All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by LazarusLong »

Trae Young: No.

He'd have to be the third guy behind Booker and Durant, and I don't see that happening.
He's becoming Monta Ellis, and that's not a compliment ...
Last edited by LazarusLong on Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Even if Ayton was traded, this thread wouldn’t die. It’ll probably keep going until the end of time at this point.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t want Trae…I don’t think I’d even target a big. I’d go after wings and shooters. If it’s a big that can shoot, I’ll take it. But ya we do need to move on, that seems pretty clear. Best for both parties.

We’ll see on CP3, but think we gotta move on from him too. If he’s waive the non-guaranteed portion of his contract I’d let him hang around 1 more year, but we need a new pg.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:23 pm
Even if Ayton was traded, this thread wouldn’t die. It’ll probably keep going until the end of time at this point.
Yay.

I don't agree. I don't see Ayton as the type to go forward on another team and make us regret giving him up. But you never know. I just can't ever see his play on the court match his talk. I mean, he can do it in spurts as we saw a couple years ago but he just doesn't have that inner desire it takes to be great.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:30 pm
I don’t want Trae…I don’t think I’d even target a big. I’d go after wings and shooters. If it’s a big that can shoot, I’ll take it. But ya we do need to move on, that seems pretty clear. Best for both parties.

We’ll see on CP3, but think we gotta move on from him too. If he’s waive the non-guaranteed portion of his contract I’d let him hang around 1 more year, but we need a new pg.
Well we still need somebody to play the position. I'd go after a high motor guy like Looney. Speaking of which, whatever happened to Richaun Holmes? He's still on the Kings? He sure fell off if so. I guess Len is outplaying him.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m just saying I wouldn’t need to get our starting C back in an Ayton trade. I’d love to bring in Naz Reid as a FA

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

A few Ayton trades I cobbled up because I think he would welcome a change of scenery too, especially if the Suns don't advance far.

Atlanta:
CP3 and Ayton for Capela, Bogdan and salary filler
Capela can replace a lot of what Ayton does at 60% of the cost, Bogdan could be nice off the bench, health permitting of course.

Dallas:
Ayton and CP3 for a re-signed Kyrie (yep, I went there), THJ and Kleber
Stretch big, scoring wing off the bench, and massive upgrade at PG.

Cleveland:
Ayton for Jarret Allen and RUBIO
Doubt Cleveland does this, but you never know. I think the Suns need a defensive minded PG who won't mind taking a backseat to Book and KD.

At this point, CP3 has value only as a partially guaranteed contract, or a huge expiring contract for next year.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Y'all are making so much extra work for me to do, bumping posts after the season is over.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:32 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:23 pm
Yay.

I don't agree. I don't see Ayton as the type to go forward on another team and make us regret giving him up. But you never know. I just can't ever see his play on the court match his talk. I mean, he can do it in spurts as we saw a couple years ago but he just doesn't have that inner desire it takes to be great.

You missed my point, sir.
The Ayton discourse on this board is never ending…

It eats planets, swallows whole galaxies and universes. It’s external. Dread it. Run from. Destiny arrives all the same, or should I say the ConversAYTON does!

HaHa! Boom!

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:52 pm
Y'all are making so much extra work for me to do, bumping posts after the season is over.
Here's hoping it works out for you.

Even if they win the title I still think he's gone personally. You can get a guy who can fill Aytons current role, now I'm not saying he'll be an upgrade talent or skill wise, because he won't, but you can definitely find a guy to fill his spot for at least half the price.

Split T

Post by Split T »

My dream is still some sort of package with San Antonio for Devin Vassell. A Vassell/Tre Jones package would be ideal, but I can’t see Spurs offering that.

I floated an Ayton for Poeltl/Vassell/Jones trade last summer and people thought I was crazy. We couldn’t get even that now.

I’d be open to a Capela trade, but I’d really want Okungwu. If Indy still wants him I’d jump all over Turner.

Charlotte for Mark Williams and Hayward?

I thought about Portland but they don’t have anything I want. Not that they’d offer anyways. I’d take Simons.

It would be great if Boston lost to Embiid and the 76ers and felt like they needed size. I’d gladly take Rob Williams.

I would also gladly take Jeremy throwing these trades back in my face in the summer after Ayton turns it on and takes us to a title.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Cool. I sincerely hope you can.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BigLewy wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:45 pm
A few Ayton trades I cobbled up because I think he would welcome a change of scenery too, especially if the Suns don't advance far.

Atlanta:
CP3 and Ayton for Capela, Bogdan and salary filler
Capela can replace a lot of what Ayton does at 60% of the cost, Bogdan could be nice off the bench, health permitting of course.

Dallas:
Ayton and CP3 for a re-signed Kyrie (yep, I went there), THJ and Kleber
Stretch big, scoring wing off the bench, and massive upgrade at PG.

Cleveland:
Ayton for Jarret Allen and RUBIO
Doubt Cleveland does this, but you never know. I think the Suns need a defensive minded PG who won't mind taking a backseat to Book and KD.

At this point, CP3 has value only as a partially guaranteed contract, or a huge expiring contract for next year.
I really think Kyrie want to play here with Durant.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:21 pm
JeremyG wrote:

Even if they win the title I still think he's gone personally. You can get a guy who can fill Aytons current role, now I'm not saying he'll be an upgrade talent or skill wise, because he won't, but you can definitely find a guy to fill his spot for at least half the price.
I really don't think we can with this version of him.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I will celebrate DAs contract coming off our books

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:41 pm
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

But we could win if we swapped him out for Looney? Y'all are loony.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Gotta factor in the rest of that money going to solidify G/F spots. Ayton going out will not be just to replace him by himself.

Also, Looney has a title.
Last edited by TOO on Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I would also love to throw Shamet’s contract into any deal to get off his money. Anything we can do to get low enough to have access to the MLE and BAE would be awesome. If we can get 2 rotation guys for Ayton at cheaper cost. Cut CP3 and stretch his guaranteed money. Then add 2 more rotation guys with the MLE and BAE and we’ve got 6. Re-sign Craig/Okogie and including Payne that is 9 plus any vet min guys we can bring along.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:55 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:53 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Gotta factor in the rest of that money going to solidify G/F spots. Ayton going out will not be just to replace him by himself.

Also, Looney has a title.
Which makes it even crazier to say we can't win one with Ayton.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yep. Lengthening the roster is the main benefit of moving off of Ayton. Imagine not having to absolutely dread when Booker or KD has to sit down because nobody else can get a decent shot for themselves. Upgrading the Okogie/Torrey spot and adding another PG, so many options man. Ayton for all his talent, just hasn't shown any sort of drive to capitalize on it. It's such a drag.