Eric Bledsoe: Out for the season with knee injury.

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Danimal

Re: Eric Bledsoe: Out for the season with knee injury.

Post by Danimal »

Indy wrote:
Danimal wrote:and hope they tell Hornacek he will be judged on how he develops our younger core and no Jeff that does not include Ronnie Price or PJ Tucker
I would be willing to be that has never been the direction to any head coach we have had under Sarver.
and the results have been very easy to see

It doesn't make sense to battle for the 8th seed unless you have a young core

Cap

Post by Cap »

TJ's threes mostly come from the corners. He needs to develop the shot from the top of the arc if he wants to be a real three-point threat from the SG position.

Shot chart:

http://nbasavant.com/player.php?player_id=203933

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:TJ's threes mostly come from the corners. He needs to develop the shot from the top of the arc if he wants to be a real three-point threat from the SG position.

Shot chart:

The SF position? I am ok with him just shooting it from the corner as long as he continues to hover around the 40% mark. That is plenty enough for defenders to respect him and open up his devastating mid-range game.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:TJ's threes mostly come from the corners. He needs to develop the shot from the top of the arc if he wants to be a real three-point threat from the SG position.

Shot chart:

The SF position? I am ok with him just shooting it from the corner as long as he continues to hover around the 40% mark. That is plenty enough for defenders to respect him and open up his devastating mid-range game.
Besides, his patented "you thought I was standing still but now I am gone and ready for an open pass for a layup/tear drop before you know it" usually starts in the corner. That is his spot.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hope the following occur:
- more consistent minutes for TJ, Len, Booker and we can finally see what we have in Goodwin. Whats the story with him now anyway?? Weems has been playing over him lately
When Morris threw the towel at Hornecek it was reported that Goodwin was yucking it up and getting a good laugh from it. I wonder if there was any repercussions from that?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Hope the following occur:
- more consistent minutes for TJ, Len, Booker and we can finally see what we have in Goodwin. Whats the story with him now anyway?? Weems has been playing over him lately
When Morris threw the towel at Hornecek it was reported that Goodwin was yucking it up and getting a good laugh from it. I wonder if there was any repercussions from that?
I thought the same, but Hornacek mentioned Archie in the rotation in that KTAR interview.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's one of the reasons I'm down on Archie. I think he's caught up with the Morris' from last season and because he hadn't been getting PT (which had complained about last season), he took to them and their BS. Misery loves company.

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:

Shot chart:

Agreed. I was responding to Pickle's comment (which I should have quoted — it's on the previous page) that his three-point shot makes him a good fit for the SG position. But, at least for now, he does his best work near the baseline.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yeah he's definitely not an outside threat yet. I'm hoping that he can develop into it a bit more though and help space the floor on the offensive end. I don't know if he has the speed to stay with quicker 2 guards, especially as they get smaller and quicker in the modern game.