All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I suggest we lock this bullshit until at least the start of training camp.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:10 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:08 pm
Funny how quiet it got once I proved Ayton was our best clutch player this season.
OK, I guess Vlad isn't the only instigator.
Called it in another thread, just goes around stirring shit up like a child.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Why do we continue to feed the blind troll? 🤦🏻

I’ll bite. My last bit of feeding for the off season.

We would all love him to step up and be a contributor ‘FOR THE MONEY HE GETS PAID’. If he does then we probably win a championship.

Almost none of us have the confidence in his DESIRE to do so given his past. He may have the ability, and yes, he has shown small glimpses of it, but we may never know as he doesn’t show he can contribute what we need to any consistent level.

You are blind to what he actually is as a player. You accentuate his good and minimise his bad to an infuriating level. You are blind to any evidence given to you of the contrary.

Give it a rest lad. If he goes and brings us a reliable defensive presence and a bit of depth then wonderful. If he performs to the level of the championship finals run, then equally brilliant.
If he does neither, expect a continued Ayton bashing here as we see him for what he actually brings rather than a fantasy land version.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

This is all very silly and Jeremy does overdo it quite often but the simple reality is that the haters are almost as bad. Just that there are more of them.

There's no question that Ayton is a mixed bag. Whether you focus on the positives or the negatives depends on your point of view.

I'm just curious what happens. Vogel could make quite a difference, Monty played favorites. But Ayton has been inconsistent as heck and will likely stay that way.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I suppose it's my own fault for clicking the link when I know there's nothing new being added to the conversation.

I take back my comment about locking the thread. Feel free to continue to fart in each others faces over this guy, and I'll do my best to avoid my worst instinct.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Hey, buckle up...we have 4? months to go. What else is there to do but give JG sheit about his GINORMOUS DeAndre Mancrush...

Split T

Post by Split T »

It just spills into every thread anyways. No way to stop it. Posters would have to just stop engaging in Ayton talk

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I’ve been calling for the death of this thread for a minute now. It’s 20% of the reason why I want Ayton traded. If he’s gone, this thread will die, it might take a few months to a year but it’ll eventually die. Like Pennywise at the end of IT, either the long ass book or long ass movies, it’ll be a journey but the shit will end.

TOO

Post by TOO »

You'll get a daily reminder of what Ayton does if he's moved. Believe that.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

England Sun wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:22 am
You accentuate his good and minimise his bad to an infuriating level. You are blind to any evidence given to you of the contrary.
You guys accentuate his bad and minimize his good to an infuriating level. You are blind to any evidence given to you of the contrary.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

As for me going to an extreme, that’s just an attempt to bring some semblance of balance to the discussion, as I’ve said before.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:33 am
As for me going to an extreme, that’s just an attempt to bring some semblance of balance to the discussion, as I’ve said before.
It's just that it's relentless. We can't have a balanced or honest take on Ayton. We can't have a conversation in another thread around Ayton because it's likely being covered in this thread. This thread was necessary because anytime we'd have an honest talk about Ayton elsewhere, you would turn it into an Ayton lovefest full of positivity to counter anything anyone says about Ayton that isn't full of positivity.

Now, if I have a legit piece of news or conversation I want to bring up and it includes Ayton, I don't know if it's already been covered here (followed up with you coming to Ayton's defense) or if it's in another thread. If it goes into another legitimate news thread, for example, I know that news thread will turn into a 75% Ayton dominated discussion because of how you proceed to come to his defense or shift the conversation to "all things Ayton".

It really sucks for this site. It feels like phx-Ayton.net most of the time. As someone else said, for this reason alone, I really want him traded so we can just be done with this bullshit. 90 fucking pages dedicated to a single player.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Carno

Post by Carno »

Jeremy, I am in awe of your relentlessness, especially given the amount of abuse you're subjected to from the Ayton haters (or HAyt-ons as I like to call them). But honestly, if you concede even a little bit on Ayton's deficiencies, your arguments would be more effective.

My thoughts on Ayton: I don't care how much he makes. He is overpaid, but so what. It's not my money, and his cap number isn't hampering the Suns much. Any decisions on his fate should be strictly focused on what's best for the team. Dumping him for trash role players that can't help a team with two generational talents (or so we keep hearing) make the playoffs, doesn't make the team better. At minimum, an Ayton trade must bring in a starting-caliber rim-running defensive big and a 3 and D starter. Without that, the Suns should keep him and see if he gets better. I am hopeful that with the change in coaching scenery, he can be, at minimum, the rim-running defensive big the team needs.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Make sure he doesn't get too much sun and is properly watered...larger plants like that in a pot can be tricky. Luckily the wheels for moving him around are convenient...

JNix

Post by JNix »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:15 am
Make sure he doesn't get too much sun and is properly watered...larger plants like that in a pot can be tricky. Luckily the wheels for moving him around are convenient...
:lol: :lol:

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:12 am
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:33 am
It's just that it's relentless. We can't have a balanced or honest take on Ayton. We can't have a conversation in another thread around Ayton because it's likely being covered in this thread. This thread was necessary because anytime we'd have an honest talk about Ayton elsewhere, you would turn it into an Ayton lovefest full of positivity to counter anything anyone says about Ayton that isn't full of positivity.

Now, if I have a legit piece of news or conversation I want to bring up and it includes Ayton, I don't know if it's already been covered here (followed up with you coming to Ayton's defense) or if it's in another thread. If it goes into another legitimate news thread, for example, I know that news thread will turn into a 75% Ayton dominated discussion because of how you proceed to come to his defense or shift the conversation to "all things Ayton".

It really sucks for this site. It feels like phx-Ayton.net most of the time. As someone else said, for this reason alone, I really want him traded so we can just be done with this bullshit. 90 fucking pages dedicated to a single player.
Amen

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:08 pm
Funny how quiet it got once I proved Ayton was our best clutch player this season.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I’m all for this turning into the Ayton parody thread. The universe has now collapsed in on itself and formed a new dimension.
Phoenix Aytons will be great next year. Now that we finally added enough Aytons for a solid playoff rotation.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If only we could have Ayton and Booker trade brains. We would have a super dominant big guy and a finesse 2 guard.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:12 am
This thread was necessary because anytime we'd have an honest talk about Ayton elsewhere, you would turn it into an Ayton lovefest full of positivity to counter anything anyone says about Ayton that isn't full of positivity.
Revisionist history. That’s not how or when this thread started. Go look at the OP.