2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by ShelC »

Jrue on the Ws would be a problem IMO and if they could move CP in the process and kill two birds with one stone?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I thought about that. I hope Jrue ends up in the east

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

That would be an interesting add for GSW, they’d be tough to beat, but could you imagine CP3 re-uniting with DA in Portland? Could be the funniest timeline.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:40 pm
Overblown YouTube title notwithstanding, I really enjoyed watching that clip. Just two intelligent guys talking about their craft and their particular specialization within it, with no shouting or overheated bullshit.

It’s a little hard to believe that both JJ and a guy like Perkins are considered to be basketball “analysts.” I guess there’s room for sloppy hot take artists, too, in the name of entertainment, but it bugs me when people feel like they should be taken in any way seriously.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

TOO

Post by TOO »

BKinSJC wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:56 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:
Overblown YouTube title notwithstanding, I really enjoyed watching that clip. Just two intelligent guys talking about their craft and their particular specialization within it, with no shouting or overheated bullshit.

It’s a little hard to believe that both JJ and a guy like Perkins are considered to be basketball “analysts.” I guess there’s room for sloppy hot take artists, too, in the name of entertainment, but it bugs me when people feel like they should be taken in any way seriously.
Never thought Redick was a hot take guy, he's usually pretty good imo. He regularly schools all of the ESPN blabbermouths.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:06 am
BKinSJC wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:56 pm
bajanguy008 wrote:

Never thought Redick was a hot take guy, he's usually pretty good imo. He regularly schools all of the ESPN blabbermouths.
100%... I was confused on people saying JJ doesn't know what he's talking about. He's very good at breaking down stuff and knows how to articulate it very well. I think he brings a lot more than most given his extensive career.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thinking he was making a contrast…JJ is the good end, Perk is the other end

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:48 am
Gotchya

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Split T wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:48 am
Yes, thanks Split. I guess I didn't phrase what I meant as clearly as I could have, so let me try again:

Both JJ and a guy like Perkins have the title or job description of basketball "analysts." I find this difficult to believe and strange, since only one of them in this case, JJ, is actually analyzing: thinking and talking in depth about aspects of basketball and trying to help his audience understand and appreciate more about the game. I enjoyed listening to JJ and Cam talk and I felt I knew a little bit more than I had before.

Perkins, and a number of other media people, also are considered "analysts" or "experts." But the vast majority of what they do is to come up with hot takes, delivered feverishly and loudly; if they can talk over somebody else while doing it, all the better. There's a degree of guilty-pleasure entertainment that can come from this, and there are guys that do it that I enjoy watching (Barkley, for instance, with his GUAR-AN-TEEs), but it does bug me when people decide that simply because these guys are on TV, they must know what they're talking about and should be taken seriously.

It probably wouldn't bother me as much, but I think it's a trickle-down to sports from what I see as a larger problem of confusing actual reporting with blatant editorializing within the media, so even though this is supposed to be just fun and lighthearted, it can do real damage. I'm probably skirting the line here, so I'll let it go at that.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just have no interest in anything Kendrick Perkins says or does. Every time I see somebody talking about him, it's because he has said something preposterous, like Dwyane Wade is better than Michael Jordan, or that the Jazz are going to win the 2023-24 title, or some stupid shit like that. Of all the major NBA analysts on TV, he seems like the #1 guy in terms of just making up incredibly ridiculous things to say, either because he's a moron or because he just wants attention and social media engagement (or both).

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

I still wonder if Perkins may have cost Nikola jokic the MVP, with his rant (that JJ called him out on).

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Embiid was winning after his head to head matchup. Media didn’t want to vote for Jokic again and was going to use any reason not to

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

His goal should be to surpass the franchise status of #22. ;)
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He looks happy…think he needed this. Contrary to what some might think, I hope he does well. I hope I have to be representing that Ayton avi all offseason next year. Good luck Deandre!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

What a fucking clown loser. What other player in the league refers to themselves in the third person with their self proclaimed nickname?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Morning Saucy! :lol: