'm not sure why you apologized for your behavior. You didn't result to name calling, profanity, or even rudeness.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Six pages and still going on?

It is summer already?

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Six pages and still going on?

It is summer already?
Six pages? I have been looking all over to get the "40 posts per page" set. Where is that? This thread is 21 pages for me....

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just went into the board settings and raised the "posts per page" from 10 to 20. It gets annoying to click "Next" so often. I would turn it higher but I think it could slow the board down under traffic.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In terms of this thread, which has gotten a little snippy: Let's not forget that anybody can put anybody else on Ignore if they don't want to hear the messages of a particular poster. And disagreements between two people can always be taken to PM if necessary rather than putting it in an existing thread.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:In terms of this thread, which has gotten a little snippy: Let's not forget that anybody can put anybody else on Ignore if they don't want to hear the messages of a particular poster. And disagreements between two people can always be taken to PM if necessary rather than putting it in an existing thread.
I wish. I keep trying to put you on ignore Mori, but it won't let me since you are a mod. Damn you!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:I just went into the board settings and raised the "posts per page" from 10 to 20. It gets annoying to click "Next" so often. I would turn it higher but I think it could slow the board down under traffic.
Thank God for small favors. ;)

Yeah, it does get a bit tiresome when you've got a lengthy game thread and you're trying to catch up during the action - thanks, guy.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:In terms of this thread, which has gotten a little snippy: Let's not forget that anybody can put anybody else on Ignore if they don't want to hear the messages of a particular poster. And disagreements between two people can always be taken to PM if necessary rather than putting it in an existing thread.
For the record and the 4th time, I'm through - no more on the subject from me.

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:I just went into the board settings and raised the "posts per page" from 10 to 20. It gets annoying to click "Next" so often. I would turn it higher but I think it could slow the board down under traffic.
I am surprised any board software these days doesn't allow it to be end-user configurable.
But when it comes to posts per page, 20 is twice as good as 10, so thank you, Mori.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I could swear the last board had an option in user settings.

Cap

Post by Cap »

On the subject of customization, can you change the style of links? The purple text doesn't offer much visual contrast with the surrounding black text. Underlining, bolding, or a brighter color would make the links more visible.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:On the subject of customization, can you change the style of links? The purple text doesn't offer much visual contrast with the surrounding black text. Underlining, bolding, or a brighter color would make the links more visible.
Maybe you could put a link in your post as an example. ...Oh, wait. You did. Couldn't see it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

azsportsfan wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Six pages and still going on?

It is summer already?
Six pages? I have been looking all over to get the "40 posts per page" set. Where is that? This thread is 21 pages for me....
I was referring to the friendly exchange between Swingman and Informer, I even lost track of the main topic.

And by the way, thanks a lot for the increased posts per page.

Robot

Post by Robot »

People -

I've been out of the loop but I have noticed the Alex Lensposion ! I'm just here acknowledging that - let us hope it continues. I heard McD is looking to package Len , Plumlee and 2 picks for Brandon Knight ?

- R

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Robot wrote:People -

I've been out of the loop but I have noticed the Alex Lensposion ! I'm just here acknowledging that - let us hope it continues. I heard McD is looking to package Len , Plumlee and 2 picks for Brandon Knight ?

- R
No, that package is for Hasheem Thabeet. Then the Suns theme could be "Thabeet goes on ..." :lol:
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:
Robot wrote:People -

- R
No, that package is for Hasheem Thabeet. Then the Suns theme could be "Thabeet goes on ..." :lol:
Great. Now someone else I have to put on ignore!