Around the League: Week 2 11/2-11/8

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Week 2 11/2-11/8

Post by Mori Chu »

Beal drains a DAGGER 3 at the buzzer to win the game for the Wiz. Nasty. Love Beal. Best pure SG in the NBA in my opinion. Love the Wiz backcourt.

Split T

Post by Split T »

How about T.J Mconnell, I didn't think he'd be in the NBA, but he started and almost dropped a triple-double tonight, granted its on the sixers, but I'm impressed

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:Beal drains a DAGGER 3 at the buzzer to win the game for the Wiz. Nasty. Love Beal. Best pure SG in the NBA in my opinion. Love the Wiz backcourt.
Do you think he's better than Jimmy Butler and James Harden, or not consider them pure SG's? Beal and Thompson are probably the next two. I'd lean towards Beal, he's got more potential and is already more versatile.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Barkley spent the whole OKC Bulls game complaining about Westbrook and how he needed to sacrifice his own game more. The Bulls offense looked to have a few more wrinkles to it than previous year. It was still heavily reliant on D Rose though to get the win - which is never a good thing in the long run.

carey

Post by carey »

Danimal wrote:Barkley spent the whole OKC Bulls game complaining about Westbrook and how he needed to sacrifice his own game more. The Bulls offense looked to have a few more wrinkles to it than previous year. It was still heavily reliant on D Rose though to get the win - which is never a good thing in the long run.
You should check out Bob Voulgaris' twitter tonight. He's killing both Hoiberg AND Donovan.

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/662447273721376771

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/662447477459697664

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/662476800421961728

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

maybe memphis is not that good anymore?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It's starting to look like the Lakers blew it with D'Angelo. Too early to write him off as a relevant player but it is pretty clear he is no Penny. Meanwhile, Jahil Okafor is a monster and would have fitted perfectly LAL's tradition of big men. KAT is showing his complete game, but Okafor's hands on offense are something else.

Porzingis well on his way too. #4 pick totally worth it. As weak as it gets physically but already producing and can do a little of everything.

Charlotte is not playing Frank the Tank a lot, after rejecting what seemed a godfather offer from Boston, including Brookly's unprotected 1stR this year. You don't want to rush a rookie when there are heavy expectations but this is not a teenager. Marvin and Hawes are making their threes but come on.

Winslow has been compared to Harden, but I see an Iguodala here, although with less hoops/athleticism. A swiss army knife type. By the way, the Heat play some ugly bbal too. Wade seems healthier but who know how long it will last. Dragic is the PG but the ball is not a lot in his hands, plus he spends a lot of time at the corner. It is a crime that a Dragic-Bosh pick and roll/pop is not the focal point of that offense, but that's expected with Wade and Spoelstra.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I haven't had a chance to watch the lakers at all (and why the fuck would I, they suck) but is d'angelo handling the ball much or playing off the ball?

Nets v lakers tomorrow 0-4 v 0-5, clash of the titans there.

and agreed on the heat. They seem to have good players but their offense was fugly and Dragic doesn't do jack as you said - he cant be happy with that. The irony being the Heat obviously lied to him about what his role was going to be

Should totally start a thread for rookie/sophomore watch

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

LazarusLong wrote:http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/m ... 67095.html

Hope Gerald Green is OK. He was taken to a hospital after somewhat bizarre incident.
Quite a scary situation as more detials emerge. He was screaming at the top of his lungs earlier in the apartment complex lobby then was found unconcious and bleeding later on. Hope he is OK.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Was never that high on Russell and was surprised the Lakers took him. Thought Okafor was a natural fit and they could at least play through him and maybe extend Kobe's career that way. Still too early, but tall, pass first PGs that can't shoot never excite me and don't often pan out.

I was down on Winslow in the draft but he's grown on me. Not a superstar and was overrated as a prospect, but I've come around on him. He could be a Caron Butler type. Just a solid all around SF, can play some two, has shown some nice passing ability. The Heat need to realize (or maybe already do and can't/won't do anything about it) that Wade needs to go. They could have a nice roster and could really build around Dragic, Winslow, Bosh and Whiteside but Wade is too ball dominant. Dragic is basically standing a watching, but at least has 80mil to cheer him up.

Porzingis is the real deal. He's a legit basketball player, mature beyond his years, great understanding of the game and immense skillset for a 7-3 player. Yea, he needs to get stronger but that will come with time. He's shown me an impressive amount of composure in dealing with the fans and media and a ton of toughness in some of teams/players he's been up against. He's not afraid of anyone and doesn't have that rookie "deer in the headlights" look you sometimes see.

Charlotte is Charlotte. Their roster is a mess and I'm not sure Cho is more than a puppet for Jordan unfortunately.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL.

https://twitter.com/AndyVsTheWorId/status/662103491867975680

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Dragic is the PG but the ball is not a lot in his hands, plus he spends a lot of time at the corner. It is a crime that a Dragic-Bosh pick and roll/pop is not the focal point of that offense, but that's expected with Wade and Spoelstra.
The grass is not always greener on the other side.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:LOL.

https://twitter.com/AndyVsTheWorId/status/662103491867975680

Ha ha! That is hilarious!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I loved the part where instead of "heating up," he's "cooling down," and his ball has an icy blue trail on it instead of NBA Jam's fire trail. LMAO!

carey

Post by carey »

I can't even...
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:Was never that high on Russell and was surprised the Lakers took him. Thought Okafor was a natural fit and they could at least play through him and maybe extend Kobe's career that way. Still too early, but tall, pass first PGs that can't shoot never excite me and don't often pan out.
Russell might not pan out, but lack of shooting isn't his problem. He was a 41% 3 pt shooter in college and was high volume, averaged like 6 attempts a game. He hasn't shot well in the NBA yet, but it's been 4 games.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I loved Russell coming in, but he's not exactly in a position to thrive right now. The Lakers also have Kobe, Nick Young, Clarkson and Lou Will, all guys who love to shoot. And they're very poorly coached. It will take him a while.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

And Kristaps has been a joy to watch. Knicks got a good one.

I just spend the entire time watching that guy thinking he's about to get injured.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I just spend the entire time watching that guy thinking he's about to get injured.
Ha! Same. He's gangly and awkward and I feel like he's going to break every time he hits the floor.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:Was never that high on Russell and was surprised the Lakers took him. Thought Okafor was a natural fit and they could at least play through him and maybe extend Kobe's career that way. Still too early, but tall, pass first PGs that can't shoot never excite me and don't often pan out.
Russell might not pan out, but lack of shooting isn't his problem. He was a 41% 3 pt shooter in college and was high volume, averaged like 6 attempts a game. He hasn't shot well in the NBA yet, but it's been 4 games.
Do we need to post Jimmer's shooting numbers? Beasley's? I no longer trust college percentages from perimeter players. While he can certainly figure it out and probably will I don't think pointing at his college numbers is too helpful. Though again it's very early and those are the only numbers we have to compare.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!