Suns News: Week 12 1/12-1/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
OE32

Re: Suns News: Week 12 1/12-1/18

Post by OE32 »

TJ Talk:

He hasn't been particularly impressive in his very few minutes this season, particularly on defense. But I think about this:

https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/status/556665620272787457

TJ has been way better than a 38% FG% shooter in his limited minutes, but he's been torched on defense every time he takes the court, whether it be Gallinari, whatever scrub he was matched up with on the Sixers (I forget), and most recently Robbie Hummel (ugh). You gotta wonder, though, if minutes would help with that progression. I think we can all agree that Alex's performance has improved pretty dramatically with PT. Wiggins needed PT to figure things out. TJ does too - I guess we're just not in a position to suffer his learning curve since we're competing for a spot.

Per Indy, Coach has compared TJ with Vinnie Johnson and RIcky Pierce - two 6-4 bench scorers. Not the highest praise.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I want to root for TJ, but he really hasn't shown me much. He has had a couple of games where he got in and put up a few points, so you can tell he has a nose for scoring. But he looks like he's still a ways away from being able to be a rotation guy. I've been disappointed with his defense several times and been surprised at how easily he let his man blow by him or let an easy rebound go to someone else. You have to hustle your ass off if you want to stay on the court. PJ Tucker he's not. (Yet.)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Does Reggie Bullock play for us?

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Unclear.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/556962184744292353

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I wonder what we're looking for in return. This might be out of courtesy to Plumlee as his minutes are gonna be almost non-existent now

TOO

Post by TOO »

Not sure he'd bring anything helpful on court this year, maybe a future pick? Any decent players who can rebound on an expiring deal available?

carey

Post by carey »

I didn't see this, but thought I'd post.... I don't think Jared Dudley is Doc Rivers' biggest fan.

https://twitter.com/JaredDudley619/status/555871132755038209

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I hang on to him. I like having three guys who can play center for once.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, that's why I think it might be plumlee who'd like to be traded. He know he's basically an insurance big now and he wants to play.

He's not gonna bring back anything significant, maybe a contender like Dallas throws us a protected 2020 first rounder

carey

Post by carey »

I don't trade him. Sorry but he's still on his rookie deal for a year and a half. Wright is a FA this Summer. You just don't let an athletic 7-footer that knows your sets walk unless you are getting something good in return & I just don't see it.

The ESPN story makes it sound like either Plumlee asked for a trade or his agent did & they are trying to do them a solid: LINK
The Suns are believed to be seeking at least one future first-round pick for the 26-year-old, who was selected 26th overall by Indiana in ‎the 2012 draft, one year before brother Mason was selected No. 22 overall by Brooklyn in the 2013 draft.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

Split T wrote:Ya, that's why I think it might be plumlee who'd like to be traded. He know he's basically an insurance big now and he wants to play.
mcdo has created another situation where there is redundancy at the center position. good job boy.

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:I don't trade him. Sorry but he's still on his rookie deal for a year and a half. Wright is a FA this Summer. You just don't let an athletic 7-footer that knows your sets walk unless you are getting something good in return & I just don't see it.

The ESPN story makes it sound like either Plumlee asked for a trade or his agent did & they are trying to do them a solid: LINK
The Suns are believed to be seeking at least one future first-round pick for the 26-year-old, who was selected 26th overall by Indiana in ‎the 2012 draft, one year before brother Mason was selected No. 22 overall by Brooklyn in the 2013 draft.
mcdo's brandon wright signing not going so well, hmmm? #unintendedconsequences

not as bad as PG mess though...

OE32

Post by OE32 »

SDC wrote:
carey wrote:I don't trade him. Sorry but he's still on his rookie deal for a year and a half. Wright is a FA this Summer. You just don't let an athletic 7-footer that knows your sets walk unless you are getting something good in return & I just don't see it.

:roll:

At this point the only person you're trolling is yourself.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

The Bobster wrote:I hang on to him. I like having three guys who can play center for once.
Agree. Nice depth to have.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

SDC wrote:mcdo's brandon wright signing not going so well, hmmm? #unintendedconsequences

First, I think you mean trade.

Second, I don't really care what Plumlee wants, you do what's best for the team. If they think having three capable centers on the roster is what they want, they should keep him.

And in what world is finding a better player than you have in your rotation for a relatively cheap price a bad thing?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I don't know if there's really much that is available that they could get straight up for plumlee that would get playing time actually.

I could see doing a multiple players-for-one if there's somebody out there who can move the needle, but I don't know about making changes just for change sake.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I am against just coughing up Plumlee for a future late pick. Only a many for one trade which nets us something of value. We finally have some depth at the C. Next year Wright could bolt so we are even worse off. I don't care if Plumlee has asked for a trade because he wants minutes. He had every opportunity to have them here but he stank it up. Its not like he is an aging veteran who is being benched because we started a youth movement.

Injuries derailed us last year, why kill the depth and give that a chance to happen again. And I think he could still be serviceable in the future.

On the plus side for SDC, a Plumlee trade would leave a gaping hole in the roster that only Jermaine O'Neal could fill. It would actually make sense in that situation.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Danimal wrote:I am against just coughing up Plumlee for a future late pick. Only a many for one trade which nets us something of value. We finally have some depth at the C. Next year Wright could bolt so we are even worse off. I don't care if Plumlee has asked for a trade because he wants minutes. He had every opportunity to have them here but he stank it up. Its not like he is an aging veteran who is being benched because we started a youth movement.

Injuries derailed us last year, why kill the depth and give that a chance to happen again. And I think he could still be serviceable in the future.

On the plus side for SDC, a Plumlee trade would leave a gaping hole in the roster that only Jermaine O'Neal could fill. It would actually make sense in that situation.
or maybe wright is just a placeholder for oneal since jermaine will only make himself available just before the trade deadline.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SDC wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :!: :roll: :!: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ....... :roll:

:roll: