Suns News: Week 17 (2/7 - 2/13)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Suns News: Week 17 (2/7 - 2/13)

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh ho
Interesting, didn't know this was possible for guys in his age group lol :|

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:47 am
Doolie injury stuff was a little strange but he for sure lost his spot during the course of the season
I want to let Saucey know that I find it to be in bad taste that he not acknowledge Nader's departure 🤦🏾‍♂️
You missed it, he celebrated it somewhere haha

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Smh lol
Guess I have to actually turn on ESPN and watch the playback

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Hmmm

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/ ... lly-notice
The Pacers and Phoenix Suns had brief dialogue around Sabonis and Deandre Ayton, multiple sources say. It did not get far, sources say, and may have been mostly informal and broadly exploratory -- and aimed at the future rather than anything now. No formal offer was ever made by either side. The Kings coming with Haliburton rendered everything else moot for the Pacers. The Suns not immediately hanging up the phone and tossing it out a high-story window at the prospect of shaking anything up -- even in the offseason -- is notable, though.

There was an interesting *theoretical* road map to a sign-and-trade in the offseason. Sabonis is due $18.5 million next season and $19.4 million in 2023-24. What will Ayton earn this summer as a restricted free agent? The Suns have functioned fine -- in the regular-season, mind you -- with Ayton injured. Sabonis is a more accomplished player than Ayton, but Ayton is a better fit for how the Suns play and what they need on both ends. Phoenix has incredible chemistry, and their two-way efficiency machine is running away with the league's best record.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I don't watch the networks but guess they finally got around to having some Suns content

The odds thing is funny tho

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:28 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:15 am
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:57 am
What was it? Now unavailable.
Still there for me, but it’s a tweet showing the teams with the best records/point differential against the top 10 teams in point differential.

We are 12-5 with a +4.9 differential

Golden state is 11-7 with a +2.6 differential
Memphis is 10-8 with a -2.0 differential

All other teams are .500 or worse. Utah actually has the next best differential at +2.8.

Cleveland and Boston at +2.3, Atlanta at +.2. Everyone else has a negative differential.
Thanks. Apparently all of twitter was down at the time. When I got to Shel's post, none of them were available. All are back now for me.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:32 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Doolie injury stuff was a little strange but he for sure lost his spot during the course of the season
I want to let Saucey know that I find it to be in bad taste that he not acknowledge Nader's departure 🤦🏾‍♂️
Yeah, he acknowledged it alright. In a cruel way. :cry:

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:08 pm
Hmmm

The Pacers and Phoenix Suns had brief dialogue around Sabonis and Deandre Ayton, multiple sources say. It did not get far, sources say, and may have been mostly informal and broadly exploratory -- and aimed at the future rather than anything now. No formal offer was ever made by either side. The Kings coming with Haliburton rendered everything else moot for the Pacers. The Suns not immediately hanging up the phone and tossing it out a high-story window at the prospect of shaking anything up -- even in the offseason -- is notable, though.

There was an interesting *theoretical* road map to a sign-and-trade in the offseason. Sabonis is due $18.5 million next season and $19.4 million in 2023-24. What will Ayton earn this summer as a restricted free agent? The Suns have functioned fine -- in the regular-season, mind you -- with Ayton injured. Sabonis is a more accomplished player than Ayton, but Ayton is a better fit for how the Suns play and what they need on both ends. Phoenix has incredible chemistry, and their two-way efficiency machine is running away with the league's best record.
I don’t want to get ahead of ourselves because I love this team and am loving this season, but this could be an interesting off season for us. I think we’re set up with a lot of options.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:28 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Hmmm

I don’t want to get ahead of ourselves because I love this team and am loving this season, but this could be an interesting off season for us. I think we’re set up with a lot of options.
I still have doubts the Suns wouldn't match any offer for Ayton. At worst, they'd put together a sign and trade if Ayton pulled the Joe Johnson routine, but I'm also skeptical of that. Ayton appears to be very much one of The Fellas.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:02 pm
Smh lol

I just caught it. Pretty good 5 minutes with The Twins.

They talked about going to the game, so hopefully they're not overlooking the Magic on Saturday. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:02 pm
Smh lol

Anyone catch this? Video anywhere?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yes, please post! Post haste.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:21 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:32 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Yeah, he acknowledged it alright. In a cruel way. :cry:
Haha 😛

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

A set of big kids

Maaan, what the fellas really be getting on with 🤦🏾‍♂️😂
Ayton has the staff speechless

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Oh ho 8-)

3rdside

Suns News: Week 17 (2/7 - 2/13)

Post by 3rdside »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Split T wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:28 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Hmmm

I still have doubts the Suns wouldn't match any offer for Ayton. At worst, they'd put together a sign and trade if Ayton pulled the Joe Johnson routine, but I'm also skeptical of that. Ayton appears to be very much one of The Fellas.

It’ll come down to how much Ayton wants to maximise his pay day - on the suns he’s not a max player, but could probably be a max or near max player elsewhere.

Sabonis is almost the perfect comparison - same height, better stats but will be on just a bit more than *half* of what Ayton stands to make next year if he’s maxxed .. i know it’s not likely after the Sac trade but if I’m the suns I’d want Sabonis all day at that price.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Sorry, but no thanks to Sabonis.

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

Racist!

Dude’s averaging 24, 15, 5 / 36 @ 22.2 PER

DA is 20, 13, 2 / 36 @ 22.5 PER

You don’t pay double for player number 2.