Welcome to the new site!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Re: Welcome to the new site!

Post by wpmiller42 »

Just found out about the new site! Even though I don't post much, I'm glad a new one is up and going!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

wpmiller42 wrote:Just found out about the new site! Even though I don't post much, I'm glad a new one is up and going!
Hey wp, welcome back! Great to see another old .netter back here on the new site. I'm honestly blown away by how many of the old guard have found their way back here in just a couple of days. It really makes me happy to see this site getting used so quickly. I was honestly kind of worried that it'd be just me and P219 on here bullshitting about Nash and Amare and Marion all day, haha.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

When you've had a particular board as a net destination for 14 years, attachments sort of die pretty hard. ;)

I honestly have no idea when/if Sose will get to putting the original site back up - kind of disappointing that he hasn't even checked in & dropped a note on the Facebook site about it for 4 months.....

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

We know Bledsoe is not worth the max, but you need to be ready to pay it, unless you are counting on some brutal sign and trade, but what are the odds it's even entertained when he is McD's signature move and actually has worked out very well with Goran.

SunnyOrange

Post by SunnyOrange »

Many thanks for bringing the new site up.

I am quite happy to have this place to come to. Good work :)

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Gladiator wrote:
Superbone wrote:Once again, great job Mori on the site! I'm thrilled with how quickly we've gotten so many of the regulars from phxsuns.net over here.

And am I the only one that starts singing Welcome to the new site! to the tune of Welcome to the New Age.
I tend to get more of a Blues Brothers "we're putting the band back together" vibe going.
I'm still in shock just how long we went without a home base here. And for THIS season, after the last couple? Just the continuing luck of being a Suns fan...

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

SwingMan wrote:When you've had a particular board as a net destination for 14 years, attachments sort of die pretty hard. ;)

I honestly have no idea when/if Sose will get to putting the original site back up - kind of disappointing that he hasn't even checked in & dropped a note on the Facebook site about it for 4 months.....
Yeah... very disappointing. I think if he had been a little more upfront about things, we could have either had this place up on running sooner, or been able to do something to help him out. I'm not saying anything negative, Sose gave us a place to call home for longer than I can remember... but it seemed like he didn't like the suggestion of making a replacement site.... but lacked the time and/or resources to restore the original. Either way, its a mixed bag of sadness for the loss of the old site, yet we went for so long without a board, this is also a celebration of both our Suns team, our Suns history, and our own personal Suns community.

I second what Mori said; Its great to see all of you coming together and already giving this a familiar vibe and feeling. RealGM and Spurstalk just didn't cut it.

Welcome home guys.

carey

Post by carey »

Had some of you migrated over to Spurstalk?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I've always lurked or trolled there; Mori posts occasionally, and there are a couple other Suns fans over there (Xylus i believe?) and the notoriety of Cubby/Thread. I keep tabs on the place, at least; Its usually entertaining in some form or another, and since its home to so many Lakers trolls, theres a bit of Nash/MDA stuff over there too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:Had some of you migrated over to Spurstalk?
I was visiting Spurstalk as my primary NBA board during the downtime of phxsuns.net. It is a very different board; full of Spur/Laker rivalry and trolling. Lots of GIFs and mocking each other and talking trash. Most of the threads are just people taunting each other based on some particular win or loss. It has its charm in terms of being a bit more around-the-NBA oriented than .net was, and it is good for a laugh or two. But I missed some of the calmer more rational analysis and the Suns-centric game threads and so on.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'm....backkkkkkkkkkkk

Thanks for the activation Mori.

Like the avatar too, Dragic looks like he is posing as a superhero or something haha.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Great to see ya SF4L! :)

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

It's good to be here. I've always been a true Suns Fan. I hate ya's and everything you stand for, but, I'm true and ever present. I hope you'll afford me a place in the sun with ya's. I'll keep count on the O & __. And I'll also take care of your backside, you know the shit you guys are always trying to hide, or, ignore. I'll do that. Like hiding the drafting of Len at #5. And the drunk driving of Tom Chambers, and the absolutely shameless excape goating of Lance Blanks. Now the Blanks one is a doozy. Blabby selling his ass down the river.

Your Cubby has returned. I wasn't dead as you guys had surmised and advertised. I kept track thru the years and was a read only participant at Sose's Joint.

