First Round: L.A. Clippers (3) vs. Golden State Warriors (6)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: First Round: L.A. Clippers (3) vs. Golden State Warriors

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:DeAndre Jordan is ridiculous.
His dunks late in the 4Q were what gave the Clippers enough room to survive. Griffin also had some ridiculous plays. He is getting close to unguardable status.

The score was actually closer than what it should. The refs awarded Curry 3 FTs off a Paul foul that could be used as evidence in a fixed games scandal, but it didn't matter in the end. Marc Jackson in trouble?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dang, as a Bay Area resident, I'm really bummed that the Warriors are out of the playoffs. But I do believe that the better team clearly won. The Ws couldn't get a stop down the stretch. They'd pull the game close, within 2-3 points, and then they'd just let DJ dunk a lob on them on the next play. They didn't deserve to beat a team as good as the Clips, regardless of all that Sterling nonsense.

I don't follow hockey, but the LA Kings also just eliminated the San Jose Sharks in a huge comeback from being down 0-3 in that series. So LA really stomped Bay Area sports this week.

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah. Quick is the single most hot/cold goalie I've ever seen. He got hot when they needed him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

Losing Bogut was a huge loss in this series.

Big find, Draymond Green can bring it in spurts. Likely found a 6th man that can man the frontcourt at both spots as a backup. Barnes might be expendable this offseason.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Can they afford to keep Draymond Green? I think he's due for a new contract, and he may command more $$ than they can give him now that he played so well in this postseason. I hope he stays.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Side note: I can't believe how far Jared Dudley has fallen off this season for the Clips. He is basically out of the rotation. And we got Eric Bledsoe for this guy? Can you imagine the current Clips plus Bledsoe? That'd be downright nasty. They could have kept him and probably been title favorites, and then dealt with his impending free agency this coming summer. That trade looks ridiculously lopsided now after a year of hindsight.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I feel bad for Duds. I didn't watch any Clips games outside of games against the Suns. Anybody know what happened with him? Was he just not producing? Didn't fit in with their strategies? Anybody know?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:Side note: I can't believe how far Jared Dudley has fallen off this season for the Clips. He is basically out of the rotation. And we got Eric Bledsoe for this guy? Can you imagine the current Clips plus Bledsoe? That'd be downright nasty. They could have kept him and probably been title favorites, and then dealt with his impending free agency this coming summer. That trade looks ridiculously lopsided now after a year of hindsight.
The trade was lopsided then, you guys were fooling yourselves if you think Dudley was anything worth keeping.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:I feel bad for Duds. I didn't watch any Clips games outside of games against the Suns. Anybody know what happened with him? Was he just not producing? Didn't fit in with their strategies? Anybody know?
He got off to his usual slow start, only it never stopped. Eventually he fell out of the rotation. He's been a little hurt, but that seems like more of an excuse. Rough season for him. Clippers fans are so pissed about that trade (although they also got Redick who fills more of a need and have been getting very good backup PG play from Darren Collison).

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Side note: I can't believe how far Jared Dudley has fallen off this season for the Clips. He is basically out of the rotation. And we got Eric Bledsoe for this guy? Can you imagine the current Clips plus Bledsoe? That'd be downright nasty. They could have kept him and probably been title favorites, and then dealt with his impending free agency this coming summer. That trade looks ridiculously lopsided now after a year of hindsight.
The trade was lopsided then, you guys were fooling yourselves if you think Dudley was anything worth keeping.
oh, eric bledsoe is much better than dudley. but the question the suns had before the season started was: do you want to pay an untested bledsoe (initially 10mil, now probably higher) an 8 figure salary when you already have goran dragic as your pg? obviously, the initial plan was to ship dragic out for more draft picks. :lol:, but his great performance during bledsoe's injury/recovery days might have changed mcdo's mind (or did it? ;) )

btw, clips are doing just fine with bledsoe's cheap replacement darren collison :lol: :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:obviously, the initial plan was to ship dragic out for more draft picks. :lol:
Nope, not obvious. Hornacek said from the beginning that the plan was to play them together ala KJ / Hornacek.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:you guys were fooling yourselves if you think Dudley was anything worth keeping.
That's a silly statement to make. Dudley was very good during his time with the Suns and a far cry from the play he's been in Los Angeles.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sorry INF, I've never been a Dudley guy, he was never "very good" in my eyes. Wheres the other half of my statement? lol.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Duds got awfully out of shape, and that is inexcusable. He needs to lose like 20 pounds.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

And he was an outstanding role player for most of his time here. Great 3pt%, nice defense, very smart, hustle, even evolved from 'PF' to SG. I don't know how one couldn't like him.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Duds got awfully out of shape, and that is inexcusable. He needs to lose like 20 pounds.
i think he was trying to bulk up to play his old position (power forward in college).

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Yeah, and during his time with the Bobcats. But if that's what he tried he failed miserably. He can't barely move (yet that didn't prevent him from getting a clean path towards our rim the last game against the Clippers, which shows you the kind of 'defense' we were playing).

He has never been quick, a leaper or an athlete in general. In other words, he is no Boris Diaw. Or even Jared Sullinger. Adding muscle is one thing, but what he did essentially destroyed his season (and if he doesn't recover fast next summer maybe even the rest of his career). I am disappointed.