Possible places to trade goran before trade deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Possible places to trade goran before trade deadline

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:I like sending him to Sacramento and getting back a package that includes Nik Stauskas.

I like sending him to Houston and getting a package that includes Nick Johnson, Clint Capela, and the New Orleans pick.

I would also do this:

Phoenix receives: Roy Hibbert, Lavoy Allen, Chris Copeland, and a 1st round pick
Indiana receives: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic, Miles Plumlee, and PJ Tucker
I'd rather lose him for nothing than any of these deals.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

In my opinion something else happened and the organization is being tight lipped about it. Goran's acting like someone slept with his wife in the front office.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Frank Johnson?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
azsportsfan wrote:His brother is the the reason this got personal in the first place...
I believe that. We attempted to rectify the situation and find a willing trade partner for IT3. Everything was ice cream and candy last season and now? If he had issues with Bledsoe why not voice that to management last off-season until waiting till the deadline? Send him packing.
Thats what makes no sense. Judging by his statements he had a problem with last year as well. So everyone saying "IT ruinied what we had last yr" the comment by dragic saying he hasn't liked his usuage in two years says he didn't like it last yr despite us improving so much and him getting all nba 3rd team.
That is interesting. This is about Goran not wanting Bledsoe around. It sounds like someone told him that the Bledsoe situation was temporary and he would be flipped for another asset.

To me, the fact that the team signed Bledsoe and then IT demonstrated the fact that they did not see Goran as effective as a team leader and distributor. They always wanted another pg around.

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Another interesting rumor, and this is just pure speculation, is Dragic and IT got into a locker room altercation earlier this yr and the MoBros 1 or both stepped in and took IT's side. Just pure speculation but its from an insider over at Real GM.
This is an interesting rumor. If this is true, the subtraction of Dragic from the locker room could pay real dividends in team chemistry....

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Also welcome to the board BearHoward!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

specialsauce wrote:
INFORMER wrote:I like sending him to Sacramento and getting back a package that includes Nik Stauskas.

I like sending him to Houston and getting a package that includes Nick Johnson, Clint Capela, and the New Orleans pick.

I would also do this:

Phoenix receives: Roy Hibbert, Lavoy Allen, Chris Copeland, and a 1st round pick
Indiana receives: Goran Dragic, Zoran Dragic, Miles Plumlee, and PJ Tucker
I'd rather lose him for nothing than any of these deals.
That Indiana trade I'd only be interested in if there is no protection on the pick, but even so it doesn't seem like enough. I do like Stauskas so we're on the same page there and the houston one is interested but I'd like to get D-Mo in there somehow.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

BearHoward

Post by BearHoward »

Thanks Wally, I've been lurking for way too long... I'm a Northern Arizona (Sedona) fan, but I try to make it down to phx for games whenever I can. Thanks for the welcome!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Welcome, Bear!

The thing is, yes, Bledsoe and Dragic sort of worked well together last year. But the thing that's easy to forget is that there were a LOT of games where one or the other was out injured. They played less than half the season together. Each one got a nice large chunk of games to run the offense. And even when they were both active, their minutes were staggered a bit so that Goran got to run the point for a significant portion of the game while Bledsoe rested. The current situation and lineups with IT around and all 3 PGs healthy is completely different in terms of Dragic's role and how much he actually runs the point.

SDC

Post by SDC »

specialsauce wrote:He sabotaged our season for his little princess midseason demands. You couldn't shut your mouth for half a season and work hard and be a professional and then walk at the end of the year? He has 7.5 million reasons this year to go f*#& himself and his useless brother
another dumb take.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

SDC wrote:
specialsauce wrote:He sabotaged our season for his little princess midseason demands. You couldn't shut your mouth for half a season and work hard and be a professional and then walk at the end of the year? He has 7.5 million reasons this year to go f*#& himself and his useless brother
another dumb take.
It's a harsh take but not unfair. Goran could have played out the season, then been free to go wherever he wanted and felt suited him best. He would have suitors, including the ones he's told the Suns he wants to be traded to. Few would begrudge him for doing what he felt was best for his career in those circumstances.

This way puts the Suns in a very awkward position, effectively torpedoes their playoff hopes (trade or no trade) and comes across as a bit of a dummy spit on his part. Also his main reason for doing it now instead if after the season appears to be money (an extra year on the deal). He may not have liked what the Suns did but hasn't come out if this looking good imo

Indy

Post by Indy »

If you want a hundred million dollars, guaranteed before you turn 30, you take it. And I don't think he would have got that doing what he did the first half of this year. He wants to showcase it before he hits the open market. And his agent is smart to tell him to do that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

That said, it really sucks for Suns fans.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SDC wrote:
another dumb take.
Your mom is dumb!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:If you want a hundred million dollars, guaranteed before you turn 30, you take it. And I don't think he would have got that doing what he did the first half of this year. He wants to showcase it before he hits the open market. And his agent is smart to tell him to do that.

That said, it really sucks for Suns fans.
Yep and yep.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Gladiator wrote:
SDC wrote:
another dumb take.

It's a harsh take but not unfair. Goran could have played out the season, then been free to go wherever he wanted and felt suited him best. He would have suitors, including the ones he's told the Suns he wants to be traded to. Few would begrudge him for doing what he felt was best for his career in those circumstances.

This way puts the Suns in a very awkward position, effectively torpedoes their playoff hopes (trade or no trade) and comes across as a bit of a dummy spit on his part. Also his main reason for doing it now instead if after the season appears to be money (an extra year on the deal). He may not have liked what the Suns did but hasn't come out if this looking good imo
three factual points:

1) it was the suns office that called dragic's agent for a meeting to discuss his status. (b4 the trade deadline)
2) it was basically the suns FO that gave dragic the ultimatum. commit to us or we trade you (at least the suns get something, even if it's a 2nd round pick)
3) even with his trade destination's list, goran never asked to be traded. he KNOWS he will be traded before the deadline. the list is just a suggestion, mcdo doesnt need to follow it.

SDC

Post by SDC »

specialsauce wrote:
SDC wrote:
another dumb take.
Your mom is dumb!
you look as dumb as popeye jones.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Gladiator wrote:
SDC wrote:
another dumb take.

Being a professional means honoring your commitments. I signed a 3 year contract at my work. If I caused a fuss at work right now just because they hired somebody else that does the same line of work (without even making me take a pay cut!) they would fire my ass so quick. This prima Donna behavior is unacceptable. Just because it's a player you like doesn't make it okay, regardless of how it hurts his feelings. It's a job he gets paid to do, handsomely I might add.

SDC

Post by SDC »

specialsauce wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
SDC wrote:
another dumb take.

Being a professional means honoring your commitments. I signed a 3 year contract at my work. If I caused a fuss at work right now just because they hired somebody else that does the same line of work (without even making me take a pay cut!) they would fire my ass so quick. This prima Donna behavior is unacceptable. Just because it's a player you like doesn't make it okay, regardless of how it hurts his feelings. It's a job he gets paid to do, handsomely I might add.
you just confirmed your stupidity. goran never asked to be traded. the plan was for him to walk away at the end if this season. it is mcdo that is urgently working on a deadline to get some "assets" for dragic.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SDC wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
SDC wrote:
another dumb take.

I'm not capable of holding civilized discussions.
Yeah, but we already knew that, so what's your point? 8-)