Suns News: Week 14 1/26-2/1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 14 1/26-2/1

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, that statement from Coach sounds really weak, like he didn't have the nerve to go through with his tech policy. Now it's totally unclear when or if he'd ever bench a guy for it. Sounds like he got cold feet.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Maybe it is a way to not losing the players. For better or worse, the coach and the players want to win and make the playoffs, so they have to find a way to make it work. There are already rumblings about moves, and there is already one guy basically out of the rotation because of a recent trade.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Maybe it is a way to not losing the players. For better or worse, the coach and the players want to win and make the playoffs, so they have to find a way to make it work. There are already rumblings about moves, and there is already one guy basically out of the rotation because of a recent trade.
I don't know. Plumlee played 20 minutes last game. I am not sure BW is going to be healthy enough to give us 20 mpg the entire season.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The tech thing seems bush league. I like that Horny is trying something new and holding guys accountable, but you shouldn't risk the game to punish a guy. If anything, fine them $5,000 for every tech. Hit them where it hurts.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:The tech thing seems bush league. I like that Horny is trying something new and holding guys accountable, but you shouldn't risk the game to punish a guy. If anything, fine them $5,000 for every tech. Hit them where it hurts.
Pretty sure the CBA prevents teams from doing that.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would have done something less severe like benching them for the rest of that quarter in which they got the tech. But it's too bad that now he has to reverse it and look weak as a leader. I do think that to a small degree Hornacek is losing some of the players, but I think part of this is that we have a weird collection of players who are developing some bad attitudes and bad habits.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
ShelC wrote:The tech thing seems bush league. I like that Horny is trying something new and holding guys accountable, but you shouldn't risk the game to punish a guy. If anything, fine them $5,000 for every tech. Hit them where it hurts.
Plus players are already fined by the league for each tech (escalating scale depending on how many Ts they have). And if they get suspended for 16 Ts, that hurts their pocketbook plenty.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
carey wrote:
Plus players are already fined by the league for each tech (escalating scale depending on how many Ts they have). And if they get suspended for 16 Ts, that hurts their pocketbook plenty.
It wasn't stopping them from getting the Ts though. I am not sure why the coach can't decide to not play them, I believe that he has that power. DNP - Coaches Decision.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
carey wrote:
It wasn't stopping them from getting the Ts though. I am not sure why the coach can't decide to not play them, I believe that he has that power. DNP - Coaches Decision.
He absolutely can decide that. At a certain point it becomes cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Indy wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Maybe it is a way to not losing the players. For better or worse, the coach and the players want to win and make the playoffs, so they have to find a way to make it work. There are already rumblings about moves, and there is already one guy basically out of the rotation because of a recent trade.
I don't know. Plumlee played 20 minutes last game. I am not sure BW is going to be healthy enough to give us 20 mpg the entire season.
Health is the key. If Wright can play, he is ahead of Plumlee until further notice.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

No Alex Len on Rising Stars roster:

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/560520928933994496

Maybe he makes it as an Olynyk replacement.

carey

Post by carey »

I'm sorry but that's fucking stupid.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Len should have been chosen over Bogdanovic.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:Len should have been chosen over Bogdanovic.
Over every big guy on that list. There's not a one I would take over him right now. Damn the league is stupid sometimes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

But that would have put 5 centers on the list.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Honestly, Wiggins shouldn't be listed as an international player. Canadians don't count.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Agreed. It should be NA vs the World or something like that.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It almost looks like the World Team list from the Nike Hoops Summit.

Len = Unknown/underrated

I still think it's weird that no one outside of Phoenix even knows anything about him or is aware of what he is doing.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Should let wiggins and Olynyk play for US roster, take two of lavine,pope, Or Burke off and add Len to international team

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Over every big guy on that list. There's not a one I would take over him right now.
That's fine. We all have our preferences. But objectively speaking, Gobert was better than Len last year (light years better) and has been statistically superior to him this year.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.