Game Day: Suns (3-4) @ Bulls (3-5), Wed 11/8/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Game Day: Suns (3-4) @ Bulls (3-5), Wed 11/8/23

Post by JeremyG »

Guys, there are 8 female referees in the NBA now. It's not always the same one. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:41 am
Guys, there are 8 female referees in the NBA now. It's not always the same one. :P
Unless it is. 👀

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:10 am
He makes a lot of sense against certain teams. He really defended Derozan well. He could be a good option on Luka too. I do worry about what happens when we play teams like GS or Sacramento. Who guards Curry/Fox? Do we really want Beal/Book taking that on?
Nope. I think that's where you go JO. What's wrong with swapping KBD & JO depending on matchups?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:07 pm
Split T wrote:
He makes a lot of sense against certain teams. He really defended Derozan well. He could be a good option on Luka too. I do worry about what happens when we play teams like GS or Sacramento. Who guards Curry/Fox? Do we really want Beal/Book taking that on?
Nope. I think that's where you go JO. What's wrong with swapping KBD & JO depending on matchups?
This is where I am too. JO against the speedy, star-level PGs. KBD against the bigger star-level wings.

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

Didn’t see much of this one until watching a replay today. One thing I think this team lacks when Book isn’t playing is that type of step-on-your-throat/asshole type player who quashes attempted comebacks. This team has let a ton of leads evaporate in the early portion of the year in his absence.

Even when CP was here, he seemed to have a knack of throwing knockout blows and daggers in the late 3rd or early 4th that just took the wind out of teams trying to comeback.

Hope he takes the time he needs to come back healthy, but man he is missed.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Might be the best answer if everyone is on board… What do you do though if no one guards Okogie? Because it’s going to happen. Do you go back to KBD? Or do you go Allen and live with less defense because of the boost to the offense?

Split T

Post by Split T »

3TheHardaway wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:23 pm
Didn’t see much of this one until watching a replay today. One thing I think this team lacks when Book isn’t playing is that type of step-on-your-throat/asshole type player who quashes attempted comebacks. This team has let a ton of leads evaporate in the early portion of the year in his absence.

Even when CP was here, he seemed to have a knack of throwing knockout blows and daggers in the late 3rd or early 4th that just took the wind out of teams trying to comeback.

Ya KD doesn’t seem to be the guy who can just get any shot he wants anymore. Book can. I think Beal will be able to help here in time. He clearly didn’t have much in his tank for this game. Teams have been able to double KD quite a bit as well without being killed for it…that won’t be the case when Book is back.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

3TheHardaway wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:23 pm

This is a good point. KD is still an assassin, but I think he's exhausted from carrying the team the whole game, so it's hard to also close out the game. I bet when Book comes back he can help a lot with this.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:27 pm
carey wrote:
Split T wrote:
Might be the best answer if everyone is on board… What do you do though if no one guards Okogie? Because it’s going to happen. Do you go back to KBD? Or do you go Allen and live with less defense because of the boost to the offense?
Have him be a screener or keep him in the dunker spot. With Nurk playing outside, it's viable.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think people will guard Nurk either. I think Okogie becomes unplayable if he’s not being guarded. Only room for 1 guy like that and I think it’s Nurk. He’s a much better screener and short roll playmaker.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I trust Okogie's corner 3 a bit more than last season, but he's completely unreliable above the break and it's really unfortunate because he deserves to play more based on all of the other stuff he brings to a lineup.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya if he could just become a league average shooter he’d be so valuable.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

One thing I forgot to mention is that I notice that Yuta makes some really bad passes which become turnovers. I’ve seen a couple times when he’s passed the ball to guys’ ankles. I don’t know if it’s just a matter of him slowing down or what.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I haven’t liked when he tries to do anything with the ball except shoot