Suns News: Week 14 1/26-2/1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
cbesch5

Re: Suns News: Week 14 1/26-2/1

Post by cbesch5 »

As much as it sucks, I think it is encouraging that we are staying close in almost every game. It tells me that if we clean up a couple small things (which will hopefully come with more experience), we could be winning these close ones vs losing. If that next steps happens next year, I think we could surprise some teams and be a mid seed playoff team.

There will definitely be some roster tweaks here and there, but in my optimistic view, I am very happy with our core of players.

Bled/Dragic/IT/Keiff/Marcus/Len/Wright/Plum/Tucker

I think we are starting to see the past few games, that Green is not as important as we all believed, especially with IT able to score at will off the bench (most games). Priority #1 in my opinion is re-signing Dragic and to a lesser extent Wright.

All in all - I am excited about the remainder of this season and moving into next.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Alright, this guy is obviously a Suns employee ^^

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

If by a couple small things you mean the tiny brains of morri, Thomas, Tucker and Green, then sure clean a couple small things up and we're good. Can't fix stupid.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I do agree with a more balanced view. We're not a horrible team, and if we just mostly keep the same core together, we WILL get better due to natural maturation and improvement with age. We do need to decide what we are going to do about Dragic and Green, though. It seems at this point like both might have to leave, which is a bummer to me.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I'll disagree completely. I don't think we're anything better (and this is our MAX ceiling) than second round fodder with this group. It takes smarts and toughness to win a championship, neither of which our players have.

Now if tweaks mean ridding of the players mentioned above, then yes I think you can win with Dragic, Bledsoe and Len with the addition of a #1 and a group of high IQ role players.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:I'll disagree completely. I don't think we're anything better (and this is our MAX ceiling) than second round fodder with this group. It takes smarts and toughness to win a championship, neither of which our players have.

Now if tweaks mean ridding of the players mentioned above, then yes I think you can win with Dragic, Bledsoe and Len with the addition of a #1 and a group of high IQ role players.
Yeah, I don't think we can compete for a ring with anyone on the current team as our primary option.

And I will add Bledsoe to the group that continues to make dumb decisions. I really appreciate that he is likely our best rebounder, but the decisions he makes with the ball have me yell at the screen every damn game, multiple times. He did a great job yesterday in the first half (I think he go through it with zero TOs), but his decisions in the last minute is one of the key reasons we lost. I don't think he is going to fix that. BBIQ doesn't seem to get a lot better or a lot worse as you go on, just your ability to make that right play from a speed/timing/physical ability.

carey

Post by carey »

cbesch5 wrote:As much as it sucks, I think it is encouraging that we are staying close in almost every game. It tells me that if we clean up a couple small things (which will hopefully come with more experience), we could be winning these close ones vs losing. If that next steps happens next year, I think we could surprise some teams and be a mid seed playoff team.
Experience is doing absolutely nothing for us so far. Stolen from a BSotS post...
The Suns were 6-12 in games decided by five or less points last season. That was 29th in %.

This season they are 6-12 in those games (doesn’t include 2OT loss to Memphis). 26th in % right now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Not sure if that guy was a Suns employee and I'd hope we don't push away new posters or those that frequent the forums and don't post as frequently by labeling those individuals the few times they finally decide to say a few words. They'll likely continue to not contribute if they feel unwelcome.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Biggest issues are the 3 and 4 positions. I think Tucker is a guy every team needs.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:Not sure if that guy was a Suns employee and I'd hope we don't push away new posters or those that frequent the forums and don't post as frequently by labeling those individuals the few times they finally decide to say a few words. They'll likely continue to not contribute if they feel unwelcome.
Agreed.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

INFORMER wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Not sure if that guy was a Suns employee and I'd hope we don't push away new posters or those that frequent the forums and don't post as frequently by labeling those individuals the few times they finally decide to say a few words. They'll likely continue to not contribute if they feel unwelcome.
Agreed.
thirded

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I hate this so much.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Which part?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The direction of the team.

carey

Post by carey »

So only a few people can make jokes and eye roll around here? Come on.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

No, but we should be a bit nicer to newcomers. Once you have been here a while is when we can be asses. :P

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:So only a few people can make jokes and eye roll around here? Come on.
Unless someone posts something completely ridiculous, I don't think someone's first posts should be met with ridicule, especially when it's a thoughtful take with elaboration.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

And to be clear, I'm not condemning Saucy. I just agree with AIG's general point.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

INFORMER wrote:The direction of the team.
And what direction is that?

EDC

Post by EDC »

I think we should go overspend and get another young promising seven footer to go next to Len. Build around some twin towers.