2015 Trade Deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: 2015 Trade Deadline

Post by Sunsfan4life »

BTW, Why does everyone think Reggie Jackson is so good? am I missing something? 12mil a yr he turned down. What?
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It's amazing what Presti was able to turn Jackson/Perkins into. Unbelievable. Final deal:

OKC receives: Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler, DJ Augustin, Steve Novak, and Detroit's 2019 2nd rounder
Detroit receives: Reggie Jackson
Utah receives: Kendrick Perkins, Grant Jarret, OKC protected 2017 1st rounder, Detroit's 2017 second round pick, and the draft rights to Tibor Pleiss.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

INFORMER wrote:It's amazing what Presti was able to turn Jackson/Perkins into. Unbelievable. Final deal:

OKC receives: Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler, DJ Augustin, Steve Novak, and Detroit's 2019 2nd rounder
Detroit receives: Reggie Jackson
Utah receives: Kendrick Perkins, Grant Jarret, OKC protected 2017 1st rounder, Detroit's 2017 second round pick, and the draft rights to Tibor Pleiss.
Definitely. Deal of the day. Utah got crushed.

Ibaka/McGary
Kanter/Adams

Awesome.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why did Utah even do that deal? I really don't get it from their side.

SDC

Post by SDC »

look at next season's schedule: any future playoff contending team in the west that has plenty of suns, sixers and laker games during late march and april will have the advantage.

the suns april sked last season was brutal.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Come on. We are not the Sixers or Lakers.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:Why did Utah even do that deal? I really don't get it from their side.
They had no plans to retain Kanter. So they shed Novak's contract and pick up some modest draft considerations.

cbesch5

Post by cbesch5 »

Mori Chu wrote:Why did Utah even do that deal? I really don't get it from their side.
I am with you. I've been thinking about that since I heard the deal. They get a 2017 protected first basically. From OKC none the less so it will likely be a very low round pick. After saying they wanted 2 firsts and/or young star potential player for Kanter. I don't understand that deal from their perspective...at all.

carey

Post by carey »

cbesch5 wrote:
I am with you. I've been thinking about that since I heard the deal. They get a 2017 protected first basically. From OKC none the less so it will likely be a very low round pick. After saying they wanted 2 firsts and/or young star potential player for Kanter. I don't understand that deal from their perspective...at all.
Yeah, I think you wait for the Summer & try and S&T him if you really don't want to pay him. A lot of guys were shipped out yesterday because their front office don't want to pay them. Kanter, Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight, and MCW.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

How does MCW fall into that category?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I dunno if MCW was shipped because they don't want to pay him. He still has a few years left on that Rookie deal. The sixers just don't see him as part of there future at any contract.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I dunno if MCW was shipped because they don't want to pay him. He still has a few years left on that Rookie deal. The sixers just don't see him as part of there future at any contract.
Yeah pretty much this. He wasn't up for that contract just yet, but it was clear they weren't going to ever sign him long term. I'm not really sure why though. If you read that Pablo article on Hinkie you know that he has everything Hinkie looks for in a player. Long arms, tall, athletic, defensive potential, and can't shoot. Shooting supposedly is the one true offensive skill you can really improve on over time, so why the rush to move him?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:I dunno if MCW was shipped because they don't want to pay him. He still has a few years left on that Rookie deal. The sixers just don't see him as part of there future at any contract.
Yeah pretty much this. He wasn't up for that contract just yet, but it was clear they weren't going to ever sign him long term. I'm not really sure why though. If you read that Pablo article on Hinkie you know that he has everything Hinkie looks for in a player. Long arms, tall, athletic, defensive potential, and can't shoot. Shooting supposedly is the one true offensive skill you can really improve on over time, so why the rush to move him?
Maybe something in the inside, not so basketball related, but along the line of "Sometimes, assets don't like to be treated like assets", wich is a big No-no in the current way Philly is doing business with it's own players.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like the idea of MCW, love his length and athleticism and versatility, but he simply cannot shoot to save his life. His shooting is horrible. I mean, just look at this thing!

https://espngrantland.files.wordpress.c ... 1152&h=908

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:I like the idea of MCW, love his length and athleticism and versatility, but he simply cannot shoot to save his life. His shooting is horrible. I mean, just look at this thing!

Jason Kidd.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Mori Chu wrote:I like the idea of MCW, love his length and athleticism and versatility, but he simply cannot shoot to save his life. His shooting is horrible. I mean, just look at this thing!

dat corner doe...

Split T

Post by Split T »

Why didn't utah just take Reggie Jackson? I guess he probably gets in the way of exum' development. He's better than a late first though.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Its not that Utah traded Kantar its that what they got in return suggest they woke up Thursday Morning and said "Oh crap, we gotta get something for this guy before he leaves"

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Its not that Utah traded Kantar its that what they got in return suggest they woke up Thursday Morning and said "Oh crap, we gotta get something for this guy before he leaves"
They were talking all Tuesday and Wednesday, how they needed a young player and draft picks to move Enes. Probably scared all the potential trade partners away.

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

INFORMER wrote:

Jason Kidd.
http://www.brewhoop.com/2015/2/19/80738 ... n-to-bucks