'21-'22 NBA Playoffs Games/Series

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: '21-'22 NBA Playoffs Games/Series

Post by specialsauce »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:43 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:06 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:19 am
Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:57 am
I wouldn't expect anything different from a Pat Bev led team.
It sure was sweet to see Pat Bev booted out of the playoffs after just one round. Have a great summer, Beverley!
Guys like Beverley, overcome his lack of almost everything and survive on the league by playing all out with a huge chip on their shoulders. They feel overlooked by the opponent, specially the stars and try to “show them”, so coaches usually use them to pest a key opponent player out of their comfort zone.

But once they found some success, even referees bail them out with deep BS, because we all like to root for the little guy. At this point, they start to believe they are a truly important player, and start doing things out of their range, like deep threes and crazy drives to the basket. What was unexpected becomes gold for the opponent, who will always prefer Beverley having the ball instead of Edwards. We had Tucker following that path a few years ago, going heroball, remember?

For all the noise Alvarado got, he still was a net negative on game six. The perfect game by Paul dropped premature comments about him being a Paul stopper, and that “he now knows my name” declaration sum it all up. Poor guy wants to be recognized, but guess what, you are one of perhaps 200 guys on Paul’s career trying to make him look bad, but he will forget your name long before next Monday, and the Dallas series tip off. Everybody on the Suns skipped saluting Alvarado, because he didn’t earn any respect, he played dirty and as soon as the referees started calling it fair, he had nothing else to show.

A Beverley led team, it’s doomed to follow collectively the very same arc of overachieving, surprising people, overplay his hand, forcing heroic moments that really were dumb choices, then finally, falling way short, defeated and bait by teams playing smart instead of “passionate”

As simple as telling them “yeah, lucky shot, I bet you can’t hit two threes in a row”. They will step out of the game plan, just to show you. Would not be surprised if something like this happened to KAT, an All Star dwarfed into a big Beverley.
Incredibly insightful post, thank you.
Avocado played hard and was annoying and full of himself, but he wasn’t dirty.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Celts got roughed up by the Bucks.

Celtics hype is so funny to me, so many in the media dick ride them so hard and are so quick to call them title favorites above everyone. I get it, they’re fantastic defensive team, but we haven’t seen them play a team that could challenge them defensively and take advantage of their lack of size.

Enter Milwaukee.

Not counting the Celtics out at all because Middleton is a big loss for the Bucks, just thought it was so silly to see so many act like the Bucks had no chance, or it would be a quick series. They still have Giannis and Jrue! Plus the Bucks are great defensively as well.

Absolutely believe the Celtics are title contenders but they were always behind Suns, Warriors, Bucks and the Heat for me but that’s just me.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I hope we’ve got a good game-plan for Giannis. We’ve had 11 months to prepare.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Dray gets a flagrant 2 just before halftime for the slap and jersey pull, then acts like a clown after he's ejected.

pagielak

Post by pagielak »

It's still a mystery to me that the refs don't eject him every other game. I mean, he is constantly japping and complaining, if it was anyone else, that in itself would warrant an ejection.

Glad he is out, stupid behavior.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That deserved an ejection. Grabbing his jersey and pulling him to the ground was just dumb.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Warriors getting away with playing Wiggins at Center for most of the 4th quarter is crazy.

And the Grizzlies probably just realized they're not playing the air headed Wolves in the clutch anymore.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

GS giving MEM every opportunity to win it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

No kidding. I almost spoke too soon. How does Klay miss two free throws like that?

Did the NBA take out the automatic review rule? The offensive rebound was pretty clearly off of Brooks.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

What a missed opportunity for Memphis. They are probably just not ready for the moment, but a tremendous future.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That Warriors win feels very similar to the Boston win over the Nets in Game 1. Not saying the Warriors will sweep like the Celtics, but the Grizzlies had all the breaks to win and let it get away.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:33 pm
No kidding. I almost spoke too soon. How does Klay miss two free throws like that?

Did the NBA take out the automatic review rule? The offensive rebound was pretty clearly off of Brooks.
I thought all out of bounds plays under 2 minutes get reviewed, guess I was wrong.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:36 pm
That Warriors win feels very similar to the Boston win over the Nets in Game 1. Not saying the Warriors will sweep like the Celtics, but the Grizzlies had all the breaks to win and let it get away.
I think I predicted 6 but I could see 5.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I thought all out of bounds plays under 2 minutes get reviewed, guess I was wrong.
Not anymore…has to be challenged

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Not anymore…has to be challenged
Yeah, I'm starting to remember now. I think a big reason for the change was because every player was twirling their finger around at every dead ball, and it lead to dumb stuff like the out of bounds review in the Suns/Clippers series.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Jordan Poole is a star. Steph, Klay and Poole are gonna be a fucking nightmare in the WCF.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I can see this being a sweep but still being a total difference of 15 points all series. But it will probably be a 5 game series.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:40 pm
Jordan Poole is a star. Steph, Klay and Poole are gonna be a fucking nightmare in the WCF.
They will be on offense. I think GS might have trouble defending us if they go small and play those 3 together with Wiggins and Draymond.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Grizz really blew it at the end, a ton of opportunities to close it out. Can't do that against the Ws, especially with Dray getting ejected.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Yeah, Memphis is done. If the Grizz win game 2 it'll be Warriors in 5. If not, they'll be broomed. I kind of hope it'll be a sweep and everyone makes the warriors favorites against us if we get to the WCF. Let them feel themselves a little more.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”