All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:37 am
Well, there you go. Discussion over.

If only…

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:08 am
TOO wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:18 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:06 am
What’s the over/under on the trade happening still?

If ayton is sent out…. It better improve us.
I think it'll improve team morale, does that count?
Am I assuming the morale was improved because we're winning games?
They won a bunch the last couple of years, certain players still seem like they are on the outside looking in. Idk.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not a big fan of the Ayton/Nurkic swap, but if we somehow got OG, too, suddenly I'd be a fan of the move. I didn't think that was very likely to happen, but we'll see.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:37 am
Well, there you go. Discussion over.

I keep telling y’all it’s happening!!!

TTTT

It may happen or it may not happen, interesting times, patience is key, but also impatience.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Not that I want to help this mind numbing Groundhog Day of a thread reach 200 but sadly any post I make helps it get there.
It’s clear that no one would be happy with an Ayton for Nurkic swap (even if the money matched).
But, would most be happy if the trade happened if the additional body was OG? Or Scoot?

Who would it take for you to be happy with the trade?
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We should start another stat. See how many Ayton thread pages can be devoted to that one trade before it does or doesn’t happen. 😎

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:06 am
What’s the over/under on the trade happening still?
Same as it’s always been. It’s not happening.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:25 pm
I think you’re missing the point. If Dame gets traded tomorrow and Ayton for Nurkic is part of it, what would you say about Gambo? To me whether it happens or not is what matters, not whether it takes a couple extra days.
I say he’s wrong. It’s been 4 days lol. There was obviously no trade that was imminent. There was nothing in the works or close to being finalized with any specific team(s). Woj was right.

Carno

Post by Carno »

England Sun wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:24 am
Not that I want to help this mind numbing Groundhog Day of a thread reach 200 but sadly any post I make helps it get there.
It’s clear that no one would be happy with an Ayton for Nurkic swap (even if the money matched).
But, would most be happy if the trade happened if the additional body was OG? Or Scoot?

I've been saying that the Suns need a defensive, rebounding, rim-running center and a starting 3 and D wing in return for Ayton. OG and Nurkic is getting close to that. I can almost convince myself. OG is definitely the kind of 3 and D wing I'd like to see, but Nurkic just falls a little short. I still think I'd rather have Ayton.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:56 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:25 pm
I think you’re missing the point. If Dame gets traded tomorrow and Ayton for Nurkic is part of it, what would you say about Gambo? To me whether it happens or not is what matters, not whether it takes a couple extra days.
I say he’s wrong. It’s been 4 days lol. There was obviously no trade that was imminent. There was nothing in the works or close to being finalized with any specific team(s). Woj was right.
4 days is nothing…it took 8 months to get Durant. You can say his use of imminent was wrong(if that makes you feel better). But again, you’re missing the point. The point isn’t that it was imminent, it’s that the trade happened. This is supposedly a 3 or even 4 team trade, so much can happen to throw that off.

There was another report today that Toronto was deep in talks for Dame on Thursday and then Masai walked away. Now he’s come back…it’s all negotiating. Perhaps that was the trade Gambo was talking about.

The key point is Dame is getting traded and when he does the suns will be interested in Nurkic.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Carno wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:01 am
England Sun wrote:

I've been saying that the Suns need a defensive, rebounding, rim-running center and a starting 3 and D wing in return for Ayton. OG and Nurkic is getting close to that. I can almost convince myself. OG is definitely the kind of 3 and D wing I'd like to see, but Nurkic just falls a little short. I still think I'd rather have Ayton.
OG alone is better than Ayton though…just put Nurkic on the bench and start Eubanks. Eubanks is exactly what you described you want at the 5.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:42 am
Carno wrote:
England Sun wrote:

OG alone is better than Ayton though…
Then why would Portland choose Ayton over OG?

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:10 pm
Split T wrote:
Carno wrote:
England Sun wrote:

I don’t think they would…I very much doubt the OG rumors. Even Gambo said no on OG.

But if they for some reason do prefer Ayton to OG it would be because OG is an expiring contract and they don’t believe he’d stay(or they don’t want to pay him). Doesn’t explain why they wouldn’t just send him somewhere else(Like Memphis) for a better return.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:10 pm
Split T wrote:
Carno wrote:
England Sun wrote:

I think he should have clarified with FOR THIS TEAM.

DA is a higher level talent IMO, but what he aspires to be (a scorer, shooter) is not what this team needs of him (rebounding, defense, hustle).

OG covers some significant holes and I can live with the downgrade offensively at the 5 if it means OG is there with Nurkic who is a physical presence we’ve been missing out of our 5

TOO

Post by TOO »

Just the idea of KD, OG, Book, Beal, and Gordon out there at the same time really tightens the pants, ya know?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Our version of the death lineup

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Moore's a hack and the Suns could end the DA trade speculation any time they want.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:16 pm
Moore's a hack and the Suns could end the DA trade speculation any time they want.
They're all hacks... It's their job to put their spin on things so they can pay the bills.

So why do you think the Suns haven't ended the speculation?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea but Moore's especially bad.

Obviously they haven't ended the trade speculation because they're in talks of some sort. If they weren't entertaining any offers at all they'd shoot it all down with a blanket statement.