All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Mori Chu »

So here was the final stat line vs Embiid:

Joel Embiid: 35 points on 12-22 shooting; 2-4 3pt; 9-12 FT; 15 reb; 7 ast; 2 stl; 6 blk; 3 TO
Deandre Ayton: 7 points on 3-7 shooting; 0-0 3pt; 1-1 FT; 9 reb; 2 ast; 2 stl; 1 blk; 0 TO

Oooooooooooooof.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401584726

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Oof. Making me look dumb.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Thing is, he's now got the built in excuses of having a bad coach while playing on a bad young team. So before, the good coach hated him and refused to get him touches out of spite, now the new bad coach isn't smart enough to give him touches every possession and the young players don't know how to get him the ball. Poor Deandre.

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:52 am
Thing is, he's now got the built in excuses of having a bad coach while playing on a bad young team. So before, the good coach hated him and refused to get him touches out of spite, now the new bad coach isn't smart enough to give him touches every possession and the young players don't know how to get him the ball. Poor Deandre.
Don’t forget the refs. And the narrative. And the sneaky diuretic he didn’t know about.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

And the damn mandatory covid test that they just completely kept him out of the loop on despite everyone else showing up for it

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We should’ve known from his first Twitter post when he was drafted and forgot to replace the <insert name here> from the ad templates with his own name before posting that he wasn’t all there

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:25 pm
We should’ve known from his first Twitter post when he was drafted and forgot to replace the <insert name here> from the ad templates with his own name before posting that he wasn’t all there
Wait, what? Did that really happen?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:32 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:25 pm
Wait, what? Did that really happen?
Yes lol not exactly that but same premise
Last edited by specialsauce on Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

My bad... thought this was new.
Last edited by Kryptonic on Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

This is 2018 right after he was drafted

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:01 pm
2nd in scoring does not mean second option.
That's literally what "second option" means--second scoring option. He was not only second in PPG but also second in FGA and tied for second in combined FGA/FTA.

Please show me a definition of "second option" from an authoritative source that says otherwise.
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:30 pm
The fact that he was second in scoring despite being the 4th best Sun means that, I don’t know, maybe Monty wasn’t holding him back.
Or it means that he's insanely efficient in his shooting. I would say it's on you to prove that he was the 4th best Sun. He was #2 in scoring, #1 in rebounds, #1 in FG%, #1 in TS%, #2 in PER, #2 in WS/48, #3 in BPM.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:27 pm
The way his performance is trending, even the people who were upset with the perceived low trade return will also be proven wrong.
Funny how nobody is talking about his great defense, high level of defensive intensity, and career high in rebounding in 24.7 MPG. (You know, all of the things we were hoping to get from him this season if he remained on the Suns.)

He got in foul trouble a lot early on last season as well trying to get the officials to adjust to him, and then he had to adjust eventually.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:26 am

Joel Embiid: 35 points on 12-22 shooting; 2-4 3pt; 9-12 FT; 15 reb; 7 ast; 2 stl; 6 blk; 3 TO
Deandre Ayton: 7 points on 3-7 shooting; 0-0 3pt; 1-1 FT; 9 reb; 2 ast; 2 stl; 1 blk; 0 TO

Oooooooooooooof.

Funny how you didn't put the minutes or the fact that much of Embiid's destruction of Portland was when Ayton sat.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:15 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:27 pm
The way his performance is trending, even the people who were upset with the perceived low trade return will also be proven wrong.
Funny how nobody is talking about his great defense, high level of defensive intensity, and career high in rebounding in 24.7 MPG. (You know, all of the things we were hoping to get from him this season if he remained on the Suns.)

He got in foul trouble a lot early on last season as well trying to get the officials to adjust to him, and then he had to adjust eventually.
Nobody is talking about it because it's not true and that's obvious when watching the games, and "getting into foul trouble" is due to playing bad defense.

I'm also tired of this rebounding BS. He's the tallest guy on the court, so he better damn well get the most rebounds. Yet you're over here making him out to be some relentless rebounder chasing down everything off of the rim. It's absurd.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:17 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:26 am

Oooooooooooooof.

Funny how you didn't put the minutes or the fact that much of Embiid's destruction of Portland was when Ayton sat.
There's just no spin for those numbers, bub.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:52 am
In retrospect, maybe playing starter minutes alongside one of the best point guards in NBA history *didn't* hold him back?

carey

Post by carey »

I honestly can't believe we're still talking about him. I've completely moved on in my brain and I never even think about him unless you guys bring him up on the board. He's no longer our problem. We also don't need to rejoice in his failures, that's pretty low and I expect better from all but maybe a couple of you. ;)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:33 pm
I honestly can't believe we're still talking about him. I've completely moved on in my brain and I never even think about him unless you guys bring him up on the board. He's no longer our problem. We also don't need to rejoice in his failures, that's pretty low and I expect better from all but maybe a couple of you. ;)
He fucked our only ever #1 overall pick based on purely just a lack of giving a shit out there and doing too much drugs, and we paid him the max anyway and he couldn’t even be bothered to do basic role player big man stuff that this team needed (focus on defense and rebounding with a consistent effort in the playoffs) so yeah I’m going to not wish him the best