Possible places to trade goran before trade deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: Possible places to trade goran before trade deadline

Post by Sunsfan4life »

BTW, not a good look for Dragic bad mouthing the suns front office in public. Not sure what there issues are, but never a good idea to tell the media after a practice.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Cap

Post by Cap »

I don't want to pay him $20M/yr anyway, so I think a parting of ways is in the best interests of both player and team. I just wish there weren't so much bitterness and drama around it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

It's all out in the open now, such a ridiculous situation.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:I don't want to pay him $20M/yr anyway, so I think a parting of ways is in the best interests of both player and team. I just wish there weren't so much bitterness and drama around it.
Agreed. Not sure why this couldn't be kept in house.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

and the bitterness doesn't make sense from what we know. What exactly did the Suns lie about? They want to re-sign him, They are willing to jettison IT, Bledsoe's situation didn't change from october when Dragic said He definitely wants to stay in Phoenix. So what exactly changed from then to now?

But agree wtih cap. I love Goran but its a business. Just wish he'd keep it out of the media
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:It's all out in the open now, such a ridiculous situation.
Its Dragic's camp who's leaking it and I dunno why. The only thing I can come up with is he knows Ryan is close to trading him to a team he doesn't want to go to instead of Miami/LA/NYK and he is mad about it.

It doesn't make sense for the suns to leak that he has demanded a trade and has a list of teams.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:It's all out in the open now, such a ridiculous situation.
Its Dragic's camp who's leaking it and I dunno why. The only thing I can come up with is he knows Ryan is close to trading him to a team he doesn't want to go to instead of Miami/LA/NYK and he is mad about it.

It doesn't make sense for the suns to leak that he has demanded a trade and has a list of teams.
Maybe there's something I'm missing here, but I don't understand why McD would care about where Dragic wants to end up. If he wants out, then we ship his ass out to the team offering the best deal. Goran can figure the rest out in free agency.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I agree...but thats my only theory of why he is so bitter toward the front office after last nights meeting.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I know I should be angry at the front office for botching things, but all I'm feeling at the moment is contempt with Goran. This is a nasty breakup, and my heart can't handle it.

Well fuck you too, Dragic!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Cap wrote:I don't want to pay him $20M/yr anyway, so I think a parting of ways is in the best interests of both player and team. I just wish there weren't so much bitterness and drama around it.
This pretty much sums up where I'm at with it all. It's sad and bizarre it 's ended up where it has

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

When Goran says he has lost 'trust' in the front office, there's some major implications there. It has to mean that at some point the front office made a promise to him and broke it.

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

I'm okay with losing Goran, obviously it would be ideal to receive some assets in return. Or even bundle up a number of players with him to increase our return. But hopefully this creates opportunity for our younger players to get some PT. The suns team, in its current state, isn't going anywhere. Even if we managed to scrape our way into the playoffs this year, we'll be bounced quickly. I'd much rather see some development from our young guys than make moves to help us make the playoffs this year... as if that's the end goal.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He sabotaged our season for his little princess midseason demands. You couldn't shut your mouth for half a season and work hard and be a professional and then walk at the end of the year? He has 7.5 million reasons this year to go f*#& himself and his useless brother

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

His brother is the the reason this got personal in the first place...

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

McD thoughts on Goran right now:
How can you just leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold (So cold)
Maybe I'm just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like my father too bold
Maybe you're just like my mother
She's never satisfied (She's never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other?
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wally_West wrote:McD thoughts on Goran right now:
How can you just leave me standing?
Alone in a world that's so cold (So cold)
Maybe I'm just too demanding
Maybe I'm just like my father too bold
Maybe you're just like my mother
She's never satisfied (She's never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other?
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry
Thank you for that.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Xylus wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:

Maybe there's something I'm missing here, but I don't understand why McD would care about where Dragic wants to end up. If he wants out, then we ship his ass out to the team offering the best deal. Goran can figure the rest out in free agency.
Exactly. Fuck Goran. We ship him to wherever we feel nets us the best assets, enough being this nice guy organization, I'm sick of it.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

azsportsfan wrote:His brother is the the reason this got personal in the first place...
I believe that. We attempted to rectify the situation and find a willing trade partner for IT3. Everything was ice cream and candy last season and now? If he had issues with Bledsoe why not voice that to management last off-season until waiting till the deadline? Send him packing.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

It's like the guy who has two girlfriends. It doesn't help when he says, "But I love BOTH of you." This is a no win situation.

They HAVE to cut ties with one, maybe two of the pg's. Goran it is. Given his free agency and the cost, its for the best.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

iLLmatic wrote:
azsportsfan wrote:His brother is the the reason this got personal in the first place...
I believe that. We attempted to rectify the situation and find a willing trade partner for IT3. Everything was ice cream and candy last season and now? If he had issues with Bledsoe why not voice that to management last off-season until waiting till the deadline? Send him packing.
Thats what makes no sense. Judging by his statements he had a problem with last year as well. So everyone saying "IT ruinied what we had last yr" the comment by dragic saying he hasn't liked his usuage in two years says he didn't like it last yr despite us improving so much and him getting all nba 3rd team.

Another interesting rumor, and this is just pure speculation, is Dragic and IT got into a locker room altercation earlier this yr and the MoBros 1 or both stepped in and took IT's side. Just pure speculation but its from an insider over at Real GM.