Game Day: Suns (28-22) @ Blazers (33-16), Thurs 2/5/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Game Day: Suns (28-22) @ Blazers (33-16), Thurs 2/5/15

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Pretty solid chance we fall out of the top 8 w/o Len. Bah, perennial 8th seed chase here we come. Can't wait til we make bad trade to keep our play-off spot.
We already made our move for this eventuality when we traded for Wright. Losing Len for a couple of weeks still hurts, but not nearly as much as it would have before the Wright trade. So give the FO some props for being prepared.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:I'm ready to see how Archie does with Gerald Green's minutes.
You know what's funny? I was thinking at the start of the 4th quarter that I would have had Tyler Ennis in that lineup instead of Gerald Green.

I feel like the foursome of Thomas, Green, and the Morris Twins should never be on the court together. Just too little BBall IQ and not enough willingness to pass (and make the good and right pass).

I don't think Ennis is anything special (ditto for future superstar and franchise cornerstone Archie Goodwin), but I do think he could play well with Thomas and inject some smarts into that lineup.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:We should have traded Len and 3 first rounds picks for Gasol when we had the chance.
Trying to beat him to the punch?
Beat whom?
;)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Indy wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:I liked CJ McCollum from the video i saw of him out of Lehigh.
Yeah, he was one of the guys I wanted the Suns to draft. He's a terrible fit in Portland with Damian Lillard. I still don't understand that pick for them (even though him and Lillard are allegedly boys).
You would think that would be easily confirmed in the showers after each game.
Oh brother.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Cap wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Pretty solid chance we fall out of the top 8 w/o Len. Bah, perennial 8th seed chase here we come. Can't wait til we make bad trade to keep our play-off spot.
We already made our move for this eventuality when we traded for Wright. Losing Len for a couple of weeks still hurts, but not nearly as much as it would have before the Wright trade. So give the FO some props for being prepared.
FWIW, -26 tonight.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

My guess is the length of the Portland's front line bothered his game which makes him effective.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

iLLmatic wrote:My guess is the length of the Portland's front line bothered his game which makes him effective.
Length is one of Wright's most touted advantages.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Yeah, and that advantage was taken away.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
You know what's funny? I was thinking at the start of the 4th quarter that I would have had Tyler Ennis in that lineup instead of Gerald Green.

I feel like the foursome of Thomas, Green, and the Morris Twins should never be on the court together. Just too little BBall IQ and not enough willingness to pass (and make the good and right pass).

I don't think Ennis is anything special (ditto for future superstar and franchise cornerstone Archie Goodwin), but I do think he could play well with Thomas and inject some smarts into that lineup.
Spot on. That lineup was absolutely brutal. I think I commented on it during the game, but not only offensively but defensively as well. Hornecek left them out there way to long. There were 3 point shooters, like Wes Matthews and Batum and Blake, wide open on every possession. Its wrong just to single out Green and no doubt Green getting hot has won us some games this yr, but I'd move him at the deadline for anything at this pt. Its obvious we aren't going to retain him and he could maybe help a contender down the stretch.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

https://twitter.com/alexlen/status/563599564801073152

TOO

Post by TOO »

Nice.

As for the hashtag, pfffft, Suns fans cant even get louder than Bulls fans on their homecourt. Like 220 people care about this tweet.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:We should have traded Len and 3 first rounds picks for Gasol when we had the chance.
the funny thing is the lakers werent even asking that much for gasol (or len for that matter).

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Trying to beat him to the punch?
good news is this is where the wright trade comes in. plumlee and wright can keep suns affloat. the 3 pg system cant.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:I love that we can have the lead half way through the 4th quarter, and still lose by 20!
We seem to be doing that a lot lately. It's amazing how the chemistry on this team ebbs and flows. We go on bad streaks and good streaks. No consistency.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Didnt watch the super bowl halftime show cap? :D
I did but I don't remember a left shark nor a right one for that matter.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:I liked CJ McCollum from the video i saw of him out of Lehigh.
Yeah, he was one of the guys I wanted the Suns to draft. He's a terrible fit in Portland with Damian Lillard. I still don't understand that pick for them (even though him and Lillard are allegedly boys).
I'm almost positive they both have penises.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:

https://twitter.com/alexlen/status/563599564801073152

Pop, pop, fizz, fizz...

"Be Legendary."

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I'm impressed by how Alex took the ankle blow. That kind of body, you'd think he'd be prone to some bad ones. Rolled it pretty bad, but yeah, putting weight on it. Good sign. :)

Third game I couldn't watch this season - and I don't think I'll watch in the archives.

INF, were you really that particularly high on Rudy? I remember your McCollum and Olynyk love, but I didn't think anyone really knew Rudy would be as mobile and athletic as he is.

Someone said Len and Dragic have no chemistry - damn right. I put it on Dragic, myself. He seems to have no desire to work with Alex, help make him better. One of the things that's really turned me off to Goran's game this year. Not as selfless as you'd think...

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

Spot on. That lineup was absolutely brutal. I think I commented on it during the game, but not only offensively but defensively as well. Hornecek left them out there way to long. There were 3 point shooters, like Wes Matthews and Batum and Blake, wide open on every possession. Its wrong just to single out Green and no doubt Green getting hot has won us some games this yr, but I'd move him at the deadline for anything at this pt. Its obvious we aren't going to retain him and he could maybe help a contender down the stretch.

Time to show some spine and try some new combinations. I'm not terribly impressed with the coaching staff this year.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, it feels too much like that second year of Frank Johnson, where he lost all clue as to the feel for who should be out there, the matchups, the substitution patterns, and the lineup combinations. "Lost all clue" is a bit harsh, but I have been having a problem understanding what he's trying to do at times.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass