Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Post by TOO »

JeffreyLee wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Everytime I see someone say they dont want LeBron, I just laugh to myself and understand why Suns fans are ok with just making the playoffs.
Thats like saying you wouldnt want MJ on your team.
Yep. He undoubtedly deserved the flack he got for "the decision" but I'm certainly not turning away the best player since MJ just because he made a dumb choice years ago. If for some crazy reason LeBron says he wants to sign in Phoenix I'd be over the moon.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Everytime I see someone say they dont want LeBron, I just laugh to myself and understand why Suns fans are ok with just making the playoffs.
I don't like the guy, I don't like his act', I don't want to cheer for him. If you like him, good for you, if you don't, but still are willing to cheer for him in exchange of a banner on the roof, I pity you.

Everytime I see someone willing to kiss any buttock necesary for a banner, I understand why we had Enron and such.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I don't let personal feelings dictate my fandom, and unless its something catastrophic like rape or murder, youre just being too petty for your own good. "Pity" me all you'd like, at least I root for my team to be the best it possibly can.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I do not think that it is completely unrealistic to recruit LeBron if Wade starts looking like he's breaking down over the remainder of the playoffs. Wouldn't you rather be the oldest player of a contending nucleus rather than the youngest, especially if you can play with Bledsoe?

I see The Decision as a foolish act, which LeBron has largely atoned for. It's not like he's Kobe Ass-Rapist Bryant. I could root for him as long as he talked about how stupid he was in his younger days.

TOO

Post by TOO »

He's already admitted he went about the decision the wrong way, thats over and done with IMO.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TOO: You keep talking about The Decision, but I don't think that is what is influencing Ring's dislike of James.

Speaking for myself, I've let the The Decision go, although, to be honest, while I thought it was in poor taste, I didn't hold it against him.

I feel the same as Ring, though. I don't care for LeBron James and I wouldn't enjoy having him on my team. I couldn't criticize the Suns for bringing him in, but I wouldn't like it.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

If Lebron can bring championships to Phoenix, I think you will be able to find it in heart to like him ;)

But I don't think there is a chance in hell Lebron would come to phoenix. The only thing that makes me think there is at least a possibility it could happen is because of how close of friends he and Bledsoe seemed to be.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
I don't like the guy, I don't like his act', I don't want to cheer for him. If you like him, good for you, if you don't, but still are willing to cheer for him in exchange of a banner on the roof, I pity you.

Everytime I see someone willing to kiss any buttock necesary for a banner, I understand why we had Enron and such.
Id cut off my left nut for a banner.
You sold me two quier giraffes

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I don't let personal feelings dictate my fandom, and unless its something catastrophic like rape or murder, youre just being too petty for your own good. "Pity" me all you'd like, at least I root for my team to be the best it possibly can.
I guess were ruling out Kobe in 2 years? Wait that was number 8 who raped that women not 24.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:TOO: You keep talking about The Decision, but I don't think that is what is influencing Ring's dislike of James.

Speaking for myself, I've let the The Decision go, although, to be honest, while I thought it was in poor taste, I didn't hold it against him.

I feel the same as Ring, though. I don't care for LeBron James and I wouldn't enjoy having him on my team. I couldn't criticize the Suns for bringing him in, but I wouldn't like it.
I don't like his excuse making, or him feeling he needed 2 superstars with him to win a title. At the end of the day, I wouldn't even say that I'm LeBron fan, but I cannot look past what he'd bring to the team. I thought MJ was a grade A prick, but I wouldn't have let that stop me from being stoked if he were a Sun.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

JeffreyLee wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Ouch, that should propel you to the Ring of honor!

Or is both nuts the going rate?

:D :D :D

TOO

Post by TOO »

JeffreyLee wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I'd also cut off your left nut for a banner.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I'd also cut off your left nut for a banner.
Team work, just like our Suns.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Ouch, that should propel you to the Ring of honor!

It would be my honor, long as my left testie also gets to hang from the raptors.
Or is both nuts the going rate?

:D :D :D

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Sorry if its already been said but its at least nice to go into the offseason with a sense of optimism. I was genuinely fearful of what Blanks next move would be when he was in charge. Can’t remember having this feeling since we cleaned house with the marbury trade to NY and gained a lot of flexibility in the process.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

To LeBron or not to LeBron. The brain says of course, but the heart will always feel like any title would be basically thanks to the King's grace, who gifted this franchise with his presence. I guess a banner is a banner, but still.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Danimal wrote:Sorry if its already been said but its at least nice to go into the offseason with a sense of optimism. I was genuinely fearful of what Blanks next move would be when he was in charge. Can’t remember having this feeling since we cleaned house with the marbury trade to NY and gained a lot of flexibility in the process.
Absolutely. Optimism is nice, when you can afford it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeffreyLee wrote:
No thanks! The dude is over 50 years old!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Superbone wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:
I think he could still avg 10 a game

carey

Post by carey »

JeffreyLee wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:
I think he could still avg 10 a game
On how many shots? :p
Go Suns!

Og Snus!