Suns News: Week of 4/14-4/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Suns News: Week of 4/14-4/20

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:Although I think that McDonough did a very good job this last off-season, this one is even bigger for him and the Suns.
Maybe, maybe not. This may be the summer to stand pat. If Minnesota doesn't want to move Kevin Love, then he won't be moved, and right now they don't appear inclined to move. Do you waste assets to work a sign and trade for Monroe or Hayward? The draft aside, this may be the summer where the Suns don't do much at all.
if the suns regress, he will be out of the job by the end of next season.

but if the suns REAALLY REGRESS to philly levels, he might be able to salvage his job by offering suns faithful the hope of a potential number one overall pick next next season.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:
I was referring to the Suns media (AZ Republic, BSOTS) and the fanbase in general. And I'm not saying that the Cinderella season is the only reason to be happy with McDonough. I told this to Superbone last offseason: I'm not going to be easy. I'm not going to praise Hornacek for his summer league coaching. I'm not going to anoint McDonough for doing the bare minimum.
Bare Minimum? We must have different translations of that word. Getting 2 1st rd picks,Bledsoe,Green,and cap space is a whole lot more then "bare minimum" in my book.
You're right; "bare minimum" is too much of a hyperbole. But for me, it's pretty close to the minimum of what I would expect out of a good GM.
and you have to remember, all the preseason moves mcdo made to sell assets was made to make the suns TURRIBLE in the short term. dragon, green and co. screwed up his plans for wiggins et al.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SDC, McDonough isn't going anywhere.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
In2ition wrote:Although I think that McDonough did a very good job this last off-season, this one is even bigger for him and the Suns.
Maybe, maybe not. This may be the summer to stand pat. If Minnesota doesn't want to move Kevin Love, then he won't be moved, and right now they don't appear inclined to move. Do you waste assets to work a sign and trade for Monroe or Hayward? The draft aside, this may be the summer where the Suns don't do much at all.
I'll tattoo an LAL logo on my face if McD is fired next year.

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
if they are philly or utah bad, then he WONT be fired.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

but if the suns REAALLY REGRESS to philly levels, he might be able to salvage his job by offering suns faithful the hope of a potential number one overall pick next next season.
:lol:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:SDC, McDonough isn't going anywhere.
:lol: You don't try to talk sense to a lunatic.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

As far as I can tell, sdc's only main gripe about McD is that he didn't trade for Pau. Which is one move or lack of move out of a whole year on the job. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

im with you, we can be twins.
You sold me two quier giraffes

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeffreyLee wrote:
SDC wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
im with you, we can be twins.
Pictures or it didn't happen. Oh, wait. It will never happen.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:As far as I can tell, sdc's only main gripe about McD is that he didn't trade for Pau. Which is one move or lack of move out of a whole year on the job. Doesn't sound too bad to me.
Apparently, sdc likes Gasol so much that he wants McD fired since he didn't pick him up at the deadline.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

SDCs posts bring me joy. :lol: He's definitely got his own ideas, but they make me laugh.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:SDCs posts bring me joy. :lol: He's definitely got his own ideas, but they make me laugh.
Yep, he's out on his own little island. He keeps things interesting, I'll give him that.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

i did say that if the suns became extremely bad next season, in some perverse way he gets to keep his job.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:As far as I can tell, sdc's only main gripe about McD is that he didn't trade for Pau. Which is one move or lack of move out of a whole year on the job. Doesn't sound too bad to me.
Apparently, sdc likes Gasol so much that he wants McD fired since he didn't pick him up at the deadline.
admit it, the suns would not only have secured a playoff spot ahead of GSW, dallas and memphis if that deal got done, but also horny would have won COTY, mcdo EOTY, dragic 1st team all nba guard, gerald green MIP and sixth man of the year.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:

admit it, the suns would not only have secured a playoff spot ahead of GSW, dallas and memphis if that deal got done, but also horny would have won COTY, mcdo EOTY, dragic 1st team all nba guard, gerald green MIP and sixth man of the year.
They would have taken most improved away from Dragic?

Would Archie have won rookie of the year?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:i did say that if the suns became extremely bad next season, in some perverse way he gets to keep his job.
I'll make two predictions right now. The Suns will not be extremely bad next season and McDonough will not get fired. I know I'm going out on a limb here.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:i did say that if the suns became extremely bad next season, in some perverse way he gets to keep his job.
I'll make two predictions right now. The Suns will not be extremely bad next season and McDonough will not get fired. I know I'm going out on a limb here.
becoming really bad is a deliberate decision. if the suns starts selling assets again like last year, mcdo might eventually succeed... :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:
becoming really bad is a deliberate decision. if the suns starts selling assets again like last year, mcdo might eventually succeed... :lol:
My prediction stands. If anything, we'll be better.

"Be Legendary."