All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:08 pm
We should all agree to keep all Ayton talk solely in here…I won’t discuss him outside this thread anymore(with an exception for game threads when we play Portland). I probably won’t even post in here anymore…it’s so tiresome.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:09 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:05 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:45 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:41 am
This... this right here is why we're frustrated with Ayton Jeremy. He say's he'll do the sacrificial thing but sure has a hard time showing it. He couldn't be a team player and just rebound and play defense. He pouted when he didn't get touches. The whole quote is laughable... He's like the boy who cried wolf.
Except he did do it, and helped us get to the Finals. The relationships became a bigger problem than the role.
And the last two years?
Ayton’s suspension robbed Book and the bubble Suns of a playoff run. You have to imagine what it was like being his teammate then.
Damn.. Drew, you're on a roll.... Honestly, that's something I haven't even thought about for a while. I mean I've thought about the suspension but forget that it technically cost them.
His suspension was when I truly considered he wasn’t going to be THAT guy. Then after the Bubble run I realized had Ayton not been suspended, Suns would have made the playoffs. And that would have meant a lot at that point. He sort of surprised during the Finals run but it was his last ditch moment to secure his bag, his play in the regular season was good to ok. Anyway I’m just purging the last of the Ayton bs. I’m ready for the regular season.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:11 pm
Split T wrote:
We should all agree to keep all Ayton talk solely in here…I won’t discuss him outside this thread anymore(with an exception for game threads when we play Portland). I probably won’t even post in here anymore…it’s so tiresome.
COSIGNED. I will not type Ayton's name in any thread other than this one from here on out.

Yours truly,
Superbone

Amended that I can type his name in a Suns/Portland game day thread as mentioned by Split above.
2nd Amendment: When he gets traded, I can type his name in those game day threads as well as the Around the League thread when the trade happens.

Prediction: He will have played for 5 teams or more when all is said and done.
I'll sign the same. Dude's name doesn't need for me to mention anymore in any other threads. Let him and his fans dream of him dominating with consistent effort. The story has been the same since college.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:41 am
This... this right here is why we're frustrated with Ayton Jeremy. He say's he'll do the sacrificial thing but sure has a hard time showing it. He couldn't be a team player and just rebound and play defense. He pouted when he didn't get touches. The whole quote is laughable... He's like the boy who cried wolf.
Except he did do it, and helped us get to the Finals. The relationships became a bigger problem than the role.
And the last two years?
That's when the second sentence of my post occurred. I'm confused as to your point?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:19 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

And the last two years?
Ayton’s suspension robbed Book and the bubble Suns of a playoff run. You have to imagine what it was like being his teammate then.
Damn.. Drew, you're on a roll.... Honestly, that's something I haven't even thought about for a while. I mean I've thought about the suspension but forget that it technically cost them.
His suspension was when I truly considered he wasn’t going to be THAT guy. Then after the Bubble run I realized had Ayton not been suspended, Suns would have made the playoffs. And that would have meant a lot at that point. He sort of surprised during the Finals run but it was his last ditch moment to secure his bag, his play in the regular season was good to ok.
This is a great point that really hasn't been discussed. At least not in recent years. I vaguely remember it may have come up at the time. Probably even before the bubble. That was 25 games out of a 82 game schedule or over a quarter of them. I know we were all very disappointed at the time. I was going to say even Jeremy but I've been down that road before. Somehow, it was probably a good thing Ayton had accomplished.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:21 pm
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
COSIGNED. I will not type Ayton's name in any thread other than this one from here on out.

Yours truly,
Superbone

Amended that I can type his name in a Suns/Portland game day thread as mentioned by Split above.
2nd Amendment: When he gets traded, I can type his name in those game day threads as well as the Around the League thread when the trade happens.

I'll sign the same. Dude's name doesn't need for me to mention anymore in any other threads. Let him and his fans dream of him dominating with consistent effort. The story has been the same since college.
If only everyone else would sign. :roll: When people bring him into threads, I'm going to respond. But I'm not bringing him up in unrelated threads.

I'm not the one who has a former Suns player in my username 13 years after he was traded. :P

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:24 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:19 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
Superbone wrote:

And the last two years?
His suspension was when I truly considered he wasn’t going to be THAT guy. Then after the Bubble run I realized had Ayton not been suspended, Suns would have made the playoffs. And that would have meant a lot at that point. He sort of surprised during the Finals run but it was his last ditch moment to secure his bag, his play in the regular season was good to ok.
This is a great point that really hasn't been discussed. At least not in recent years. I vaguely remember it may have come up at the time. Probably even before the bubble. That was 25 games out of a 82 game schedule or over a quarter of them. I know we were all very disappointed at the time. I was going to say even Jeremy but I've been down that road before. Somehow, it was probably a good thing Ayton had accomplished.
Fewer than 82 games that year; because of the covid stoppage, the Suns played 73, and went 34-39. It ended up being basically a third of the season for the suspension, and then he missed another ten games with injuries. Largely a lost season, at least until the bubble.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wolf keeps calling him a mad king on the radio. Lol. That nails it. Ayton always thought he brought it and dominated.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:37 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

Yours truly,
Superbone

If only everyone else would sign. :roll: When people bring him into threads, I'm going to respond. But I'm not bringing him up in unrelated threads.

I'm not the one who has a former Suns player in my username 13 years after he was traded. :P
I'm pretty sure at his older age, stoned from cannabis and several knee surgeries, Amare would still put up a fight and show Ayton a few things.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:42 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:

Yours truly,
Superbone

I'm pretty sure at his older age, stoned from cannabis and several knee surgeries, Amare would still put up a fight and show Ayton a few things.
I just find it funny for you to be talking about me not letting him go after 6 days, when you signed up with Amare in your username almost 4 years into his Knicks career.

bajanguy008

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by bajanguy008 »

Well I think despite everything most would be in DA corner to respond (on the court)

Actually, now I think about it
Draymond always would be trying to punk DA and I remember they getting in some tussles over rebounds/loose balls
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Y'all are arguing just to do it lol.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:00 pm
Come on season! Start already!

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:03 pm
TOO wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:00 pm
Come on season! Start already!
Anything is better than the endless Ayton ramblings

(He said from the endless Ayton thread)

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:57 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Yours truly,
Superbone

I just find it funny for you to be talking about me not letting him go after 6 days, when you signed up with Amare in your username almost 4 years into his Knicks career.
AIG was on the older message board under that same name. You have a problem with him wanting continuity over to the new board?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

BKinSJC wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:05 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

AIG was on the older message board under that same name. You have a problem with him wanting continuity over to the new board?
I don't have a problem with it. I just said I find the hypocrisy funny.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:06 pm
BKinSJC wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I don't think you know what hypocrisy is. If he spent 99% of his time posting about Amar'e, despite him no longer being a member of the Suns, then that would be hypocritical. Maintaining a user name is completely different.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:06 pm
BKinSJC wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

That's rich

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Yours truly,
Superbone

I'm an OG. Many of us existed before the latest .net, after sose left.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

I'm an OG. Many of us existed before the latest .net, after sose left.
LOL, says the guy who made his account a week before we drafted Ayton... Again, that's rich.