Game Day: 76ers (4-26) @ Suns (18-16), Fri 1/2/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Game Day: 76ers (4-26) @ Suns (18-16), Fri 1/2/15

Post by INFORMER »

SDC wrote:awful game by Goran Dragic, 3-13. he's tired. if he tries to play for his national team again next year, trade his ass.
Was he worn out from national team play the other night when he scored 21 points on 58% and grabbed 8 rebounds?

Sometimes a bad shooting night is just a bad shooting night. And usually fatigued guards don't grab 10 rebounds.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:Big win is a big win!
Especially on a night when New Orleans demolished Houston and OKC gets a victory over Washington.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:Is it just me, or has Miles' play quietly solidified. He seems to be producing slightly above adequate in his backup center role.

This team is really dangerous when Markieff can get it going from 3. He's had the touch from beyond the arc the last two games. Good to see.

After a rather pedestrian first 3 quarters, Thomas came on in the 4th with 7 points and 4 rebounds.
I agree about Plumlee. He has been getting better slowly but surely. That helps us a lot not to need to rely on Len every night. Also I always liked the chemistry of Bledsoe and Plumdog.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

da_suns_fan wrote:Like almost all home games this season, this one is BOOOOORRRIIIIING.
I disagree. I was entertained. Loved seeing Zoran finally get his first NBA basket on an assist from Goran.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:I wonder what the franchise record is for blocked shots in a game because Len is currently at 6.
10 by Larry Nance and then Amare Stoudemire.
I think Len will break the record in his Suns tenure. 6 already in his second year!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:Big win is a big win! Wish the team would reward Len with a fucking touch from time to time. Ridiculous. 16 minutes isn't enough either, though I do understand resting those surgically repaired ankles as much as possible in what basically amounts to his full rookie campaign.
It was curious how he didn't play any more after his 2nd half starting stint.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Is it just me, or has Miles' play quietly solidified. He seems to be producing slightly above adequate in his backup center role.

This team is really dangerous when Markieff can get it going from 3. He's had the touch from beyond the arc the last two games. Good to see.

After a rather pedestrian first 3 quarters, Thomas came on in the 4th with 7 points and 4 rebounds.
I agree about Plumlee. He has been getting better slowly but surely. That helps us a lot not to need to rely on Len every night. Also I always liked the chemistry of Bledsoe and Plumdog.
Yeah, I too have noticed Plumlee has been pretty solid lately. Great to see. When Len and Plumlee are effective, we are formidable.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Len vs Noel:

Code: Select all

Noel - 21:51 minutes, 2-6 for 4 points, -15, 6 boards, 2 blocks
Len  - 16:27 minutes, 0-1 for 0 points,  +3, 5 boards, 6 blocks

"Be Legendary."

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

INFORMER wrote:
Cap wrote:Down by two at the half. Let there be no more talk of the dregs of the league coming into Phoenix not being dangerous.
Scoreboard. Suns took care of business. Let us proceed... ;)

The Cubster is alive and well over at spurstalk.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Trade Dragic? Seriously?

Repeat that awful mistake again?

Sure, he's going to have off nights, but he plays his ass off every game. Win or lose, I like cheering for him.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

da_suns_fan wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Cap wrote:Down by two at the half. Let there be no more talk of the dregs of the league coming into Phoenix not being dangerous.

Mori should unlock the door and let him back in..

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
da_suns_fan wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Mori should unlock the door and let him back in..
No. Way.

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

In the General sub-forum at least. I see no issue with keeping him restricted from the site, people can use the ignore feature if they don't like what he says.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:In the General sub-forum at least. I see no issue with keeping him restricted from the site, people can use the ignore feature if they don't like what he says.
He's had plenty of chances.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

iLLmatic wrote:In the General sub-forum at least. I see no issue with keeping him restricted from the site, people can use the ignore feature if they don't like what he says.
Please don't, he ruins the board experience for many. Is really one poster worth losing many others?
I really don't get the infatuation around here for some posters, but among them all, this sad character, the Cubby, is pure poison, no matter how funny poison can be.

I have some folks blocked, and still get waves of what they said, either because someone quotes them, or worst, because they agitate the thread enough to derail the conversation or other posters take seriously their atention-seeking provocative messages.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Please don't, he ruins the board experience for many. Is really one poster worth losing many others?
I really don't get the infatuation around here for some posters, but among them all, this sad character, the Cubby, is pure poison, no matter how funny poison can be.

I have some folks blocked, and still get waves of what they said, either because someone quotes them, or worst, because they agitate the thread enough to derail the conversation or other posters take seriously their atention-seeking provocative messages.
+1

Terrible idea letting that troll around these parts. If you want Cubby posting in any fashion, I suggest getting a Brazilian wax instead. Much less painful and only hurts for a second.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I completely agree. Make a thread that he is confined to, and the only people that wll bother are the ones who actually like to talk to him.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Superbone wrote:
He's had plenty of chances.
None recently. He wasn't even badly behaved the 1 day he was allowed here. Confined to one thread, couldn't hurt anyone. He's repetetive and a but abrasive, but no worse then others. People are holding a 10+ year old grudge; Why not permit the possibility of growth?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It sounds like some of you just like anarchy and chaos, inviting that troll into any conversation. If this is a stance or demonstration of the right to freedom if speech, it makes no sense. Why infest our community in the slightest?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

He's a legend in his own time...

CHARGE!!!