All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Now watching the parts I missed live.

The Bahamas went 5-out early in the game with Ayton in the corner. He took a wide open corner 3 and hit the side of the backboard... :?

Ayton's PnR defense in the first quarter was poor. Several times he was jumping at the guard and leaving a huge passing lane that was easily picked out by Campazzo.

Ayton had a few good defensive possessions late, staying in front of ball handlers and contesting missed shots. The offensive side wasn't good, though. He was easily pushed out of the play or in a poor position to receive a pass.

Gordon absolutely saved them this game. He made several huge plays down the stretch.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:55 pm
This tournament shows me that DA isn’t serious about developing his offensive or defensive game. Couldn’t flash anything new consistently against no-names even.

Didn’t see a 3 ball. Didn’t see any consistent drives with the ball. No attacking the basket (3 FTAs are you kidding me?) nada
He was exactly the same guy he's been for the past few seasons, just minus the IDGAF body language we saw too often last season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:38 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:21 pm
Would it kill you guys to tell us who won? Just looked it up and the Bahamas came back for the victory, 82-75. Apparently, Gordon had a late barrage of 3s.

Ayton had 10 points on 5-14 shooting and 0-2 from 3 but he did have a huge 21 boards and one assist in 38 minutes.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2023 ... ndre-ayton
I missed the last 10 minutes or so and only now got back to a computer. I'm going to check out a replay right now.
How :?:
Link...
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Time and score.....
Trademark EG pull up 3s

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:36 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Would it kill you guys to tell us who won? Just looked it up and the Bahamas came back for the victory, 82-75. Apparently, Gordon had a late barrage of 3s.

Ayton had 10 points on 5-14 shooting and 0-2 from 3 but he did have a huge 21 boards and one assist in 38 minutes.

I missed the last 10 minutes or so and only now got back to a computer. I'm going to check out a replay right now.
Link...
I bought the $30 courtside1891 subscription which includes full game replays. The World Cup games are around my time zone, so I'll get plenty of use out of it in the next month.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:58 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:36 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Link...
I bought the $30 courtside1891 subscription which includes full game replays. The World Cup games are around my time zone, so I'll get plenty of use out of it in the next month.
Ahhh
Kool man ✌️

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:24 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:55 pm
This tournament shows me that DA isn’t serious about developing his offensive or defensive game. Couldn’t flash anything new consistently against no-names even.

Didn’t see a 3 ball. Didn’t see any consistent drives with the ball. No attacking the basket (3 FTAs are you kidding me?) nada
He was exactly the same guy he's been for the past few seasons, just minus the IDGAF body language we saw too often last season.
Absolutely zero desire to be a force, even against non-NBA players where he’s clearly the most talented out there.

Woop dee doo he had 21 rebounds. So let’s pay him Kevon Looney money.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I love how all of the Suns fans across the interwebs, even the Hayters, are excited about Ayton and his play in the tournament. But not on here. Nope. It’s never good enough on here.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Why should I be excited about seeing him be the same guy he was 24 months ago?

He didn't get worse! Whoohoo!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Surely not his best game but I don't care whom you are playing, 21 boards can't be as easily discounted as it has been here. Consistency will continue to be an issue.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:55 pm
I love how all of the Suns fans across the interwebs, even the Hayters, are excited about Ayton and his play in the tournament. But not on here. Nope. It’s never good enough on here.
Either you’re not fully paying attention or you only see the negative and filter the rest out.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:41 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:55 pm
Either you’re not fully paying attention or you only see the negative and filter the rest out.
I’ve actually been patting him on the back… and still. I’ll go on record to say that I’m very pleased with how he’s done this summer. I really believe he’s going to have a better season this year than last year and I’m not talking stats wise… just his over all engagement and putting in max effort. He don’t need to score when pulling down 20+ boards.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Looks like he wasn't very assertive on offense. But honestly the DA I want next season isn't one who is trying to be a go-to scorer. I want him playing energetic defense and rebounding. So I see those 21 boards and I'm pretty happy. And it's probably good for our upcoming season that Ayton, who has on-and-off motivation, and Eric Gordon, who sometimes shows up to NBA seasons a little thick, both played organized competitive basketball this offseason and stayed in great shape.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:03 pm
Surely not his best game but I don't care whom you are playing, 21 boards can't be as easily discounted as it has been here. Consistency will continue to be an issue.
Kevon Looney?

Okay then let’s pay him Looney money.

Not exciting. Woop dee doo he grabbed 21 boards in a YMCA game where he’s easily the biggest and most athletic.

The fact he couldn’t assert himself offensively at all is pathetic.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:59 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Kevon Looney?

Not exciting. Woop dee doo he grabbed 21 boards in a YMCA game where he’s easily the biggest and most athletic.

I happened upon this and thought of you, when you are mentioning Looney.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/th ... r-AA1fkeMi
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

75 pages to go, quit slacking people!

Quick someone throw some shade on Ayton so that Jeremy has to defend him.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:36 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:59 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Kevon Looney?

I happened upon this and thought of you, when you are mentioning Looney.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/th ... r-AA1fkeMi
Man I would bust nuts