Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I really don't think trading the Lakers pick is a big deal. It's top 5 protected, so we weren't going to see it this year.

There's a chance we'd see it next year when it's top 3 protected, but I don't think the Lakers will be miserable again, so it would've been mid-late lottery at best.

I fully expect the Lakers to be back in the playoffs during or before the 2016-17 season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Furlanfufi wrote:

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568506508348157952

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
He had his chance. Like 10 years ago.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

iLLmatic wrote:
Superbone wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Shabazz wrote:WE TRADED THE LAKERS PICK??? WHAT THE FUCK?????????????
That's your McMiracle, ladies and gentlemen.
Fuck this man, I'm out. I'll see you guys in 5 years when we don't have a gm and owner with their head up their ass.
Settle down. Let's see what we've got after the aftermath.
I know what we have and what we gave. You do know that we gave the Lakers pick right?
Yea but Inever got the fan who says "I'm out" when his team does something he doesn't like. Isn't that the definition of a fair weather fan, I'm not saying you are one because your probably just blowing off steam, but Even if all your worse fears came true and we were the worst team in the league you still have should be loyal to your team.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I really don't think trading the Lakers pick is a big deal. It's top 5 protected, so we weren't going to see it this year.

There's a chance we'd see it next year when it's top 3 protected, but I don't think the Lakers will be miserable again, so it would've been mid-late lottery at best.
We'll never learn.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/568506508348157952

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
He had his chance. Like 10 years ago.
I wonder what God is telling him this time.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

So we traded Dragic, IT3, Tyler Ennis, Miles Plumlee, and Lakers pick top 5 protected this year for Brandon Knight, Marcus Thorton, 2016 Cavs pick, 2017 Heat top 7 protected, and 2021 unprotected.

We got fleeced.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:I really don't think trading the Lakers pick is a big deal. It's top 5 protected, so we weren't going to see it this year.

We'll never learn.
Sorry, Nostradamus.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:How long before Knight wants to be the main PG again?
We'll get to do this all over again next year. Yea!

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I fully expect the Lakers to be back in the playoffs during or before the 2016-17 season.
Here's the thing. The Lakers are probably going to be bad enough this year that we won't get the pick. It'll be top-5 very likely. Next year, when the pick is top-3 protected, they'll probably improve somewhat. But there's absolutely no way that they somehow become a playoff team or even close to it. My guess is that pick probably ends up #6, #7, #9, something like that. I guarantee you, on the day of the 2016 draft, Philly will be absolutely ecstatic to have that pick in their hands. It's an extremely valuable asset.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Will we have max FA money again? If so, Jimmy Butler plz.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Who is Brandon Knight's agent? Tell me it's not Rich Paul. Please.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

So now we have to hope the Lakers are pretty good next year so we don't have to look as bad in this trade? Yuck.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Will we have max FA money again? If so, Jimmy Butler plz.
Yes.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:

We'll never learn.
Ya. That's a lottery pick next year. There's no way the Lakers make enough noise this offseason to break into the Western Conference playoff crowd. They're way too far behind. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the worst team in the West again next year.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:Who is Brandon Knight's agent? Tell me it's not Rich Paul. Please.
Arn Tellem.
Last edited by Cap on Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:We're really thin up front.
That's a big change for our Phoenix Suns.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Wally_West wrote:So now we have to hope the Lakers are pretty good next year so we don't have to look as bad in this trade? Yuck.
It's silly to be ok with just throwing a lotto pick away. I don't think Brandon Knight is worth Miles Plumless, Tyler Ennis, and a lotto pick. That's highway robbery.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Sunsfan4life wrote: Yea but Inever got the fan who says "I'm out" when his team does something he doesn't like. Isn't that the definition of a fair weather fan, I'm not saying you are one because your probably just blowing off steam, but Even if all your worse fears came true and we were the worst team in the league you still have should be loyal to your team.
Only God can judge me.. :lol:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

INFORMER wrote:
Wally_West wrote:So now we have to hope the Lakers are pretty good next year so we don't have to look as bad in this trade? Yuck.
It's silly to be ok with just throwing a lotto pick away. I don't think Brandon Knight is worth Miles Plumless, Tyler Ennis, and a lotto pick. That's highway robbery.
Yep.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:

Here's the thing. The Lakers are probably going to be bad enough this year that we won't get the pick. It'll be top-5 very likely. Next year, when the pick is top-3 protected, they'll probably improve somewhat. But there's absolutely no way that they somehow become a playoff team or even close to it. My guess is that pick probably ends up #6, #7, #9, something like that. I guarantee you, on the day of the 2016 draft, Philly will be absolutely ecstatic to have that pick in their hands. It's an extremely valuable asset.
I don't really see it that way because, well, they're the Lakers, and they will have cap space this summer.

It's not like they'll be trotting out Linsanity, Boozer, Wesley Johnson, and the ghost of Steve Nash next year.

I'm not happy that the pick was lost, but I think too many people had it set in their mind that it was going to be a guaranteed gem down the line. I just don't see it that way, and I don't think McDonough does either.