College Basketball: 2014-15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: College Basketball: 2014-15

Post by Shabazz »

I love this D'Angelo Russell kid. He's going to be a good one.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Any one catch that duke v Florida state game. That 7 1 Nigerian c from Florida state looks intriguing. Not great hands and raw but is a very solid 290 pounds. Did some good things on defense

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I really don't understand why Wayne Selden has been so bad this year.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Shabazz wrote:I love this D'Angelo Russell kid. He's going to be a good one.
agreed but we have stuff all chance of getting him now

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

People's thoughts on Kaminsky? Some commentators seem to rave about him. He looks like he has a nice touch on offense, decent passer but no so athletic, kinda soft and is already a senior. Seems to be down late 1st round on some draft boards.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love Kaminsky as a college player. But I think he may fall flat a bit as a pro. I don't know if he has the size or speed to be a high-impact player in the NBA. I'd love to have him and find out, though. If he's pegged as a late 1st-rounder, that's exactly the kind of guy I'd love to take a chance on using one of our various picks.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Where do you think Hollis-Jefferson may land? Admittedly I haven't see many Zona games this yr, but thought he was oozing with potential last season.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I am not very knowledgeable about college hoops, so I hope someone else will chime in. But every time I see a U of A game or check a box score, Hollis-Jefferson has pretty mediocre numbers. I assumed he would be drafted very late if at all. Maybe a mid-second-rounder?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:I am not very knowledgeable about college hoops, so I hope someone else will chime in. But every time I see a U of A game or check a box score, Hollis-Jefferson has pretty mediocre numbers. I assumed he would be drafted very late if at all. Maybe a mid-second-rounder?
Most likely late 1st to early second. He does some nice things, but still needs to work on his BballIQ.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think he'd be pretty solidly in the 1st. He's a great athlete and great defender. He's got a little kawhi potential, although his shot needs more work than kawhi's did. He's got some ability to create and handles the ball decently. I think he's a mid first to late first kinda guy. I really like him as a prospect, but not so much on the suns seeing how we just drafted warren and while vastly different players that bring different things to the table, i'm not sure he'd warrant minutes over warren.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Mori Chu wrote:I am not very knowledgeable about college hoops, so I hope someone else will chime in. But every time I see a U of A game or check a box score, Hollis-Jefferson has pretty mediocre numbers. I assumed he would be drafted very late if at all. Maybe a mid-second-rounder?
That had been my experience also. Based on about 3 games

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Mori Chu wrote:I love Kaminsky as a college player. But I think he may fall flat a bit as a pro. I don't know if he has the size or speed to be a high-impact player in the NBA. I'd love to have him and find out, though. If he's pegged as a late 1st-rounder, that's exactly the kind of guy I'd love to take a chance on using one of our various picks.
If he somehow fell to the 2nd round I'd be happy for us to nab him. Feel like he would do great in a summer league and would be talked about as a steal but then would struggle against stronger athletic bigs.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Kaminsky would be a great nab with a second-round pick, but I don't think he'll last long.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why not nab him in the first round? How many picks do we have this year?

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is my favorite player in college basketball, but he'll definitely be a project in the NBA. Like others have said, he has to spend a lot of time on his jumpshot. He's an incredible athlete with a high motor, and he has a great head on his shoulders.

His stats would be much more noteworthy if he wasn't playing for Arizona. If Rondae was surrounded by shooters to give him space in the paint, instead of having two dominant college big men playing the 4 and 5, his scoring and rebounding would spike.

Big win against No. 12 Utah last night. Arizona is guaranteed the Pac-12 title and look good heading into the tournament. The offense goes through major droughts but the defense is incredible and Gabe York is playing the best basketball of his life right now.

carey

Post by carey »

Barkley picked Arizona to win the tourney on the BS report (which is worth a listen, talks a bit about his Suns days.) Says Sean Miller is a hell of a coach. Said if Kentucky loses it will be to one of the great coaches in the tournament (Bill Self, Bo Ryan, Tony Bennett, Coach K, Jay Wright.) You can not out-talent Kentucky you have to out coach them.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

I can't believe DX has Brandon Ashley ranked at only #100 in this year's class. I think he is absolutely going to play in the NBA. I was just looking over this which has a list of which prospects to watch in which games: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/201 ... kdown-4836
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Demartius Jackson from ND looks like a good one. Can get into the lane at will
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

UCLA got a gift from the Gods. What crap.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think I broke the record for fastest a bracket went to shit today.