2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I’m not at all interested in Harden. He’s in the same box with Kyrie, stars who play with inconsistent effort. Not to mention he always comes up small in big moments.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

If we are sign and trading for someone, sign me up for Jerami Grant

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am
Wally_West wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:04 am
Split T wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:03 am
Same way we’d get Kyrie. S&T for Ayton. Though this one would be trickier as you’d need a 3rd team. Philly would have zero interest in Ayton
Maybe CP and Landry’s contract? Idk but either scenario why would the Sixers do it lol
Philly has no leverage. If it’s let him walk to Houston for nothing or S&T him to Phoenix for something, they take the something.
Everyone said Brooklyn had no leverage, but some how they made a trade without making any concessions.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:59 am

But…how?
But why?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:10 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:08 am
Wally_West wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:04 am
Split T wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:03 am
Same way we’d get Kyrie. S&T for Ayton. Though this one would be trickier as you’d need a 3rd team. Philly would have zero interest in Ayton
Maybe CP and Landry’s contract? Idk but either scenario why would the Sixers do it lol
Philly has no leverage. If it’s let him walk to Houston for nothing or S&T him to Phoenix for something, they take the something.
Everyone said Brooklyn had no leverage, but some how they made a trade without making any concessions.
Well the people who said Brooklyn had no leverage were wrong. They may not have had a lot of leverage, but they used what little they had against us. Philly would have much less. KD was under contract for 3+ years. Harden is a FA. The only leverage is the suns need their cooperation. But that’s lessened if Houston is a real possibility for Harden.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 3:11 pm
Wally_West wrote:

But…how?
But why?
It's almost certainly coming from Harden's camp to drive up his FA price.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:47 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

But…how?
But why?
Jimmy, if it’s money you want, just opt in and stay where you are. There’s no reason for anyone else to pay you $35M/yr.

Well, anyone except the kind of fools who are paying Ayton $30M/yr.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cap wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:51 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:47 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

But…how?
But why?
Jimmy, if it’s money you want, just opt in and stay where you are. There’s no reason for anyone else to pay you $35M/yr.
He's on the downside of his career, so now it's more about years on a new deal than anything else.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's cool to have an owner willing to spend big money. But if he spends it on old fat Harden or old chucker Westbrook or other nonsense, his spending is actually not an asset, it's an anchor that will hard cap us for years to come. I'm not opposed to almost any NBA player at the right price, but I really hope we don't throw fat contracts at big names who don't actually make us better and would stop us from adding urgently needed depth.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Plus Torrey Craig.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 1:50 pm
I’m not at all interested in Harden. He’s in the same box with Kyrie, stars who play with inconsistent effort. Not to mention he always comes up small in big moments.
Exactly.

This sort of nonsense is what I feared might happen, where we effectively become Brooklyn 2.0 and bring in a load of big names in the hope that it gels. It didn't work there so why would it work out any different here? As you said Harden always comes up small in the big moments but after the previous two postseasons you could easily lump Book and KD into that category too.

I'm really hoping this is all just media hype.....

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's fair. Almost all of these guys come up short for most of their career if not always.

KD has won a Finals MVP. At least he's been there even if it was more than two years ago. He unfortunately needs a little bit more help than he did five years ago to look close to that guy again, but I don't think the "3rd star" route is really the best way to go and definitely not if it's a Harden or Kyrie.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not interested in Harden and have even less interest in Kyrie. I like Westbrook because of how hard he plays and his ability to get downhill and draw fouls but he obviously has his drawbacks. I don't want to watch the 2011 All-Star team, all on their last legs chasing a ring that leaves us stripped bare of any talent in 2 years. I'm also worried about a new, inexperienced owner with people around him angling for jobs and credit telling him to go after big names of the past, blowing capspace, giving in to star demands.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

No harden, no westbrook no kyrie... Just no!!
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Some conflicting reports

Yes, Dončić and Irving both—at least as multiple competing sources indicated at the NBA's draft combine in Chicago.

"I hear they had a handshake deal before the trade [with the Brooklyn Nets]," one source said. "And Kyrie wouldn't have said yes to anything less than the max." Is Irving worth that price? "Maybe to Dallas, he is. I'm not sure what the market is for Kyrie, but no one with cap room is giving it to Kyrie. He comes with too much drama," another source said.

More than one NBA source said they expect Dallas to be a likely destination for Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton. Dončić and Ayton share an agent (Bill Duffy of WME Sports) and are said to have a good relationship.

"The Suns need depth. I can see them getting Tim Hardaway Jr., JaVale [McGee] back, Josh Green and No. 10," another source said. "Phoenix would probably flip the pick to another team for depth, or maybe it'd be a big multi-team deal."

Dallas can offer others like Maxi Kleber, Dāvis Bertāns, Reggie Bullock and Jaden Hardy. But Kleber is said to be one of Dončić's best friends on the team (and one of its better players) and the least likely to be dealt.

Whatever the moves, the Mavericks need to add depth in defenders, shooters and athletes to support Dončić, Irving and, if a Phoenix swap goes through, Ayton.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Biz put up an IG post with #lostsometoxicmembers....maybe Jae? Although I'm sure at least one poster will point to Monty.

Spoiler: show/hide

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Or he could be joking at Mikal, like Jock did.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 2:08 pm
Some conflicting reports

Yes, Dončić and Irving both—at least as multiple competing sources indicated at the NBA's draft combine in Chicago.

"I hear they had a handshake deal before the trade [with the Brooklyn Nets]," one source said. "And Kyrie wouldn't have said yes to anything less than the max." Is Irving worth that price? "Maybe to Dallas, he is. I'm not sure what the market is for Kyrie, but no one with cap room is giving it to Kyrie. He comes with too much drama," another source said.

More than one NBA source said they expect Dallas to be a likely destination for Phoenix Suns center Deandre Ayton. Dončić and Ayton share an agent (Bill Duffy of WME Sports) and are said to have a good relationship.

"The Suns need depth. I can see them getting Tim Hardaway Jr., JaVale [McGee] back, Josh Green and No. 10," another source said. "Phoenix would probably flip the pick to another team for depth, or maybe it'd be a big multi-team deal."

Dallas can offer others like Maxi Kleber, Dāvis Bertāns, Reggie Bullock and Jaden Hardy. But Kleber is said to be one of Dončić's best friends on the team (and one of its better players) and the least likely to be dealt.

Whatever the moves, the Mavericks need to add depth in defenders, shooters and athletes to support Dončić, Irving and, if a Phoenix swap goes through, Ayton.
Everyone knows Mavs are interested. Nobody wants to be involved in a bidding war.I wouldn’t be unhappy with Green, 10th pick, and Hardaway Jr. Green is promising as a guard, good defender, improving shot with upside, and Hardaway can be the scoring punch off the bench that’s been missing. The 10th pick could be an interesting piece to use for a player or a trade chip.
Last edited by Drewsprocket on Sun May 21, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.