Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Uncle_Gene

Re: Suns News: Week 10 12/28-1/3

Post by Uncle_Gene »

JCSunsfan wrote:Because he wants a job, and opportunities are going to be hard to find in the future, unless Philly is what he wants.
You think Mike D' and Sarver can "kiss and make-up ?"
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

TOO

Post by TOO »

Uncle_Gene wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Because he wants a job, and opportunities are going to be hard to find in the future, unless Philly is what he wants.
You think Mike D' and Sarver can "kiss and make-up ?"
Money fixes everything.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

No. I don't think DAntoni would come back here. However for a coach with an ego ( and that's all of them) this team is a dream. You get to play hero.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:WHY IS MARKIEFF MORRIS STILL ON THE TEAM????
GOOD QUESTION!!!!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

When Mike D was promoted to HC, we still had Marbury, Penny and co. That roster was far from suited for his style, but moves were made and the rest is history.

I'd be all for hiring D'Antoni again, but only as a catalyst to demolishing this mess of a roster and starting over. But if in turn what you intend is to sign Mike D to keep this 'core' in hopes that he can turn things around with his system, you are in for a world of pain and he is not the guy we need.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Ring_Wanted wrote:When Mike D was promoted to HC, we still had Marbury, Penny and co. That roster was far from suited for his style, but moves were made and the rest is history.

I'd be all for hiring D'Antoni again, but only as a catalyst to demolishing this mess of a roster and starting over. But if in turn what you intend is to sign Mike D to keep this 'core' in hopes that he can turn things around with his system, you are in for a world of pain and he is not the guy we need.
Completely agree.

Indy

Post by Indy »

pickle wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:When Mike D was promoted to HC, we still had Marbury, Penny and co. That roster was far from suited for his style, but moves were made and the rest is history.

Completely agree.
Me too. But there is no way we let him do that. That would mean he would be dictating to the GM more than Sarver likes.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:WHY IS MARKIEFF MORRIS STILL ON THE TEAM????
GOOD QUESTION!!!!
Because our FO has no balls where it counts.