Suns News: Week 14 1/26-1/31

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 14 1/26-1/31

Post by Mori Chu »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Heres a question. If the clippers call an offer Griffin do you entertain the idea?

Griffin is one of my least favorite players in the NBA, but he obviously has talent. Say LA calls and goes we want deal you griffin and it won't cost you Booker/Len or your pick....do you buy into his contract?
I'd absolutely want Blake. People quickly forget that he was like #2-3 in MVP consideration for most of last season when CP3 went down. He's an exceptional PF which is a position of great need for us. I'd give up any single asset we have (e.g. Booker or our 1st-rounder this year) along with other pieces to get Blake. I would really want to keep Booker if we could, but you have to go for a guy like Blake if you can ever get a player like that.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Heres a question. If the clippers call an offer Griffin do you entertain the idea?

Griffin is one of my least favorite players in the NBA, but he obviously has talent. Say LA calls and goes we want deal you griffin and it won't cost you Booker/Len or your pick....do you buy into his contract?
I'd absolutely want Blake. People quickly forget that he was like #2-3 in MVP consideration for most of last season when CP3 went down. He's an exceptional PF which is a position of great need for us. I'd give up any single asset we have (e.g. Booker or our 1st-rounder this year) along with other pieces to get Blake. I would really want to keep Booker if we could, but you have to go for a guy like Blake if you can ever get a player like that.
I think giving up our future back court for a current front court is short sighted. I don't think we are going to get a better player than Booker this year with the #4 or #5 pick.

And I can't imagine that the Clips would do the deal without Booker,Len and a pick. Well, and don't we have to include a bunch of salary too...

OE32

Post by OE32 »

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zurpmyq

What say you, smarty pants board?

Indy

Post by Indy »

OE32 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zurpmyq

I would say no. If you were to switch our pick this year for Booker, then I would likely do it. But it hurts me to say that because I can't see me ever rooting for Blake.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Indy wrote:
OE32 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zurpmyq

I would say no. If you were to switch our pick this year for Booker, then I would likely do it. But it hurts me to say that because I can't see me ever rooting for Blake.
I figure, it's got to be either Goodwin or Devin eventually. We all prefer Devin - and so would any sane observer.

We then have the freedom to draft Dunn or Grayson Allen in the draft - or, just as likely, trade down (with Denver or Boston?) if we don't end up with one of the top two picks.

Bledsoe/#7 pick
Reddick/Goodwin
Warren/Tucker/McRae
Griffin/Leuer/#17 pick
Chandler/Len

+ free agents

LAC would have to consider that deal, right?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I dont think we have anything the clippers would want in a Blake trade. If they are trading him, they're trying to win now and build around CP3. They won't be interested in Len, Booker, and future draft picks. I also think the chances they decide to trade him are almost 0. They'd be better off shipping away CP3 and extending their window with younger talent.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Absolutely not. What would the Suns have left after a trade? Bledsoe and Griffin? No thanks.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:I dont think we have anything the clippers would want in a Blake trade.
Agreed.

I think they would want Ibaka, Porzingis, Favors, Horford (who is so mediocre) or Love.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Simmons latest podcast had an interesting idea. Love to clips, Blake to Blazers, McCollum to cavs. Obviously there'd have to be other pieces involved as Portland comes away with the best player while giving up the worst, but it's an interesting framework. Love makes sense next to deandre and with CP3. Blazers would be ecstatic but would have to move another piece.

Does a 4 way trade sending ryan Anderson and McCollum to Cleveland, Blake to Portland, love to LA work? Portland would send something to New Orleans. Who says no? I think only Cleveland is losing the talent swap, but doesn't a Kyrie-McCollum-Lebron-Anderson-Mozgov team make more sense than Kyrie-shumpert-James-love-Mozgov

pickle

Post by pickle »

INFORMER wrote:
Split T wrote:I dont think we have anything the clippers would want in a Blake trade.
Agreed.

I think they would want Ibaka, Porzingis, Favors, Horford (who is so mediocre) or Love.
Inf, why are you so down on Horford?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/a1laflare10/status/693275771381682176

Cap

Post by Cap »

Haven't we heard that before?

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Cap wrote:Haven't we heard that before?
People really need to chill out with all this negativism re Archie. Archie is a very young man. He's not saying ALL the right things, but at least give him the benefit of the doubt when he does say the right thing.

I'm happy Archie's playing. I don't know what the future holds for him. I hope it's very bright.

Indy

Post by Indy »

OE32 wrote:
People really need to chill out with all this negativism re Archie. Archie is a very young man. He's not saying ALL the right things, but at least give him the benefit of the doubt when he does say the right thing.

I'm happy Archie's playing. I don't know what the future holds for him. I hope it's very bright.
Wasn't there a stat in the game that said he was in his third season but still younger than 2/3rds of this year's draft class?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OE32 wrote:

Yes, glad to see him taking responsibility. You don't downplay that.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
OE32 wrote:

Wasn't there a stat in the game that said he was in his third season but still younger than 2/3rds of this year's draft class?
35 out of 60. Not quite 2/3rds.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Indy wrote:
OE32 wrote:

35 out of 60. Not quite 2/3rds.
Meh. I'm an engineer. We don't value accuracy as much as mathematicians or statisticians.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

OE32 wrote:

In spades, OE.

The Archie hate here is pure bullshit. From day one, all reports on him have been all about ass-busting hard work and commitment. Though his jumper still needs work, the guy, after not getting regular run so far in his career, *never once* complained.

And, *the one time* he gets consistent, extended run, he's asked to play completely out of position, so what does he do?

He goes for it, balls to the wall, even nailing a game winner to cherry-top a 24 point game against Atlanta during this recent stretch. And he even tries to own the team's performance, taking all the losses to heart - he stepped right the fuck up, taking it for the team when anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that's nowhere near the case.

And yet there's *still* bitching.

And why is that? My take is the bitchers are tainted by the fact that Archie is friends with the Morris twins and that & that alone shades the judgement and fuels the hate.

Unpucker, kids - you're barking up the wrong tree.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

SwingMan wrote:
OE32 wrote:

In spades, OE.

The Archie hate here is pure bullshit. From day one, all reports on him have been all about ass-busting hard work and commitment. Though his jumper still needs work, the guy, after not getting regular run so far in his career, *never once* complained.

And, *the one time* he gets consistent, extended run, he's asked to play completely out of position, so what does he do?

He goes for it, balls to the wall, even nailing a game winner to cherry-top a 24 point game against Atlanta during this recent stretch. And he even tries to own the team's performance, taking all the losses to heart - he stepped right the fuck up, taking it for the team when anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that's nowhere near the case.

And why is that? My take is the bitchers are tainted by the fact that Archie is friends with the Morris twins and that & that alone shades the judgement and fuels the hate.

I just don't like him. Some players you like, some you don't. Just the way it is. Call me a hater if you like.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

JCSunsfan wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
OE32 wrote:

In spades, OE.

I just don't like him. Some players you like, some you don't. Just the way it is. Call me a hater if you like.
I'd like to know - exactly what about him don't you like?

I know Mori's take is based on conjecture from a cherry-picked post-game statement taken out of context, but what's yours? Is it because Archie doesn't have Booker's personality?

Christ - here there's discussion of taking on Blake Griffin, yet there's apparent concerns about how *Archie* carries himself? :lol:

Sorry - everyone is entitled to their own take, but I just find all the hate and criticism towards Archie silly and unfounded. Especially after how he's stepped up during this painfully difficult stretch.....