All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Wally_West »

Will James Jones finally get John Collins?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

MightyMoog wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:25 pm
Monty’s mistake was playing Shamet the first game of the Denver series when Payne was available. He waited until game 3 to give Payne some run.

I know you all like to shit on Payne, but he’s been the barometer of this team. Our uptick started with his signing and all our successes have been when he’s been at his best.
I'd move off of him this summer in a heartbeat.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Uh ohhhhhhh

It’s happening

Please not Collins, if anything get me Capela and Bogdanovic though I’d much prefer a package Boston could put together around Robert Williams and Brogdon

mjwang92

Post by mjwang92 »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:37 pm
Uh ohhhhhhh

It’s happening

Please not Collins, if anything get me Capela and Bogdanovic though I’d much prefer a package Boston could put together around Robert Williams and Brogdon
?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Atlanta has an abundance of wings they could send us in addition to Capela: Hunter, Bey, Jalen J, AJ Griffin, Bogey.. even Garrison Matthews isn't terrible.

If we're trading with Boston, I'd push for Time Lord instead of Horford. Brogdon would be a nice addition, but all of their pieces come with significant injury risk and we're already creaky. Smart and Williams is probably the best combo we could hope for there. Plugs two holes very nicely (but leaves us very small).

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:30 pm

Two Ayton trades I’d consider. I like the Hawks with all their depth. I’d take one of their larger contracts with one of their up and coming talents. No way am I taking Collins.
I like Onyeka and Bogdanovic.
Or Griffin and Capela.
Who do you like from Boston?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think it was on Zach Lowe's podcast that I heard the Suns can take back up to 120% of Ayton's salary if he's traded by July 1st(?), but after that it drops to 110% until the next trade deadline or something... Anyway, if Ishbones is as unconcerned with salary as it appears, they'd be more likely to take on seemingly oversized salaries like Hunter or Collins than middle around with less proven players who're cheaper.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Wally_West wrote:

Jones hates Collins.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:03 pm
Wally_West wrote:

Jones hates Collins.
Does he? We apparently almost traded for him at the deadline last year before the KD deal got done. We were rumored to be interested in using Paul’s contract to get him before Beal trade. Just seems like we keep being linked to him. I want nothing to do with Collins so I hope you’re right.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:36 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:03 pm
Wally_West wrote:

Jones hates Collins.
Does he? We apparently almost traded for him at the deadline last year before the KD deal got done. We were rumored to be interested in using Paul’s contract to get him before Beal trade. Just seems like we keep being linked to him. I want nothing to do with Collins so I hope you’re right.
Would you take Collins if we got Okongwu too?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Would it be possible to take less money back in an Ayton deal, say John Collins, and use the extra space to sign Draymond to a 1+1?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't get the Collins rumors. I think Capela and a swing makes more sense. I don't think the Cs would give up Williams but I guess there's a chance if they think DA can give them some offense in the paint they think they're lacking.

JAKE_ROWDER

Post by JAKE_ROWDER »

AWW MAN REALLY.? THATS HOW COACH FELT ABOUT THE BOSS MAN JAE.?? I KNEW IT.! HE WAS JEALOUS OF JAES SMOOTH GAME AND SEXY HAIR.! LOVE IS -NOT- LOVE.!!! #TeamBossMan #GoJae #LouderWithCrowder #.!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:16 am
I don't get the Collins rumors. I think Capela and a swing makes more sense. I don't think the Cs would give up Williams but I guess there's a chance if they think DA can give them some offense in the paint they think they're lacking.
I can't understand how anyone would want to trade Ayton for Robert Williams. The dude has averaged 41.8 games played over his 5-year career.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Booo fuckitty hoo

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

If we're operating on Flex has a beat on this than he has it the two teams to watch for Ayton are the hawks and Celtics. I'm thinking right now the Celtics are offering Brogdan and Horford. Hawks Capella plus filler.

Idk how others feel but I think Capella could be a good fit with this bunch. I'd want another piece to buy seems to be interested teams out there
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I love the Capela fit for us.
He won't need to score as much, and he can dunk and catch the ball on pick and rolls, and can defend. If we get a 3d wing along with him its a Win in my book.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »