The Official Mr. ORNG thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Morris twins tied to possible assault probe

Post by Nodack »

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

Haha... :lol: I've talked to Mr. Orng a number of times after games, he's actually a really nice guy- big suns fan, but the orng thing is a bit much. I wish he had decided to be Mr. PRPL. Overall, slightly concerned for his skin health- can't be good to lather on that paint night after night.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The guy to his left, though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Nodack wrote:[ Image ]
Dudes a freak. I wonder what the other players think of him? 40 year old virgin comes to mind.

Robot

The Official Mr. ORNG thread

Post by Robot »

I've never thought too much about it but maybe we need a Mr.ORNG thread… like … should I think this guy is cool because he loves the Suns so much or should I be annoyed because 1.) how does he have so much time to do this ? 2.) how does he afford those seats? 3.) Is he trying to kill the Gorilla ? 4.) why is he… 'an authority' on the Suns and appear on talk shows ? 5.) how toxic is that paint 6.) his poor wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend must be irritated cause orange paint

-R

carey

Post by carey »

Robot wrote:I've never thought too much about it but maybe we need a Mr.ORNG thread… like … should I think this guy is cool because he loves the Suns so much or should I be annoyed because 1.) how does he have so much time to do this ? 2.) how does he afford those seats? 3.) Is he trying to kill the Gorilla ? 4.) why is he… 'an authority' on the Suns and appear on talk shows ? 5.) how toxic is that paint 6.) his poor wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend must be irritated cause orange paint

-R
I think he has a job with Target in some high lvl position? I know he's said before. He pays for all his own seats as well as tickets to away games and his own flights. I used to not like him but then I found out he donates a LOT of time and tickets etc to charity. That makes him A'ok in my book.

Edit: Also he called the Eric Gordon signing a couple years ago a full 24 hours before it happened. I told him no way we were going to give him a max deal and then i looked foolish. :p
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

Yeah not so sure we should be mocking a die hard Suns fan. If the guy wants to dress up in orange more power to him. It is good that the lower bowl has people like that to make noise. I bet he is in his seat at the beginning of the second half unlike what seems like half of the lower bowl which slowly trickles back in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LMAO Robot.

Nodack

Re: The Official Mr. ORNG thread

Post by Nodack »

Yeah, are concession stands that slow at half time that nobody can make it back to their seats before half the third quarter is gone or are they all just not that interested in the game?

carey

Post by carey »

Nodack wrote:Yeah, are concession stands that slow at half time that nobody can make it back to their seats before half the third quarter is gone or are they all just not that interested in the game?
I know at New Orleans arena the bathroom lines are awful & the beer lines can get a little out of hand.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:Yeah, are concession stands that slow at half time that nobody can make it back to their seats before half the third quarter is gone or are they all just not that interested in the game?
I don't usually go get concessions at half time. But last game I took my so to, he really wanted a pretzel. We left as soon as the buzzer sounded, and walked as fast as we could with the crowds. We got back to our seats with about 2 minutes to spare. But no bathroom break too. And we weren't in line where you could get beer.

carey

Post by carey »

The biggest issue is everything is a different damn line. A line for beer. One for cocktails. One for all the different foods. It adds up time wise (and money wise.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:The biggest issue is everything is a different damn line. A line for beer. One for cocktails. One for all the different foods. It adds up time wise (and money wise.)
If you're alone or with children you have to wait in all the different lines yourself, but if your party has multiple adults the waiting is easily parallelized.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I hate lines. If I want food at half time I go a couple minutes before the buzzer and watch the game on the 400 TVs they have all over the place while waiting in a short line. I hate traffic leaving the game, so I take my time leaving and usually go someplace for a drink like the Hard Rock Cafe or Majerle's until everybody else has left.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have a cold and am in bed blowing my nose every 30 seconds. Breathing out my nose would be nice, but as a result am posting way to much today.

I see I got credit for starting this thread and I want to protest that. :D

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My girl made me go on a 4-mile run with her just now because, in her words, "We're probably going to eat some gross hot dog for dinner at the game tonight, so I need to pre-burn it off."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Parts are parts.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:My girl made me go on a 4-mile run with her just now because, in her words, "We're probably going to eat some gross hot dog for dinner at the game tonight, so I need to pre-burn it off."
Hahaha, that's now how that works. But any reason to run is a good one. :)

Robot

Post by Robot »

Really happy about this thread's existence Mori !

No seriously - someone give me a breakdown on how he gets done up like that and how he takes the time to .

Okay - you are all busy people right ? Job, family, girl/boyfriends?? Imagine your life as it exists RIGHT NOW .. then .. you have season tickets to all the Suns games and you also need to slather orange paint, a wig, costume and related onto your body before and off of your body after.

You also have to get to the game [ does the paint get all over your land rover or whatever you drive? ] and get out - you probably have to flirt with whatever players/media are around . You also may have to talk to that one sports caster in AZ who wears a pukka shell necklace . ITS REALLY ALOT OF WORK to be a sort of marginal sports fan-lebrity ?

Not saying there is anything wrong with it - but, I'm saying, imagine adding this to your busy life and what sort of life might you have to want to do this and to have the time / desire to do it.

So many questions. So many.

- R

EDC

Post by EDC »

Perhaps he has a twin brother? The Suns do tend to draw brothers. Maybe they split the tickets and alternate putting on the Mr. Orange persona.

Could even be triplets.