All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by TOO »

He's had 5 years to get better.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Centers take 10 to 15 years to develop.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:44 pm
He's had 5 years to get better.
In year 10: and his 6th team he’ll still be blaming everyone else.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If all he was working on was his 3 pt shot, then it was a good decision for him to do that elsewhere. That wasn't his biggest hole in his game, imo. Idk if it was even top 5. At this point, he's just a meme to me.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:03 pm
If all he was working on was his 3 pt shot, then it was a good decision for him to do that elsewhere. That wasn't his biggest hole in his game, imo. Idk if it was even top 5. At this point, he's just a meme to me.
Dude could just worked on initiating and finishing through contact and could have been a 20 ppg scorer.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Dude could just worked on initiating and finishing through contact and could have been a 20 ppg scorer.
But like one time for a month he led the Suns in scoring because they had nobody else, remember?

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:13 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
In2ition wrote:
But like one time for a month he led the Suns in scoring because they had nobody else, remember?
And had the greatest dunk in suns history, then went into fetal position for 2 years.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

So he feels nothing and he has no thoughts. Maybe he should go see a doctor. That sounds problematic.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:17 pm
So he feels nothing and he has no thoughts. Maybe he should go see a doctor. That sounds problematic.
Does it sound like he got a lobotomy?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That might actually improve his court awareness.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Exactly. When I heard that... I don't even know how to describe it. I am so done with him. THAT is what he thinks was missing from his game?! Moving on...
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:25 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
One hypothetical explanation…

https://ktvl.com/news/portland-is-the-b ... -products#

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

BKinSJC wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:48 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:25 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
One hypothetical explanation…

https://ktvl.com/news/portland-is-the-b ... -products#

Good point…. He probably thinks “blazers” team mascot is a giant blunt

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Drewsprocket wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Lol, he could be a 20 ppg scorer without changing anything about his game. He was literally an 18 ppg scorer. Just 3 more minutes per game would do it. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:14 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Lol, he could be a 20 ppg scorer without changing anything about his game. He was literally an 18 ppg scorer. Just 3 more minutes per game would do it. :lol:
OK, 25 ppg and 15 boards per game. Play through contact and boxing out would accomplish both but not our problem anymore.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:25 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
In2ition wrote:
OK, 25 ppg and 15 boards per game. Play through contact and boxing out would accomplish both but not our problem anymore.
That hasn’t been done since 1976, but okay…

I think I’m starting to see why Ayton didn’t meet everyone’s (insane) level of expectations…

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The level of expectations are set by the words he speaks about himself.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I think I’m starting to see why Ayton didn’t meet everyone’s (insane) level of expectations…
Persecution complex.

He didn’t want to do what we needed from him. We needed a dirt worker as Fitzsimmons used to call them.

Someone who’s going to bang down low, eat up space, a catalyst for the offense, someone who doesn’t need touches every game to be involved.

We needed someone who didn’t have a preconceived idea what their role should be. Ayton wanted different things than what this current team needed so it was time to move on for both parties. I’m sorry your favorite player got traded but it’s time to let go and move on like the organization has.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

iLLmatic wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:02 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:

Persecution complex.

He didn’t want to do what we needed from him. We needed a dirt worker as Fitzsimmons used to call them.

Someone who’s going to bang down low, eat up space, a catalyst for the offense, someone who doesn’t need touches every game to be involved.
Now that’s even more insane than expecting 25 & 15. You don’t draft a player #1 overall just for them to be a dirt worker.
iLLmatic wrote:
We needed someone who didn’t have a preconceived idea what their role should be. Ayton wanted different things than what this current team needed so it was time to move on for both parties. I’m sorry your favorite player got traded but it’s time to let go and move on like the organization has.
Time to move on? Lol, I’m not the one continuing to resurrect this thread every couple days with all this nonsense.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:29 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Persecution complex.

Now that’s even more insane than expecting 25 & 15. You don’t draft a player #1 overall just for them to be a dirt worker.
iLLmatic wrote:
Time to move on? Lol, I’m not the one continuing to resurrect this thread every couple days with all this nonsense.
Too bad we drafted a player #1 overall who shouldn’t have been drafted #1 overall. And pathetic that player couldn’t even commit to doing the basics at his position to help us win.