Suns News: Week 17 2/16-2/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Xylus

Re: Suns News: Week 17 2/16-2/22

Post by Xylus »

Gambo ranting and raving on the radio right now about how we should have signed Channing. He's also saying we should call Goran's bluff.

Nope and nope.

carey

Post by carey »

Xylus wrote:Gambo ranting and raving on the radio right now about how we should have signed Channing. He's also saying we should call Goran's bluff.

Nope and nope.
Yeah, I just tweeted him that he's being ridiculous. Lets reward this outburst with a 5 year $100Mil deal! Sweet!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Call his bluff... Hah! Foolish.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

If Goran is gone by tomorrow, and we don't get a play-now player in return, what does the lineup look like? Does Gerald start and Archie slide into backup SG?

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

BearHoward wrote:If Goran is gone by tomorrow, and we don't get a play-now player in return, what does the lineup look like? Does Gerald start and Archie slide into backup SG?
Start Zoran and pretend nothing happened?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Doesn't the league have a policy against publicly demanding a trade? He hasn't "demanded" anything per se, but he sure if speaking freely while under contract and making it seem as if he's a goner. It's not July 1st yet buddy, if we don't trade you, you might still have to play another 40 games for us.

He's obviously trying to force our hand. If he wants out this badly and has his mind made up, how can we put him on the floor the rest of the year and expect a full effort? I'm not saying he'd dog it, but it'd be in the back of everyone's mind and wouldn't exactly be great for lockerroom chemistry. I get that he's frustrated, but he's not exactly handling this the right way.

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

I am sure the media firestorm at a practice is a little unsettling for everyone as well.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That had to be an awkward as fuck practice today. :lol:

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

What a shit show. I can't believe we are going to lose Goran...again. Bledsoe hasn't done anything in this league yet but I guess we're investing in potential with him. Alot of divas on this Suns team. Hard to root for that.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

EDC

Post by EDC »

The family stuff with Goran is interesting. Zoran had other options but he chose to come to Phoenix. He isn't great but he did seem to have other teams interested in him. The Suns probably told him he would get playing time. Then they try to send him to the D-league after having played for better teams over in Europe.

Suns need to be careful about what they promise. You go back on enough of them and people get pissed off.

None of it really matters I guess. I have a hard time backing the front office in this situation when they seem to think our offense is running well. Coaches comments make it seem like he is happy with the way the ball is being moved out on the court. We have talked about the bad offensive sets from almost day one of the season on this board.

He will be traded and it sucks but there is no going back now.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

If Goran, IT and Bled aren't happy with their touches, imagine how the big men feel.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Goran is making it really easy for me to let him go. His recent words sounds more along a tantrum than a business man. If he doesn't owe us nothing, then we as fans neither. Go get your millions boy, and be happy about it.

Broken promises... he knew his brother was coming into an overcrowded backcourt, with A CHANCE to crack the rotation. He knew we were going to try that "hydra" system and didn't demanded a trade then.

Goran is taking the Word in the media on the reasons why he should be leaving and repeating it as karaoke. His desired destinations call his bluff, no way he is going to run a team over Wade, Melo and Kobe.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Xylus wrote:Gambo ranting and raving on the radio right now about how we should have signed Channing. He's also saying we should call Goran's bluff.

Nope and nope.
I have no idea how this idiot has a job in sports broadcast, the only sport he knows anything about is boxing.

Yes Gambo, let's call his bluff so he walks and leaves us with nothing. What a BRILLIANT idea.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

The worst thing about this how it looks like we run a very undisciplined organization. How is Thomas going to react now that it's out in the open that we would get rid of him if that's what it took to keep Goran?

It looks like some players carried special favor with the front office and coaching staff (like Zoran). I think this whole situation brings up the question of, "Are we playing our best players? Or are some guys getting preferred treatment?" I'd love to be able to watch the practices and find out if any of the rookies or young guys are outplaying the guys on the court right now. It took a long time to get Len on the court; maybe that was symptomatic of the situation behind the scenes.

azsportsfan

Post by azsportsfan »

I think the language "barrier" gets in the way sometimes. I think that he means he wants to run the team as in be the PG - not necessarily be the best on the team, or carry the team, or be the highest paid "superstar" on a team... Just MHO.
I just want it to be solved to clear up the jam, cause the team vibe is horrible right now.

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

I actually agree with Gambo. It isn't necessarily calling his bluff, but rather using the next two months as a free agent pitch. The Suns are likely getting crap offers based upon the lack of leverage. If he walks, the Suns likely aren't missing out on much in terms of assets that are available at the deadline. Trade Thomas, modify Dragic's role and lets go.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

It happens. The Front office is taking a pounding right now, but again I just find it very unlike Goran to come out in the media and leak this after all his nice things he said about phoenix a few months ago.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

jkalldaway wrote:I actually agree with Gambo. It isn't necessarily calling his bluff, but rather using the next two months as a free agent pitch. The Suns are likely getting crap offers based upon the lack of leverage. If he walks, the Suns likely aren't missing out on much in terms of assets that are available at the deadline. Trade Thomas, modify Dragic's role and lets go.
Not really. Whoever he gets traded to retains his rights and can sign him for 5 years, plus they have 40 games to pitch their organization to him.

carey

Post by carey »

jkalldaway wrote:I actually agree with Gambo. It isn't necessarily calling his bluff, but rather using the next two months as a free agent pitch. The Suns are likely getting crap offers based upon the lack of leverage. If he walks, the Suns likely aren't missing out on much in terms of assets that are available at the deadline. Trade Thomas, modify Dragic's role and lets go.
No thanks.

My take right now is this, there's been a chemistry issue this year and it's starting to look like that issue was Goran Dragic.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nah, it's definitely IT. IT rolled in here with his big mouth and ego, probably has the backing of the FO and thug 1 and 2, and Dragic sees this and says fine then I'm out.