Around the League: Week 15 2/2-2/8

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
OE32

Re: Around the League: Week 15 2/2-2/8

Post by OE32 »

INFORMER wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'm not even sure I could call trading Len and a bunch of what ifs an overpayment really.
Exactly. I'm not advocating the trade, but that price is fair and probably still wouldn't get the deal done. Let's not overrate our prospects.
I'll take my diversified portfolio of young, amiable, contractually-controlled prospects over the scowling DeMarcus. Not the type of basket you put all your eggs in, imo.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Also unsaid by Charles, being a good NBA player has very little to do with being a good executive. In some instances it may make you a worse executive.

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:Also unsaid by Charles, being a good NBA player has very little to do with being a good executive. In some instances it may make you a worse executive.
Boom. You just hit the nail on the head. But he will never say that because for some unknown reason he wants to run a team. Woe is the franchise that hires Chuck. He can't even form a complete sentence most of the time.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

cbesch5

Post by cbesch5 »

If you could trade Bledsoe + Len + Picks for Cousins would you do it?

I think I would, if it meant we re-signed Dragic & Wright.

I think a starting lineup of IT/Dragic/Tucker/Keiff/Cousins is pretty good. We don't lose depth in the deal, we just clear a jam at PG to get Ennis/Warren/Goodwin some minutes.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I just don't have confidence in winning with Cousins.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm 50/50 on him. He could be the Rasheed Wallace of his generation but does seem like he's maturing and has a good head on his shoulders. He's only 24, not like he's 28 or 29.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:I just don't have confidence in winning with Cousins.
You surround a Dragic/Cousins duo with shooters and defenders, I think you're in a great position to succeed.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Agreed. Cousins will be a winner, when he grows up a little and is surrounded by a talented bunch of veterans. He is still young, but his act is wearing thin.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:Agreed. Cousins will be a winner, when he grows up a little and is surrounded by a talented bunch of veterans. He is still young, but his act is wearing thin.
His act reminds me of a young Zach Randolph.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I dont even mind a little crazy in my superstars, I think its a trait you have to have today.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Yeah, Randolph is a good comp. Cousins is more talented and bigger, but it's a good comp in temperament. Btw, I wouldn't include Len in a trade for Cousins. I would want Len to play beside Cousins, much like Memphis with Randolph and Gasol.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

cbesch5

Post by cbesch5 »

I obviously would not want to give up Len either, but I just don't see how we can offer an acceptable package to SAC w/o Len in it.

They don't want IT back. Bledsoe + picks is just not enough in my opinion. Unless they are high on PJ or Keiff?

Maybe Bled + Morii + picks?

IT/Dragic/PJ/Cousins/Len
Ennis/Green/Warren/Wright/Plum

Not bad I guess...I would probably do that if I was PHX. But in this scenario, I would not be thrilled at giving up much in terms of picks. Especially considering Keiff's apparently 'friendly' contract.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I just wouldn't give up Len in a trade for Cousins. I still think he is trending up. This is like his rookie year and he is only going to be that much better next year and the year after. Hard worker with an edge. Offensively and defensively gifted, but isn't a head case, still young.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:Yeah, Randolph is a good comp. Cousins is more talented and bigger, but it's a good comp in temperament. Btw, I wouldn't include Len in a trade for Cousins. I would want Len to play beside Cousins, much like Memphis with Randolph and Gasol.
Yeah, wasn't comparing their games, just their temperaments. I see a lot of Portland-era ZBo in Cousins.

SDC

Post by SDC »

cbesch5 wrote:If you could trade Bledsoe + Len + Picks for Cousins would you do it?

I think I would, if it meant we re-signed Dragic & Wright.

I think a starting lineup of IT/Dragic/Tucker/Keiff/Cousins is pretty good. We don't lose depth in the deal, we just clear a jam at PG to get Ennis/Warren/Goodwin some minutes.
in a heartbeat.

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition wrote:I just wouldn't give up Len in a trade for Cousins. I still think he is trending up. This is like his rookie year and he is only going to be that much better next year and the year after. Hard worker with an edge. Offensively and defensively gifted, but isn't a head case, still young.
len is nothing like marc gasol. and he'll never become one as long as he's playing with bledsoe.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would absolutely trade our assets for Cousins, even though he is insane. You can win a title with a guy like him.

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:I just wouldn't give up Len in a trade for Cousins.
Then you wouldn't trade for Cousins.

I'm not saying you're wrong to refuse to trade Len, but if you aren't going to offer Len, calling the Kings about Cousins is a waste of time. Not much time, though. You say, "You can have anybody on our roster except Len," and they hang up on you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote: I would want Len to play beside Cousins, much like Memphis with Randolph and Gasol.
I really don't think that would work as well.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
In2ition wrote:I just wouldn't give up Len in a trade for Cousins.
Then you wouldn't trade for Cousins.

I'm not saying you're wrong to refuse to trade Len, but if you aren't going to offer Len, calling the Kings about Cousins is a waste of time. Not much time, though. You say, "You can have anybody on our roster except Len," and they hang up on you.
That's fine, I'm not desperate to get Cousins.