Game Day: Suns (11-15) @ Warriors (24-1), Wed 12/16/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Game Day: Suns (11-15) @ Warriors (24-1), Wed 12/16/15

Post by pickle »

Wow. I wasn't really submitting the trade proposal for the sake of improving the team. I think that that really isn't going to happen this year. To me, that move, assuming Chandler is okay with it, would be a way to get out of his massive contract for the three years after this, and also to move Markieff. I don't think at this point we are getting anything of real value back in any such move, so if we can free up some cap, then I am willing to do it.

But I am definitely not suggesting that Howard would somehow make this a better team. I personally dislike his game and presence very much. In fact in terms of tutoring Len, I think he is much less of an asset than Tyson. But then he is likely to opt out of his contract this season, so between a half year rental of Howard and that for a guy like Ryan Anderson where all we accomplish is to move Kieff (which we can also accomplish by just not playing him), I guess I'd prefer the Howard scenario.

Indy

Post by Indy »

We have management that thinks we can make the playoffs with our current roster.
I think we are right on the fringe and could possible make the playoffs. But that doesn't matter. We are not good enough to make any noise, and not bad enough to get a good pick to improve the team.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I get making progress tho and management wants to build up towards "making noise". Get our young guys in the playoffs this year, let them see what the intensity and level of play is and go into the offseason with that mindset and hopefully make more progress next year. I don't expect us to make the WCFs this year by any means but I also think, depending on the team we're playing, we could be a tough out and put a scare into some teams.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Indy wrote:
We have management that thinks we can make the playoffs with our current roster.
I think we are right on the fringe and could possible make the playoffs. But that doesn't matter. We are not good enough to make any noise, and not bad enough to get a good pick to improve the team.

Let's say the Suns somehow wheeze into the eighth playoff spot. That means four blowouts of 20 or more points to the Warriors. Or if they get real lucky and get the seventh spot. That means four blowouts of 15-20 points by the Spurs. That's progress? I remember the mid-80s Suns getting into the playoffs as the eighth seed, only to be swept and run off the floor by the showtime Lakers. It wasn't pretty ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:
Indy wrote:

Let's say the Suns somehow wheeze into the eighth playoff spot. That means four blowouts of 20 or more points to the Warriors. Or if they get real lucky and get the seventh spot. That means four blowouts of 15-20 points by the Spurs. That's progress? I remember the mid-80s Suns getting into the playoffs as the eighth seed, only to be swept and run off the floor by the showtime Lakers. It wasn't pretty ...
Exactly.

carey

Post by carey »

LazarusLong wrote:Let's say the Suns somehow wheeze into the eighth playoff spot. That means four blowouts of 20 or more points to the Warriors. Or if they get real lucky and get the seventh spot. That means four blowouts of 15-20 points by the Spurs. That's progress? I remember the mid-80s Suns getting into the playoffs as the eighth seed, only to be swept and run off the floor by the showtime Lakers. It wasn't pretty ...
Welp, thanks for ruining my day. :cry:
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:Let's say the Suns somehow wheeze into the eighth playoff spot. That means four blowouts of 20 or more points to the Warriors. Or if they get real lucky and get the seventh spot. That means four blowouts of 15-20 points by the Spurs. That's progress? I remember the mid-80s Suns getting into the playoffs as the eighth seed, only to be swept and run off the floor by the showtime Lakers. It wasn't pretty ...
Welp, thanks for ruining my day. :cry:
Laz is really good at pissing in cheerios.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It is what it is...

There can only be one winner and 29 losers.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:It is what it is...

There can only be one winner and 29 losers.
It is sad to be in the loser category for nearly 50 years.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

It ain't easy being Miss Congeniality forever...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Indy

Post by Indy »

LazarusLong wrote:It ain't easy being Miss Congeniality forever...
And we have only been that a few times. We have been Miss irrelevant far too long. Of course the org will keep saying that we are the "4th winningest" franchise in league history. They fail to mention that we are the only one in the top 5 without ever winning when it matters most. I mean, when most teams in the NBA have at least 1 ring, and nearly half have 2 or more... damn.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It's the curse!