Game Day: Timberwolves (8-2) @ Suns (4-6), Wed 11/15/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day: Timberwolves (8-2) @ Suns (4-6), Wed 11/15/23

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Team is just completely different with the MVP of the league available

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:52 pm
Up 20 and still not feeling confident.
How about now?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Postgame Quotes and Videos
Spoiler: show/hide

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kinda quiet here after a dominating win against one of the hottest teams in the league.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:30 am
Kinda quiet here after a dominating win against one of the hottest teams in the league.
Hard to get too excited when you beat a team that’s playing with their best player.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Thought everyone looked good, TWolves looked like they were on a B2B. Book looked like he didn't miss a beat and really helped create space for others. He also gave us the ballhandler and game manager we'd been missing. Yea guys like Goodwin, Allen, EG can handle the ball, but they can't run the team and manage situations like Book. Maybe Book can help bring someone like Goodwin along like he learned from CP. TWolves cut into the lead a bit in the 4th but weren't ever a threat. Good to see us close it out and keep most everyone's minutes managable. KD played 35 but it didn't seem like a "hard" 35.

Interestingly, Yuta got more minutes than KBD against a bigger team where you'd think KBD would see more action. Maybe Vogel wanted to see Yuta's shooting next to KD and Book but Yuta only went 1-6. Still played hard and had some good defensive possessions I thought. Okogie and Goodwin were active and it obviously helps when Okogie is hitting his shots. Just not sure why he can't consistently do it at this point, same thing as last season.

Hopefully Book stays healthy and we can get some continuity going. Beal will be back eventually, but we can maintain well enough with Book and KD.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:29 pm
I'm down to my last reverse jinx tactic; I bet on the Wolves to win.

Vegas has the Suns as 5-point favorites, so I suppose that should make us feel a little optimistic.
I put $5 on the Wolves when the payout was going to be $80 at halftime. I thought I would win either way. If the Suns win, the was worth it and the Basketball gods demanded the sacrifice. If the Wolves won, I would have had a little lunch money for the week.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Quick, FF, bet the Suns NOT to win the title this year. :-)

Cap

Post by Cap »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:13 pm
Book on court: +0
Book off court: +18

Weird.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Book in attack mode means KD got a quiet 31 points on 15 shots. Beautiful to watch. On top of that we got the good versions of EG and JO. Yuta is fun to root for, but damn dude. Love his energy, but not the nervous energy that goes into his shot. He just needs to settle down, because he can play.

It was really good to see the Suns face their demons at the start of the 4th quarter. Minnesota was on a big run (17-5?) with the Suns looking out of sorts and coughing up the ball. But they calmed down and went back to playing good ball. Bravo, Suns. I hope they can hold on to that.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:51 am
specialsauce wrote:

Weird.
Confirmed... He's a bum. ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cap wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Weird.
KD quietly had an amazing game.

Split T

Post by Split T »

One time in college I was on an intramural team…we were quite good and eventually won the championship, but it one of the quarter final games, we had a big lead at half time and our star player left because he needed to get ready for a flight that evening. We proceeded to nearly blow a 20 point half time lead in about 5 minutes. His gf stayed behind and watched and called him at some point and said you should probably come back…anyways, he came back with us only up about 5. We proceeded to go on a big run and push the lead back to 15 or so and comfortably won. Funny story is he didn’t even score any points after coming back.

I’m not exactly sure this makes a lot of sense, but sometimes just having your best player in the game makes everyone else relax and just play basketball. Everyone can just play the role they know. Now you’d hope you’d have guys step up and be willing to take on bigger roles in a pinch, but doesn’t seem like this team is there yet.

For those wondering, I was our teams 2nd best player…I was pretty good at basketball in my early/mid 20’s, but I dropped the ball that game. Made up for it in the next one though haha

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:48 pm
One time in college I was on an intramural team…we were quite good and eventually won the championship, but it one of the quarter final games, we had a big lead at half time and our star player left because he needed to get ready for a flight that evening. We proceeded to nearly blow a 20 point half time lead in about 5 minutes. His gf stayed behind and watched and called him at some point and said you should probably come back…anyways, he came back with us only up about 5. We proceeded to go on a big run and push the lead back to 15 or so and comfortably won. Funny story is he didn’t even score any points after coming back.

I’m not exactly sure this makes a lot of sense, but sometimes just having your best player in the game makes everyone else relax and just play basketball. Everyone can just play the role they know. Now you’d hope you’d have guys step up and be willing to take on bigger roles in a pinch, but doesn’t seem like this team is there yet.

For those wondering, I was our teams 2nd best player…I was pretty good at basketball in my early/mid 20’s, but I dropped the ball that game. Made up for it in the next one though haha

Cool story split…. I miss hooping and running the court with my boys. Since I’m no longer able to run with the big boys I started having my boys go against my son and his hs varsity basketball team. Needless to say the old guys wiped the court with the young ones and was pretty hilarious. Was a yearly thing until they all started college this year… every year, old guys won.

When I was able to play… I was more of a facilitator and defensive guy because my shot sucked… bad. lol. I tried to fix it for years… nope. Come to find out it has more to do with pinched nerves in my neck that were ruining my mechanics. Needless to say… made sure my kids could shoot. lol. One time we were playing a city league against the guys from my hs team that would never let me play with them (this started back in grade school and they all continued on together).. well my boys and I faced them in the league championships… and beat them. Wasn’t so much because of me but dang did it feel good. 😊

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Weird.
Yeah, doesn't meet the eye test.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:48 pm

What I was really wondering was whether he made his flight or not. ;)

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's a pun here about "traveling."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »