Welcome to the new site!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Welcome to the new site!

Post by Mori Chu »

Culburn, I want to give you a chance here, but if you keep this up I'm going to have to mute you. This ain't SpursTalk. It's up to you whether you want to walk the line and be able to stay here and post here, or get locked in a read-only prison like at Sose's joint.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Mori Chu wrote:Culburn, I want to give you a chance here, but if you keep this up I'm going to have to mute you. This ain't SpursTalk. It's up to you whether you want to walk the line and be able to stay here and post here, or get locked in a read-only prison like at Sose's joint.
I'll go voluntarily, Mori. And no hard feelings, seriously. You're a fine chappy and I wish you all the best with your new site. I'm proud of you starting this and I am happy for you to find success here.

& I'll still see you over at the NBA Forum.

- Dale

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Culburn369 wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Yay theres an ignore option.
Only pussies & assholes use the Ignore option.

lmvictoriousao!!!
Watch it buddy or you'll be outta here before you know what hit ya. Old habits die hard apparently. I can easily spot a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Edit: Sorry Mori, I hadn't seen the last page yet. I'd be real surprised if he could leave without spamming this place on the way out. At least that's been his MO for the last 20+ years.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Us reacting the way we do keeps the cycle going. This is a new start and a fresh site. Lets try and keep it in the present?

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd have banned him as soon as he registered, there is no reason a grown man should troll/insult a message board. Over compensation is ugly to watch.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I'd have banned him as soon as he registered, there is no reason a grown man should troll/insult a message board. Over compensation is ugly to watch.
I'm with you, TOO. He's the whole reason phxsuns.net existed and he's darn proud of it.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Yeah, I used to moderate an e-mail listserv before message boards were really around much and I can tell you one bad apple can spoil the bunch, real fast. First the hardcore posters get aggravated and then new posters stop registering. It's just a bad scene if it's not immediately axed.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Some people have too thin skinned, and can't appreciate an opposing view point or a sarcastic sense of humor. I guess I just don't see the same things everyone else does. Of course, thats nothing new for me, apparently.

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:Some people have too thin skinned, and can't appreciate an opposing view point or a sarcastic sense of humor. I guess I just don't see the same things everyone else does. Of course, thats nothing new for me, apparently.
Yeah, I mean calling someone a prick, then a pussy is totally sarcastic & should really be appreciated. Come on P219. I'm all for fans that want to talk basketball and contribute to the discussion. I hope it happens. I don't want posters whose sole purpose is to be a shit stirrer. The end.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phoenix219 wrote:Some people have too thin skinned, and can't appreciate an opposing view point or a sarcastic sense of humor. I guess I just don't see the same things everyone else does. Of course, thats nothing new for me, apparently.
I think you just like wild cards, a little craziness, and a sense of danger. Why else would you run a pizza joint into the wee hours of the night in New York City? :)

Call me thin skinned if you want but I don't appreciate what he brings to the table. I'm already less than thrilled with the conversations he's spurned. It's the kind of thing that would push me away from the site and what made phxsuns.net so great for all those years and kept me coming back was the lack of his kind of shtick. I've already wasted too much time talking about it which brings him no greater pleasure so I'm done talking about it.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

No, sarcasm I get, its the endless trolling and personal attacks that come with his schtick. Not interested, if you saw the old boards back in the late 90's you'd see why nobody likes him. I was only a lurker then, but it was absolutely ridiculous.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Someone should totally explain the history of this whole Cubby situation to me one day, lol.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

LazarusLong (I really hope he n Bobster make it over here) gave a good history lesson on everything...I really shoulda saved that post for posterity :(

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Its not meant in the literal insulting way; Its a schtick; If it was a character on TV, we'd be laughing. I have never taken the gimmick seriously...

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I WAS around for it all. I've been here since day 1. The situation now is downright civil and conversational compared to those days. Its not even in the same ball park. I see it as quirky personality and a devils advocate view. As long as it doesn't devolve into spam and parrotting, I don't see why we should hold the past against anyone. On top of that, we truly owe our existance as a community to his actions years ago. Without him, we would never have existed. It might have been for bad reasons, but we've ended up in a great place. Water under the bridge.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Superbone wrote:
I think you just like wild cards, a little craziness, and a sense of danger. Why else would you run a pizza joint into the wee hours of the night in New York City? :)

Call me thin skinned if you want but I don't appreciate what he brings to the table. I'm already less than thrilled with the conversations he's spurned. It's the kind of thing that would push me away from the site and what made phxsuns.net so great for all those years and kept me coming back was the lack of his kind of shtick. I've already wasted too much time talking about it which brings him no greater pleasure so I'm done talking about it.
Not quite NYC, but Rochester is a big city, so I'm sure everything you're imagining still applies. I can't say that you're completely wrong. I've always enjoyed the banter and the jokes and what I take as good natured ribbing. Maybe a compromise where he gets a thread to rule and roost in, but lacks permissions in other threads? I just think its a little two sided; Our reactions bring out further antagonization (is that a word?) and we perpetuate the cycle.

Everyone, of course, has a right to think and feel however they do about the situation, so, to each, their own. Don't think it matters at this point, anyways, lol.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Phoenix219 wrote:I WAS around for it all. I've been here since day 1. The situation now is downright civil and conversational compared to those days. Its not even in the same ball park. I see it as quirky personality and a devils advocate view. As long as it doesn't devolve into spam and parrotting, I don't see why we should hold the past against anyone. On top of that, we truly owe our existance as a community to his actions years ago. Without him, we would never have existed. It might have been for bad reasons, but we've ended up in a great place. Water under the bridge.
"Only pussies & assholes use the Ignore option."

Took less than 20 posts. Maybe you enjoy reading ignorance, I do not. :roll:

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Thats schtick, not a personal insult. That's what i meant by it being a two way cycle. Its only personal if you take it personally. Its ones of his new catch phrases, and is applied liberally on other sites. Don't feed into it, because its irrelevent.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Glad I caught wind of the new site, I missed this place. Welcome back everyone, glad to see many familiar faces and some new ones as well.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Thanks for getting this site up Mori, I appreciate having .NET back. I know a lot of old .NETTERs were over on Real GM so maybe a post over there would spread the news. I found out from Mori by visiting Spurs Talk.