First Round: OKC Thunder (2) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (7)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: First Round: OKC Thunder (2) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (7)

Post by Shabazz »

EDC wrote:What does the regular season matter? The guy is good but he gets zero criticism. He hasn't won multiple championships or even one. He isn't doing everything he can to get his team to the next level so yes he does deserve some criticism.

This is why I hate OKC because I can't stand the crazy treatment this guy gets. He is a great player but he doesn't deserve the insane amount of respect he gets from the media and most of the fans. Even here on a Suns board plenty of people jumped to his defense. Not to mention bringing up people we can blame instead. :)

Can you imagine if Kobe was down 2-3 to the 7th seed while shooting something like 40% from the field? After having blown a game tying free throw in overtime? Do you honestly think no one would be criticizing him? And that guy has enough jewelry to fill one hand.
The guy's 25 and easily the second best player in the league. He just had the best season in the league and one of the most impressive and efficient statistical seasons in NBA history. You're getting on him because he didn't develop a mid-range turnaround jumper that some guy on a message board thinks he needs to develop? Or are you just doing the "COUNT DA RINGZ!" argument?

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote:We really need the old site to point to this one but I doubt that will end up happening. It is a shame because it was a big community that has now been scattered and will probably never be brought back together.
Yeah that really bothers me. It's something that would take Sose 5 minutes to do.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
EDC wrote:We really need the old site to point to this one but I doubt that will end up happening. It is a shame because it was a big community that has now been scattered and will probably never be brought back together.
Yeah that really bothers me. It's something that would take Sose 5 minutes to do.
I was in contact with him until a couple months or so ago - dude just unfriended me on Facebook out of the blue. No biggie - only hoped he had offered up an explaination for ditching the old board, though.

What gets me is that members have chipped in plenty of dough for various server upgrades/changes over the years and, the least Sose could've done is level with those of us who did - Lord knows there were plenty of us checking the site Facebook page throughout the season. But, instead, he chose to merely wink out. I don't know the circumstances behind Sose's "disappearance", but if there wasn't some catastrophe or some such that he had to endure, it looks thoroughly like a bitch move.

On another note, I'm actually glad that the site has been reborn under different auspices - there's a few from the old board I'd rather not make acquaintances with again (knock on wood, only one has made it over so far & he was a rightful fart in the wind after the season ended) and there's been a couple awesome people who've made returns from being absent from the old board for 5-6 years or more for reasons of their own (and others).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I sent Sose a Facebook message asking him to do that forwarding, but he never replied. Do any of you know a way to contact him? Email or phone or something? I bet if he set up that forward from phxsuns.net to phx-suns.net, it'd bring back at least a few old members.

But I do think the low traffic is largely to do with the fact that the Suns got eliminated. It's a bummer.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Shabazz wrote:
EDC wrote:What does the regular season matter? The guy is good but he gets zero criticism. He hasn't won multiple championships or even one. He isn't doing everything he can to get his team to the next level so yes he does deserve some criticism.

This is why I hate OKC because I can't stand the crazy treatment this guy gets. He is a great player but he doesn't deserve the insane amount of respect he gets from the media and most of the fans. Even here on a Suns board plenty of people jumped to his defense. Not to mention bringing up people we can blame instead. :)

Can you imagine if Kobe was down 2-3 to the 7th seed while shooting something like 40% from the field? After having blown a game tying free throw in overtime? Do you honestly think no one would be criticizing him? And that guy has enough jewelry to fill one hand.
The guy's 25 and easily the second best player in the league. He just had the best season in the league and one of the most impressive and efficient statistical seasons in NBA history. You're getting on him because he didn't develop a mid-range turnaround jumper that some guy on a message board thinks he needs to develop? Or are you just doing the "COUNT DA RINGZ!" argument?
Alot of great players dont have rings, and alot of bad players have rings. Then you have your ring chasers who sign for cheap that dont deserve it. So i think the ring argument is stupid.
You sold me two quier giraffes

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Mori Chu wrote:
I sent Sose a Facebook message asking him to do that forwarding, but he never replied. Do any of you know a way to contact him? Email or phone or something? I bet if he set up that forward from phxsuns.net to phx-suns.net, it'd bring back at least a few old members.

But I do think the low traffic is largely to do with the fact that the Suns got eliminated. It's a bummer.
Its been low traffic since day one. There is about a dozen of us who post often. I cant even get a Fantasy football leauge going on here.
You sold me two quier giraffes

EDC

Post by EDC »

Well the domain expires just after the season starts so maybe we can do something about it then.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Check your PM.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

EDC wrote:Well the domain expires just after the season starts so maybe we can do something about it then.
Oh yeah, we'll have to snatch it up. There's no way he will remember unless he has it set to auto-renew (unlikely.)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

wow, that OKC and spurs series are anticlimatic