Love always,

- Cubby

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good to see ya, Cubster. I'm sure your presence here ruffles a few feathers, but anyone and everyone is welcome here as far as I am concerned, as long as they are not an A-hole about it. Everybody gets the benefit of the doubt to start with. Hopefully we can all play nice. If any particular user abuses a privilege, like making a bunch of mean posts or spammy threads, I can just revoke that person's relevant privilege if needed. But we all know Cubby has softened in his old age and has become a sweet old chap...

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I think this will work if there is balance... a give and take. And I don't just mean he gives shit and we take it. :D

we're in our third decade since the AZCentral days. (90s, 00s, 10s). Time enough has passed where no one should be judging on the past. Dues have been paid. Its been a dysfunctional relationship for a long time. Going along with the backhanded observations of "other perspectives" on the Suns history, there is the backhanded credit we must give - the spam was the reason .net came into existance in the first place. I look forward to seeing the context and perspective of this "true Suns fan" even if it is just absolutely morbid curiosity. Just remember devils advocate, and sarcasm, irony and ball busting - taking things at face value is where fights start, and feelings get hurt, and this we don't need.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Phoenix219 wrote:I wouldn't go quite that far, but I think this will work if there is balance... a give and take. And I don't just mean he gives shit and we take it. :D

we're in our third decade since the AZCentral days. (90s, 00s, 10s). Time enough has passed where no one should be judging on the past. Dues have been paid. Its been a dysfunctional relationship for a long time. Going along with the backhanded observations of "other perspectives" on the Suns history, there is the backhanded credit we must give - the spam was the reason .net came into existance in the first place. I look forward to seeing the context and perspective of this "true Suns fan" even if it is just absolutely morbid curiosity. Just remember devils advocate, and sarcasm, irony and ball busting - taking things at face value is where fights start, and feelings get hurt, and this we don't need.
Christ, you sound a little like Hussein Obama considering whether to nag Zimmerman all the way into the dust that is always the end.

I'll tell ya, 219, at O & 45 you're still face ass down in the caca. That's obvious. I mean, sure, you got .620 kissin' your caboose and AZ Central doin' your laundry, but, at the end of the day, you're where I left you a decade ago. Myself, I've put on 2LBS, went from 14 to 16 and couldn't a done without stepping over your lifeless keester.

I know, I know, you get you're like your rumps in a tizzy over the Nash trade...."snicker, snicker, giggle, giggle." Big deal, you ain't prospered offin' yet. Almost, last season, but, Kobe took off after ya's and you ended up standing their naked without a pot to piss in.

+ it ain't like the Dodgers shit in your damn old Rondo Pool. They just pissed in it.

Love always,

- Dale

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Write more later, just wanted to say I am extremely offended by your comparison, but I will keep my opinions and my politics to myself. I have strong views that are never the most popular...

16 was pure dumb luck, and you know it. We were right there in the final round swinging. One shot, one game, and we're at the dance. But this is not horse shoes or hand grenades, and at the end of the day, we are no closer - but its been a helluva ride, and a very rarely matched streak of both fun and winning basketball, with some once in a life time players, and a shockingly quick rebuild. No need to let the past hold us down, rather, rejoice that we are again in the running, ready to launch our next attack anew. This isn't the end, but only the beginning.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Phoenix219 wrote:Write more later, just wanted to say I am extremely offended by your comparison, but I will keep my opinions and my politics to myself. I have strong views that are never the most popular...

16 was pure dumb luck, and you know it. We were right there in the final round swinging. One shot, one game, and we're at the dance. But this is not horse shoes or hand grenades, and at the end of the day, we are no closer - but its been a helluva ride, and a very rarely matched streak of both fun and winning basketball, with some once in a life time players, and a shockingly quick rebuild. No need to let the past hold us down, rather, rejoice that we are again in the running, ready to launch our next attack anew. This isn't the end, but only the beginning.
You wanted to watch it end---instead of ending it. Artest was no country preacher and proved it that nite and again when Pierce lied about returning to L.A. Artest took him to the arc Game 7, and ended him.

50 games in and you still return to your old habits of holding on too damn tight. To what? The cameras from ESPN shining in your face? Big deal. That ain't Jordan and that ain't Phil across the way there. That's CPO and Pop who shit the bed in south Florida and LeBron, who Pop had solved and Indiana who can't figure out 2 & 2.

And you're standin' still holding onto to fresh press clippings. You're gonna "do things rights."

You're still where you left me. You moved nary a gd inch.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yay theres an ignore option.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Yay theres an ignore option.
Only pussies & assholes use the Ignore option.

lmvictoriousao!!!