Suns News: Week 20 3/9-3/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Suns News: Week 20 3/9-3/15

Post by SDC »

if mcdo quits or is fired after this season, who would you want to replace him with? which credible GM would want to work for sarver? bryan colangelo?

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

BC has never proven to be credible and there is ZERO chance that McD is not the GM next season.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

jkalldaway wrote:BC has never proven to be credible and there is ZERO chance that McD is not the GM next season.
And that's disappointing. Another wasted season coming up.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Would you guys trade the Morris twins for a resigned-to-the-max Greg Monroe?

pickle

Post by pickle »

what exactly do we want out of the 4 spot? i've seen people suggest that len gets more responsibility on offense, so do we want a defensive 4? monroe is a great talent, but he's more or less ground-bound, a good rebounding and passer, but isn't particularly strong on defense and certainly doesn't block shots. he is a talent and a young one at that, so i am intrigued, but i'm curious what everyone thinks about his game as it might fit into our current team.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Shabazz wrote:Would you guys trade the Morris twins for a resigned-to-the-max Greg Monroe?
How would that make Alex Len feel?

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

Probably fine. They don't play the same position.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I would actually want and am hoping for the Morris Bros to be traded for Monroe. And honestly, if Monroe is going to leave Detroit could do worse. They need a PF that can pop and play 18ft out opposite Drummond, they need a 3 like Marcus after trading Singler (they're starting Caron Butler now). Unless Monroe were to force his way somewhere else like the Lakers and they're willing to part with Randle, I think it'd be a great deal. Monroe's rebounding numbers are strong and Len can still cover the basket and be the shotblocker.

carey

Post by carey »

How much are we willing to pay Brandan Wright this Summer? I think we need him until Len's game matures. He already makes $5M/per right now and that is really about all I want to pay him but considering he routinely is one of the more efficient big men in the league he may be looking for more.

4/25? 4/28?

As for the Monroe talk... I'm still kind of luke warm on him. I think he is a C not a PF as he has been masquerading as recently due Detroit having a pretty good one already. We also have one that we're developing & I'd hate to see that thwarted in any way.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I might be insane, but I actually kind of like Markieff Morris better than Greg Monroe. Am I the only one?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Monroe's a PF. I used to think he was a 5 but he's a 4.

I like Wright too but he's a tough player to commit too. He's a matchup guy and unless we're committed to him being our first big off the bench and getting 25mpg, i wouldn't give him more than 5-6.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I might be insane, but I actually kind of like Markieff Morris better than Greg Monroe. Am I the only one?
No. I bet the FO does too. And Marcus. And Keef.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I might like Markieff more if we started Warren and had an energy big to play off the bench, like Harrell. That way each Morris is paired with a high-energy player. But could Bled-Knight-Warren-Kieff-Len use Kieff's offense more than, say, Tristan Thompson's rebounding? Just an example.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Monroe is most effective as a 5 statistically, but I think he can share the floor with Len who can provide space that Drummond can't. In my fantasy Monroe-Morris Bros swap, I envision starting out with a twin towers lineup and staggering their time the rest of the game. It presents a few problems, namely less spacing (especially if TJ is the future starting 3) and the prospect of Monroe chasing around quicker 4s. Monroe's D has actually made big strides this year and he's a significantly better rebounder than Markieff (and a better player overall, Mori).

I figure, if Memphis can make the two big thing work, maybe we can try it too. Mostly, after years of PG centric play, I want to watch a Suns team that plays big, rebounds and defends every night.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I would take nearly anyone over the Morris Twins, but Monroe on a max deal isn't very appealing to me. But yes, I would do that deal, and I think the Suns would be better for it. I'm not crazy about a Len-Monroe pairing though.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:I would take nearly anyone over the Morris Twins, but Monroe on a max deal isn't very appealing to me. But yes, I would do that deal, and I think the Suns would be better for it. I'm not crazy about a Len-Monroe pairing though.
after following suns news and this board in particular the last few days, i've grown to understand the collective frustration over the morrii... so i find myself agreeing to inf's post almost completely. although i wouldn't really say "i'd take anyone over the morris twins" at this point since they are still perceived to be of positive value around the league, as far as i can gather.

carey

Post by carey »

Earl Barron signed for the rest of the year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:Earl Barron signed for the rest of the year.
Oh my gosh, that's great news! Now, we can make a push for the Chip! Way to step up.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

#GameChanger
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
carey wrote:Earl Barron signed for the rest of the year.
Oh my gosh, that's great news! Now, we can make a push for the Chip! Way to step up.
It is 16 games, guys. What did you expect?